Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 263752 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #900 on: January 23, 2021, 07:13:27 PM »
Let me guess Azaz will be out of contract in 5 months

Expires may 2021 according to a couple google searches.

But strange of us to let him leave on loan for a season which his contract would expire. Unless we have a deal in place?

Looks tidy though and though he could do a job in championship.

Griffiths looks a talent too, him and Palmer to fight it out for the number one spot soon.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #901 on: January 23, 2021, 07:14:51 PM »
Does seem weird to let him out on a season loan if there's no recall option as he could shine and walk on a free. Saying that this is the Albion so it makes sense.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #902 on: January 23, 2021, 07:15:26 PM »
Danny Murphy just heaping praise on Azaz!  Now there's a first!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #903 on: January 23, 2021, 07:15:40 PM »
Azaz gone off he look burned out last 15 minutes has now gone off
O Albion we love you

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #904 on: January 23, 2021, 07:53:48 PM »
I'd expect there'll be an extra year option in our favour with Azaz.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #905 on: January 23, 2021, 08:12:24 PM »
You would hope there was a year's option on Azaz, or that the records of his contract are wrong. In fairness, I doubt clubs will be banging our door down for him as they would still need to pay the compensation fee regardless which will be off putting for a 20 year old who still has a lot of questions marks over him. He has had a good game on the back of a solid season, but the step up to league 1 would be his next step you would think. I would imagine he will sign a new contract and then we will look at a league 1 loan (hopefully with a promoted Cheltenham Town).
Boing Boing

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #906 on: January 23, 2021, 08:47:24 PM »
Does seem weird to let him out on a season loan if there's no recall option as he could shine and walk on a free. Saying that this is the Albion so it makes sense.

Azaz has a long way to go, and isn’t where they were, but If the club has not learnt from Tyler Roberts and Nathan Fergusson I honestly don’t know what to say.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #907 on: January 23, 2021, 08:57:13 PM »
Azaz has a long way to go, and isn’t where they were, but If the club has not learnt from Tyler Roberts and Nathan Fergusson I honestly don’t know what to say.

Exactly right. We never learn EVER.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #908 on: January 23, 2021, 10:02:18 PM »
Loan round up.

Kenneth Zohore was subbed off in a 3-0 loss for Milwall today, the reviews aren't great (what on earth made Dowling think he would be a good signing????). Charlie Austin was also subbed off for QPR in their loss to Derby.

Owen Windsor was not in the Newport County squad despite playing mid week and because he is an Albion loanee there is a 99% chance he has an injury, because that's God's wish at the moment.

On a brighter note, Alex Palmer's Lincoln won 2-1 and remain in the automatic promotion places. Palmer is currently on 12 clean sheets for the season and the Lincoln twitter account asked last week what Imps fans thought of him. Many say he is there best ever, never does anything wrong and is destined for the top. Plymouth fans were replying saying how brilliant he was for them. Whatever happens this season, we should look to cash in on Johnstone if the chance arises.
Boing Boing

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #909 on: January 24, 2021, 12:39:28 AM »
Loan round up.

Kenneth Zohore was subbed off in a 3-0 loss for Milwall today, the reviews aren't great (what on earth made Dowling think he would be a good signing????). Charlie Austin was also subbed off for QPR in their loss to Derby.

Owen Windsor was not in the Newport County squad despite playing mid week and because he is an Albion loanee there is a 99% chance he has an injury, because that's God's wish at the moment.

On a brighter note, Alex Palmer's Lincoln won 2-1 and remain in the automatic promotion places. Palmer is currently on 12 clean sheets for the season and the Lincoln twitter account asked last week what Imps fans thought of him. Many say he is there best ever, never does anything wrong and is destined for the top. Plymouth fans were replying saying how brilliant he was for them. Whatever happens this season, we should look to cash in on Johnstone if the chance arises.

I agree cash in on johnstone on relegation and then give palmer a go. Get Griffiths in league 1 on loan
O Albion we love you

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #910 on: January 24, 2021, 09:37:45 AM »
Agree Beechy. The ideal scenario is that Cheltenham get promoted allowing us to loan Azaz and Griffiths to familiar territory there next season and we get a silly money offer for Johnstone which allows us to then reinvigorate others areas of our squad. Admittedly, we will need a side in desperate need of a keeper and i'm not sure who thay side would be (Sheff Utd are already regretting the moneythey spent on Ramsdale who is having a horror season) but if we had modest expectations, we might be able to get around the £12 mil mark.

On a slightly different note, following the Lincoln game yesterday allowed me to track Morgan Rogers on his first ever senior start. By all accounts he struggled to have any impact and was subbed off. I'm conflicted what to think with Rogers, on one hand i'd love an Albion fan to make it into the England side that looks a good bet to eventually win a major tournament (especially as Ramsdale looks like he is going to sink out of contention), but then we could do with as many cases as possible pf players flopping after choosing to leave our academy. I think it gives us the upper hand in keeping any other promising kids in the future.
Boing Boing

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #911 on: January 24, 2021, 10:04:13 AM »
Agree Beechy. The ideal scenario is that Cheltenham get promoted allowing us to loan Azaz and Griffiths to familiar territory there next season and we get a silly money offer for Johnstone which allows us to then reinvigorate others areas of our squad. Admittedly, we will need a side in desperate need of a keeper and i'm not sure who thay side would be (Sheff Utd are already regretting the moneythey spent on Ramsdale who is having a horror season) but if we had modest expectations, we might be able to get around the £12 mil mark.

On a slightly different note, following the Lincoln game yesterday allowed me to track Morgan Rogers on his first ever senior start. By all accounts he struggled to have any impact and was subbed off. I'm conflicted what to think with Rogers, on one hand i'd love an Albion fan to make it into the England side that looks a good bet to eventually win a major tournament (especially as Ramsdale looks like he is going to sink out of contention), but then we could do with as many cases as possible pf players flopping after choosing to leave our academy. I think it gives us the upper hand in keeping any other promising kids in the future.

Morgan Rogers is still very highly rated, it’ll be at least two years before we can judge him. His prem 2 record is good and he’s still just 18. Men’s football takes some getting used to, and the lower leagues will be like nothing he’s played in before.

I agree we need to find a way to keep them, but getting some young kids in our side and having them go on to top clubs would be better than those going to early failing, as that alone strangely supports taking money while your stocks high.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #912 on: January 24, 2021, 11:55:51 AM »
Ironically enough if City hadn't sent Rogers out on loan Pep would have had an opportunity to see how Rogers faired against League One opposition in person yesterday. And all be it they're different ages we could have compared his progress to Azaz and Griffiths on national TV at  the same time. Funny old game.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #913 on: January 24, 2021, 03:41:39 PM »
Ironically enough if City hadn't sent Rogers out on loan Pep would have had an opportunity to see how Rogers faired against League One opposition in person
By playing him against us on Tuesday?

[...] yesterday.
Ah, okay.
#BOGOLO

PHP developer for hire. Apply within.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #914 on: January 24, 2021, 04:37:20 PM »
Morgan Rogers is still very highly rated, it’ll be at least two years before we can judge him. His prem 2 record is good and he’s still just 18. Men’s football takes some getting used to, and the lower leagues will be like nothing he’s played in before.

I agree we need to find a way to keep them, but getting some young kids in our side and having them go on to top clubs would be better than those going to early failing, as that alone strangely supports taking money while your stocks high.

Oh of course, you  can't make any sort of informed judgement at the moment, especially at his age. There are signals to follow though and the fact he has gone out on loan at all might not bode well. I've read a few people who follow youth football suggest recently that if a player goes out on loan from a top club, it quite often means they are probably going so with an eye to their eventual sale. Whether that is a true assessment or not I can't be sure and Harvey Elliott at Liverpool (currently on loan at Blackburn) does show It isn't always the case. If you look at Man City's top academy players however, Foden, Harwood-Bellis, Doyle, Delap, Bernabe, Palmer and Felix Nemecha have all been involved in match day squads this year and none of them have had a single loan move in their careers. Compare that to Lucas Nmecha, City sent him on loan at 19 with his stock still quite high but his subsequent struggles suggest Man City knew there was something not quite clicking for him. At 22 he is out playing on loan in Belgium. It's an indicator, rather than a foregone conclusion.

As for how successful I want the likes of Sinclair, Dhanda, Smith, Rogers, Barry and Brown to be, in the main I still subscribe to the view that it is better for us if they flop after jumping too soon. If we can provide evidence that staying at the club provides a better route to pro football than going elsewhere does, then it will be easier to convince players in the future not to leave. Of course, we need to hold our end of the bargain up for that to work.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 04:39:38 PM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #915 on: January 24, 2021, 06:18:47 PM »
Oh of course, you  can't make any sort of informed judgement at the moment, especially at his age. There are signals to follow though and the fact he has gone out on loan at all might not bode well. I've read a few people who follow youth football suggest recently that if a player goes out on loan from a top club, it quite often means they are probably going so with an eye to their eventual sale. Whether that is a true assessment or not I can't be sure and Harvey Elliott at Liverpool (currently on loan at Blackburn) does show It isn't always the case. If you look at Man City's top academy players however, Foden, Harwood-Bellis, Doyle, Delap, Bernabe, Palmer and Felix Nemecha have all been involved in match day squads this year and none of them have had a single loan move in their careers. Compare that to Lucas Nmecha, City sent him on loan at 19 with his stock still quite high but his subsequent struggles suggest Man City knew there was something not quite clicking for him. At 22 he is out playing on loan in Belgium. It's an indicator, rather than a foregone conclusion.

As for how successful I want the likes of Sinclair, Dhanda, Smith, Rogers, Barry and Brown to be, in the main I still subscribe to the view that it is better for us if they flop after jumping too soon. If we can provide evidence that staying at the club provides a better route to pro football than going elsewhere does, then it will be easier to convince players in the future not to leave. Of course, we need to hold our end of the bargain up for that to work.

It is interesting if that’s the current perception on loans, but I can’t think of too many players we can claim City have bought through successfully yet besides Foden, so it’s yet to be seen how successful there chosen course of action is despite having swept up some of the best young talent for quite a few years now.  I’d be surprised if more of those city kids don’t go out too.

If you look at the last England squad, only Saka, Foden and Winks have come from the big 6 without getting time elsewhere. (TAA and Rashford would be others admittedly who must have missed the last squad) but they were all playing quite young for their own sides.

So maybe the mistake is not getting more football for these kids  at key stages in their development.

I agree completely we have to be able to offer the route to football, but. I’m not sure tonnes failing will necessarily stop the next one from turning down the big move. I could counter that argument if it was used on the next young pro quite easily I think. Rogers is the only one I want to succeed though.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #916 on: January 26, 2021, 09:48:58 PM »
Josh Griffiths with another clean sheet for Cheltenham and Alex Palmer with ANOTHER clean sheet for Lincoln.

Morgan Rogers scored for Lincoln.
Boing Boing

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #917 on: January 27, 2021, 12:20:21 AM »
Josh Griffiths with another clean sheet for Cheltenham and Alex Palmer with ANOTHER clean sheet for Lincoln.

Morgan Rogers scored for Lincoln.
Hoorah!!! The future looks bright...again..and again...and again....
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #918 on: January 31, 2021, 07:12:45 PM »
How's Leko doing at Blues?

Sorry brain freeze. left already ;D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 09:29:46 PM by halifax_baggie »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #919 on: January 31, 2021, 07:15:20 PM »
How's Leco doing at Blues?
Came on as sub yesterday (71mins)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #920 on: January 31, 2021, 07:23:49 PM »
He’s not on loan. He was sold for £1m, I believe

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #921 on: February 01, 2021, 02:41:41 PM »
I've heard a rumour that Owen Windsor has returned to the Albion from Newport County.
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #922 on: February 01, 2021, 07:53:08 PM »
I've heard a rumour that Owen Windsor has returned to the Albion from Newport County.
Assume that's injury related ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #923 on: February 01, 2021, 08:02:26 PM »
Assume that's injury related ?
South Wales Argus suggests its due to high number of strikers and few spare loan slots.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/19054048.owen-windsor-returns-west-bromwich-albion-newport/

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #924 on: February 01, 2021, 08:09:03 PM »
South Wales Argus suggests its due to high number of strikers and few spare loan slots.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/19054048.owen-windsor-returns-west-bromwich-albion-newport/
Cheers, this seems a bit weird if there's no injury. He only signed early Jan so say until the end of the season.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill