Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2091581 times)

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #1525 on: December 31, 2011, 08:04:19 PM »
Dissapointed that they are getting Frimpong, a player who i would have liked us to bring in, even more so now with Mulumbu's injury. Hopefully they don't beat us to the signing of Nedum Onouha (not sure of spelling). Decent points for them in the past couple of games and i fancy them to take something from Chelsea aswell.

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1526 on: December 31, 2011, 09:59:50 PM »
The Dingles have yet again provided us with an amusing year both on and off the field.

Take a look at the following quotes all penned by the Orange and Black moon barkers throughout this year:

…I think we'll finish above you guys this season (as I said in a previous post) but this is only because I feel that extra season in the Prem will prove the difference, we got past the '2nd season syndrome' and can really kick on to try and finish in the top half (which has become a target), we've improved our one area of the field that was letting us down (Defence). The signing of RJ was a brilliant one, he's a leader hence why Mick chose him as our new captain…

…Can't wait for 6 points from you guys
We took 4 last season, it's time to take another 2 on top of that…

…I would like to say we'd finish about 9th but I'm going to say 12th. I say 12th because our problem last season was the amount of goals we conceded, scoring wasn't really a problem and with the improvements made I think they'll prove extremely effective…

…we had no problem in scoring goals, it was conceding that was the problem and I think RJ is the perfect man to stop that...

…I’m not saying we are going to be challenging for Europe btw, I’m not even saying we will top what you lot did last season but I certainly don’t think we will be scraping it at the bottom again...

…It may only be by one goal but I'll relish being above you guys this week no matter if it changes next weekend...

…Fletcher doesn't waste time passing the ball with his backside and looking fancy, he just bangs in the goals... no messing about...

…Fletcher’s first goal against Sunderland was Bergkamp esque and allot of his play with the ball at his feet is. The way he took it down and his volley shone of technique that Long doesn’t have...

…Fletcher is superior to Long in terms of Technique, it’s insulting to the bloke to even compare them in that respect. I am astounded to read some of the stuff and clearly none of you lot have seen…the 20 seconds highlights on MOTD…

...You may have "only" paid £2m for Odemwingie, but all you've got is an aging player who from now on will get worse with each game. You'll need a lot more during your upcoming difficult second season. Oh that's right, you've just bought Shane Long, a.k.a. "The Poor Man's Kevin Doyle"...

…Nothing hurts, not with where we are at the moment...Things for our club are looking great:

Stadium re-development.
Great players with awesome potential still (Jarvis, O'Hara, Johnson (but getting on a bit), Fletcher, Kightly if he can regain his old form, etc etc).
Great chairman, cheif executive and manager who are working well and doing the business.
Top sponser in SportingBet...[/b

…In the last 10-15 years I don’t think there has really been that much between us…Yes we blew the 11 points…Yes you did us in the play-offs…

…we don't need to be and aren't jealous of The Baggies!
Forget history (including last season may I include).
This is now and that's all that matters...

…Molineux will be the Midland's Wembley! Imagine that…

…Loving this thread - I can't wait to come back in May 2012...

Wolverhampton Wanderers…putting the “count” into the Black Country since 1879

Happy New Year to you all  ;D

In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1527 on: December 31, 2011, 11:44:50 PM »
Some of them dont half come out with some rubbish dont they.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

reiss

« Reply #1528 on: December 31, 2011, 11:50:03 PM »
Some of them dont half come out with some rubbish dont they.

They do ive got a dingle uncle, we had a 20 pound bet at the start of the season who would finish higher, looking good at the moment

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #1529 on: December 31, 2011, 11:58:25 PM »
I watched them today against Bolton on a live stream and ive got to say they were absolutely abysmal,
until Mick McCarthy starts to drop some of the Championship players ie STEARMAN,HENRY,EDWARDS,,EBANKS-BLAKE etc they will struggle.
Bolton were there for the taking today yet Mad Mick blew it yet again with a dire negative team selection.
A starting 11 of    HENNESSEY,FOLEY,JOHNSON,BERRA,S.WARD,
                            HAMMILL,GUEDIOURA,HUNT,JARVIS,DOYLE,FLETCHER could of won that game.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1530 on: January 01, 2012, 09:59:45 AM »
I saw the game as well Yesterday Bolton werent much better but Wolves have had a lot of winable games and havnt won them.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1531 on: January 01, 2012, 11:15:54 PM »
looks like the wolves fans are finding roys headbanging today funny, cant disagree about that as it did look a little funny, despite the disappointing result today. plenty of sympathetic comments from our dear neigbours on molineux mix though. can see them getting something tomorrow.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1532 on: January 01, 2012, 11:39:41 PM »
Five ponts ahead of them, were in a much better postion than they are.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

merlin_mick

« Reply #1533 on: January 02, 2012, 12:23:20 PM »
Happpy new year Baggies!
Here's to a good 2nd half of the season! (Hopefully)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1534 on: January 02, 2012, 12:29:25 PM »
Happpy new year Baggies!
Here's to a good 2nd half of the season! (Hopefully)
Happy new year to you mate
Looking forward to out second encounter next month.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

reiss

« Reply #1535 on: January 02, 2012, 04:55:48 PM »
 another nail in the dingle coffin, ;D

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1536 on: January 02, 2012, 05:04:15 PM »
Anyone been on the mix and seen the Sandwell thread ;D.
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1537 on: January 02, 2012, 05:38:18 PM »
Anyone been on the mix and seen the Sandwell thread ;D.

How thick are they? When they're above us in the league and consistently beating us, yes, then they can mock. We're not the ones on the brink of the relegation zone.

reiss

« Reply #1538 on: January 02, 2012, 05:42:53 PM »
How thick are they? When they're above us in the league and consistently beating us, yes, then they can mock. We're not the ones on the brink of the relegation zone.

i feeling signing up to the mix and telling whats right, cuase there clearly deluded

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1539 on: January 02, 2012, 07:32:32 PM »
Still dreaming of Europe in front of their 50,000 seater white elephant are they ?   :o
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

merlin_mick

« Reply #1540 on: January 02, 2012, 08:32:39 PM »
You guys always brighten my day even after yet another loss haha.

reiss

« Reply #1541 on: January 02, 2012, 08:34:54 PM »
You guys always brighten my day even after yet another loss haha.

a bit like molinuex mix after we lose :D

merlin_mick

« Reply #1542 on: January 02, 2012, 10:06:32 PM »
a bit like molinuex mix after we lose :D

Exactly. That's the way it is. Not a bad loss today tbh. This 2nd half of the season we need to get points against the teams around us. That's gunna be vital for both of us I think, although you guys are obviously in a better position at the moment.

reiss

« Reply #1543 on: January 02, 2012, 10:18:28 PM »
Exactly. That's the way it is. Not a bad loss today tbh. This 2nd half of the season we need to get points against the teams around us. That's gunna be vital for both of us I think, although you guys are obviously in a better position at the moment.

i must admit i expected you lot to do a bit better this season, than what you are doing

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1544 on: January 02, 2012, 10:21:21 PM »
i must admit i expected you lot to do a bit better this season, than what you are doing
I did as well, espically after the start Wolves made to the season.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

merlin_mick

« Reply #1545 on: January 02, 2012, 10:57:41 PM »
I did as well, espically after the start Wolves made to the season.

I did too, gotta step it up these next few months.

reiss

« Reply #1546 on: January 05, 2012, 04:26:43 PM »
 wolves made bid for onuha, but can see him going to qpr

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1547 on: January 05, 2012, 05:28:27 PM »
After the cup game its Spurs, Villa and Liverpool. I carnt see them getting anything at Spurs but Villa is a very winable game, and I wouldnt be suprised if they got something against Liverpool.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1548 on: January 07, 2012, 04:49:36 PM »
Watched them vs Blues and they were VERY poor. I know people have gone on this season but I didn't quite believe it how bad they are, and it was almost a first team too.

For large parts of the game they were the worse team. The only difference was Wolves had better finishing but still looked poor.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1549 on: January 07, 2012, 04:52:58 PM »
Saw some of the game today, very poor game, Wolves wont want that replay.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC