Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2092062 times)

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #2225 on: February 22, 2012, 09:20:55 PM »
To be fair mate the majority of fans on here havent posted on this subject,we know our clubs are similiar and these things could just have easily happened to us.Personally id sooner have Wolves in this division than the likes of West Ham being rammed down our throats every week by the media,in fact id like all the Midland clubs up there.

Big difference they have an owner who has an unrealistic vision for the club. They had a s*** manager and now have no manager. Their fans are the hardest to please in the PL. Jez Moxey is shocking. Their transfers are awful which has resulted in them having one of the worst squads in the division.

I know I should be united with you when it comes to talk about Wolves but I'm afraid I can't agree with it easily happening to us. Their club is run awfully.

We are similar sized clubs and that is as far as the similarities go in my opinion.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2226 on: February 22, 2012, 09:22:06 PM »
Why's that? I don't care about the derby day defeats now, survival is the key and if that happens then I'm happy.

The one person you can never fool is yourself, it still hurts, admit it! ;D
Baggie in Southampton

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2227 on: February 22, 2012, 09:23:32 PM »
You may well stay up, as long as its not at our expense then its no big deal to me.

No point having a rival you never play.
I only go for the beer.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2228 on: February 22, 2012, 09:23:50 PM »
Why's that? I don't care about the derby day defeats now, survival is the key and if that happens then I'm happy.

Of course you  care merlin, battered and humiliated by your local rivals on national tv. All propective managers telling you to stick it, work stopped on your super dooper stadium, bottom three.
Doesnt get much worse does it, unless you can cap it by getting relegated as well.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

merlin_mick

« Reply #2229 on: February 22, 2012, 09:26:44 PM »
Of course you  care merlin, battered and humiliated by your local rivals on national tv. All propective managers telling you to stick it, work stopped on your super dooper stadium, bottom three.
Doesnt get much worse does it, unless you can cap it by getting relegated as well.

Survival is all that matters. You were 100x the better side and deserved the wins against us, fair play.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2230 on: February 22, 2012, 09:29:26 PM »
Survival is all that matters. You were 100x the better side and deserved the wins against us, fair play.

No Mick, we are 100% the better side, plus we have a manager!
Baggie in Southampton

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2231 on: February 22, 2012, 09:29:33 PM »
"Utter utter shambles, too tight to pay for compensation so back to on to plan F which is "oh rubbish, let's get Hoddle"
You just know M&M are going to screw up the signing of Bruce, letting him sign a four year contract or something."

"What I find particularly frustrating is Morgan's constant talk of the "project" and taking us to the next level. Meanwhile, in Sandwell, there is no endless, tedious talk of "plans" or the constant self-congratulatory prattle of "we're well run", they just happen to get on with it and let their actions speak for themselves. What is particularly galling from the article is that not only have they dithered over Mick, it seems the entire structure of back-room staff is outdated and inefficient. Surely if Morgan had a "project" he should have identified this."

"We are behind villa , Albion , and blues apparently ha ha ha ha. Villa yes the rest dream on and learn your history Brighton fans . And Brighton fans when you have been champions of England three times and won four fa cups and two league cups and pioneered European club football you might be as big "

"You make a very good point. He's always done a good job where he's been in my opinion. He may be the motivator that we need at the moment" on Billy Davies hahahahahahaahahahaha

Just a few funny little comments I've lifted from having a good laugh at their current problems.

Vassassin

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2232 on: February 22, 2012, 09:34:39 PM »
Hear they're flying in Kevin Muscat for an interview???
Return our Parthenon Marbles, we're going nuts without them!

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2233 on: February 22, 2012, 09:36:47 PM »

You could be right mate. I've also heard Gary Breen is in the running now.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2234 on: February 22, 2012, 09:38:32 PM »
Also hearing rumours that Mickey Adams has become the favourite...

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2235 on: February 22, 2012, 09:40:26 PM »

anyone who knows merlin should send an ambulance to his house, cause I think he may just of choked on that last post  :-*
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2236 on: February 22, 2012, 09:45:14 PM »
You could be right mate. I've also heard Gary Breen is in the running now.
Gary Breen.......running?.......that would be a first.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2237 on: February 22, 2012, 09:50:26 PM »
To be fair mate the majority of fans on here havent posted on this subject,we know our clubs are similiar and these things could just have easily happened to us.Personally id sooner have Wolves in this division than the likes of West Ham being rammed down our throats every week by the media,in fact id like all the Midland clubs up there.

Would you really want them up there? I wouldn't say I'm particularly bothered in honesty, I've enjoyed our past few games against the Villa a lot more than the BCD. Last sundays victory bringing a bit of derby passion back to it. I've seen us walk over Wo1ve5 so many times I don't think I'm bothered about them in the PL. They could happily languish in those lower leagues with Walsall and I don't think I'd be bothered. Plus, I know quite a few vile fans and it's always a pleasure to wind them up. Having said this, I'll always enjoy watching them struggle and making a completely mockery out of everything.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2238 on: February 22, 2012, 09:53:10 PM »
Would you really want them up there? I wouldn't say I'm particularly bothered in honesty, I've enjoyed our past few games against the Villa a lot more than the BCD. Last sundays victory bringing a bit of derby passion back to it. I've seen us walk over Wo1ve5 so many times I don't think I'm bothered about them in the PL. They could happily languish in those lower leagues with Walsall and I don't think I'd be bothered. Plus, I know quite a few vile fans and it's always a pleasure to wind them up. Having said this, I'll always enjoy watching them struggle and making a completely mockery out of everything.

Just obnoxious, they will not be missed!
Baggie in Southampton

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2239 on: February 22, 2012, 09:54:59 PM »

:D   Hahahahahaha now there's a great idea. Almost as funny as Mark Bosnich wanting him to un-retire and mentioning him in the same sentence as Scholes and Henry.

"They can still make the top four and I think Musky can play a big part. He can play a cameo role at least, and like Paul Scholes and Thierry Henry returning to Arsenal, I don't see the problem."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/ex-socceroo-mark-bosnich-urges-kevin-muscat-to-come-back-and-save-melbourne-victorys-a-league-season/story-e6frf4gl-1226264274511

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2240 on: February 22, 2012, 09:57:50 PM »
Muscat and Breen?

Never mind managing, they'd get a game!
I only go for the beer.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2241 on: February 22, 2012, 10:04:12 PM »
Gary Breen.......running?.......that would be a first.

I couldn't agree more  ;) I've just given you the only ever example of 'Breen' and 'running' in the same sentence.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2242 on: February 22, 2012, 10:05:03 PM »
Muscat and Breen?

Never mind managing, they'd get a game!

Them two with Craddock at the back to save their season. I can already hear the Dingles calling for it.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2243 on: February 22, 2012, 10:08:25 PM »

I feel very similar to you Liam, beating the dingles just seems like something we always do these days.

Maybe its to do with where you live, I live in the heart of vile country now, so it gives me greater enjoyment beating them, plus when I was about your age the dingles were in the old FORTH division & we didn't play them for years (probably going to happen again soon).

Back then our main rivals were the vile, so that will always be personally my biggest derby, be interesting to know how many of us Baggies hate the vile or the dingo's the most.   
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2244 on: February 22, 2012, 10:24:13 PM »
I feel very similar to you Liam, beating the dingles just seems like something we always do these days.

Maybe its to do with where you live, I live in the heart of vile country now, so it gives me greater enjoyment beating them, plus when I was about your age the dingles were in the old FORTH division & we didn't play them for years (probably going to happen again soon).

Back then our main rivals were the vile, so that will always be personally my biggest derby, be interesting to know how many of us Baggies hate the vile or the dingo's the most.   

I'm 16 and my rivalry has always been against the Wolves. Living in West Brom and us playing frequently always led me to dislike the Wolves, aswell as their arrogance. In my time watching the Albion I've never seen us control a fixture as much as this. There have been times where I've walked into it expecting to win and I've never really been let down. The difference in quality at times has always been amazing and although we're similiar sized clubs I've always seen us do better on the pitch, and off it with how the club is run.

The reaction of the Villa to us beating them twice has been terrific because they quite simply cannot hack little Albion doing them over. There arrogance and deluded mindset has made me dislike them as much as the Wolves if not more. I'll always dislike Wolves, but there's a rivalry against Villa which can be reignited if we can continue to bite them where it hurts. We've suffered many years of hurt against them, won't hurt for us to repay what they've done to us for many a year.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2245 on: February 22, 2012, 10:27:21 PM »

We have had this discussion before, older fans its the Villa, younger ones the Wolves, give or take!
Baggie in Southampton

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2246 on: February 22, 2012, 10:29:25 PM »
If, and it's a big IF we stay up now it'll be so much sweeter after these last few pages.

(I do realise this may come back to haunt me and I'm willing to take that)

Will it really though?  :D

If you stay up then you avoid us all laughing but it will be a hollow victory unless you stay up at our expense (which on the evidence of the season isnt looking that likely at the moment).

I think you really need to get this choice right. You need to have an eye on the future with whoever you bring in. They need to be able to make you a mid table premier league team.
Boing Boing

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2247 on: February 22, 2012, 10:30:45 PM »
Enjoyed the Villa games, but always be Wolves for me, cant stand anything to do with them. Nothing will ever be as good as 12/2/2012.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2248 on: February 22, 2012, 10:31:59 PM »
If, and it's a big IF we stay up now it'll be so much sweeter after these last few pages.

(I do realise this may come back to haunt me and I'm willing to take that)

Why? LOL

I think you will find most albion fans want you to stay up as then we only need 34 points to get the 40 next season as we already have 6 guarenteed  ;D  ;D

Vassassin

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2249 on: February 22, 2012, 10:46:56 PM »
Just saw Muscat at the sports shop here in Melbourne, wanted to buy a Dingle top for his impending return to Wo1ve5 starting line up. Poor salesgirl got a massive spray, told Musky that they don't stock minor teams shirts! I bought him an Albion one, one of the third kit, as they were running low on stock of the home and away ones.
Return our Parthenon Marbles, we're going nuts without them!