Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2091712 times)

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #1775 on: February 01, 2012, 08:44:14 AM »
bassongs a good season but one man dont maketh a team. although the defending was meagre at times last night a lot of problems stemmed in their forward play with the ball being given away too much. will he be strengthen their defence sufficiently, and adapt to the wolves regime? itll be interesting.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1776 on: February 01, 2012, 09:17:39 AM »
If things dont imporve soon Mick aint going to be here for much longer.

If they do get rid of Mick then who they replace him with really? If he takes them down then Mick knows how to get out that league. It's a toughie for them.

bosh

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1777 on: February 01, 2012, 10:28:30 AM »

Apparently they missed out on a last minute transfer deal.

After getting:
Frimpong from Arsenal
Bassong from Spurs

They wanted Ting Tong from Tooting...Mick could be Mr Dudley.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1778 on: February 01, 2012, 11:37:47 AM »
reading the posts on the express and dingle site one of them wants Mick out and Roy Keane in haha.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1779 on: February 01, 2012, 11:57:59 AM »
Got to love this post.

Sharples : "If any of them want to challenge that then they can crack on. However, as I said a few weeks ago, most Wolves fans are thick...and fickle. Cardboard chewers."

;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

8thewolves

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1780 on: February 01, 2012, 01:50:31 PM »
If they do get rid of Mick then who they replace him with really? If he takes them down then Mick knows how to get out that league. It's a toughie for them.

They'll probably end up with colin, the perfect match for each other.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1781 on: February 01, 2012, 02:04:18 PM »
Bassong is a good signing for them. Definately one I think we should look at if he were available over the summer.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1782 on: February 01, 2012, 02:51:30 PM »
Fletcher didnt do a great deal last night, I think that they should have brought in another striker.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1783 on: February 01, 2012, 05:11:49 PM »
Fletcher didnt do a great deal last night, I think that they should have brought in another striker.

Their priorities should be elsewhere in my opinion, the strikers on their books are certainly good enough. Fletcher gets goals from nothing, Doyle works his backside off, and SEB is SEB. If they could be half decent at defending then they'd be alright.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1784 on: February 01, 2012, 05:22:39 PM »
That stand will look mighty fine in the championship.

Mighty fine.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1785 on: February 02, 2012, 05:59:47 AM »
Steve Morgan, the Wolverhampton Wanderers owner, was so upset with the 3-0 home defeat against Liverpool on Tuesday night that he went into the dressing room after the final whistle and delivered a scathing attack on the players.

Wolves were booed off after an 11th game without a win in all competitions left them second from bottom of the Premier League and in deep relegation trouble. It appears that it was the manner of the defeat, not just the scoreline, that was too much to bear for Morgan. Only a few weeks earlier the chairman described the club's league position as unacceptable and demanded improvement over the second half of the season.

Liverpool's comfortable victory means that Wolves have collected only 11 points from their past 20 league games, with seven of the 18 points they have accumulated this season coming during the opening three fixtures.

Although Morgan occasionally goes into the home dressing room before a game to deliver what may be described as a motivational speech, it is almost unprecedented for him to do so after a match. Morgan, however, was unable to conceal his anger at a display that Mick McCarthy later admitted was "unacceptable".

McCarthy was present when Morgan addressed the players, arguably placing him in an uncomfortable position, and it is unclear what the manager felt about the chairman's actions. The players were surprised by his outburst and it remains to be seen what effect it will have on morale as well as on the relationship between McCarthy and Morgan.

Although the pressure on McCarthy is building on the back of a poor run, the players remain firmly behind him and there is no indication that his position is under immediate threat. The next two games, however, appear crucial. Wolves travel to Loftus Road to face Queens Park Rangers on Saturday and host West Bromwich Albion, their Black Country rivals, the following Sunday in a hugely significant fixture.

Whatever the outcome of those two games, Roger Johnson believes that McCarthy is "the man to get us out of it". The Wolves captain also claimed that the players rather than the manager should take responsibility for their predicament.

"Changing the manager isn't going to change what the players do on the pitch," he said. "Unfortunately, that's what it's like in football. The manager's head's on the chopping block. It's unfortunate. For me and all the lads, the manager needs to stay. We respect the manager massively.

"He's the man to get us out of it, he's done it before and he'll do it again. [He's a fighter], you can't really get a better man for the job. We've let ourselves down – the players on the pitch are the ones who let the staff and the fans down."

With patience stretched to breaking point among some of the supporters, there is an air of negativity enveloping Molineux at the moment. Johnson said that the discontent in the stands is a hindrance to the players but he refused to criticise the fans for their reaction against Liverpool. "It doesn't help, but they've paid their money and can voice their opinions," he said. "They've got their say and they had their say [on Tuesday night]. It's not the first time, but we were losing 3-0 at home, what do you expect them to do?"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/01/steve-morgan-wolves

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1786 on: February 02, 2012, 08:04:53 AM »
Their up and coming game against us is probably bigger than the game last season for them.I feel so good we have a good away record
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1787 on: February 02, 2012, 08:56:43 AM »
Have to smile at Wolves fans mentality. Speaking to one at daughters training last night, he said leaving the game on Tuesday one of the "old boys" who had had a season ticket for "50 years" was so fed up he was not renewing next year. So the chap follows them through thick and thin, the bhatti and Chorley years and gives up on them having reached and sustained a Premiership place. Thick and thin? Just thick!
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1788 on: February 02, 2012, 09:15:27 AM »
Their up and coming game against us is probably bigger than the game last season for them.I feel so good we have a good away record

Agreed.

We should have finished them off last season and I am still angry at our 'non' performance.

We can't relegate them this early (which is a shame) but we can certainly make it a whole lot worse for them.

Wolves for me are in big trouble. Everything that I hear from the club at the moment screams relegation.

I've said all along the only thing holding Wolves back is Mick, however, I feel it is too late to even get rid of him now.

The chairman seems to be preparing the club for a season in the championship with the ground redevelopment put on hold etc.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1789 on: February 02, 2012, 12:01:57 PM »
This game with Wolves will be one of the biggest we win, we got another big step towards staying, which will reuslt in then taking a massive step towards the Championship.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1790 on: February 02, 2012, 02:34:51 PM »
itll be huge im confident of a win but bassong and frimpong are very good signings!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1791 on: February 02, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »
itll be huge im confident of a win but bassong and frimpong are very good signings!

Many an "ong"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:41:42 PM by Baggies »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1792 on: February 02, 2012, 02:38:14 PM »
I hope Mick stays until after they've played us.
We certainly owe them one after last season, how sweet revenge on their turf would be
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1793 on: February 02, 2012, 02:45:23 PM »
I feel a song coming on with Pong in it

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1794 on: February 02, 2012, 03:05:06 PM »
Why dont we rename their place Steptoes backyard instead of the custard bowl, its not quite looking so yellow lately
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Ben1983

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1795 on: February 02, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »
As Frimpong has launched his #DENCH range we should launch on which says #BBBenchhhh in blue and white!
WestBrom.com FC Number 10

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1796 on: February 02, 2012, 05:20:54 PM »
The theme from the black countrys ours

There not even yours

There not even yours

your best players
are not even yours

If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1797 on: February 02, 2012, 05:25:37 PM »

There not even yours

There not even yours

your best players
are not even yours

I really like that. It's undeniably true.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1798 on: February 02, 2012, 05:27:36 PM »

There not even yours

There not even yours

your best players
are not even yours

I had a laugh at that one!

Would love that to be sang.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1799 on: February 02, 2012, 05:47:25 PM »
I like Mick McCarthey but I believe it would be the right decision to change managers now.

They have the players to stay up, no doubt about that. Fletcher and Doyle are good strikers, Frimpong and Bassong are good loan signings and O'Hara, Jarvis, Hunt and Johnson could be fist team players in a bottom 10 championship side.

Statistics show changing a manager half way through a season can help you stay up and so I think with Mccarthey having failed to take any premier league club forward in the last ten years they should probably take a risk and go for somebody else.

Hopefully though, they stick with him - take up one of the relegation spots  :D.
Boing Boing