Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 263775 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #400 on: August 28, 2015, 03:45:16 PM »
Adil Nabi has joined Delhi Dynamoes on a 3 month loan.

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/wba-albion-adil-nabi-2653820.aspx

ADIL Nabi is off for the adventure – and opportunity - of a lifetime after agreeing to join Delhi Dynamos for the looming Indian Super League season.

The 21-year-old Albion striker has signed a three-month loan to take part in the second season of ISL action which will see Nabi playing against some of football’s biggest names in front of huge crowds.

The Dynamos will be coached this year by the Brazilian legend Roberto Carlos and have also recruited former internationals and Premier League stars John Arne Riise and Florent Malouda.

It adds another “first” to Albion’s long history of cultural breakthroughs as Nabi will become the first footballer contracted to a Premier League club to take up a loan to the ISL.

And it all added up to an opportunity too good to miss for Nabi - who joined the Baggies as an eight-year-old  - as he explained before joining Delhi’s pre-season tour of Sweden next week.

“I didn’t really have to think about it for too long,” he says. “The idea appealed to me the moment it was proposed. I spoke to my parents and to people at the club and everyone thought it was an exciting idea.

“I can’t wait. It is going to be an amazing experience. Some of the players who are now going to India are the biggest names in world football and working under a legend like Roberto Carlos is a chance not to be missed.

“I have spoken to the gaffer (Tony Pulis) and he agrees that it can be a great development opportunity for me. To go out, away from all my home comforts, and experience life and different football.

“I will be back at the end of the year when I hope I will have learned as a person and a footballer. My ambition is to still break into the Albion first team and this experience can help me do that.”

Head Coach Tony Pulis said: “It’s a great opportunity for Adil and we will follow his progress closely.

“I’m a big supporter of a young man stepping out of his comfort zone and experiencing another part of the world.

“I think he will come out of it a better, more mature person and as a result a better footballer.”

The ISL has established itself as one of the emerging “boom” leagues of world football and Nabi can expect to ply his trade in some huge stadia watched by attendances in excess of 60,000 at times.

In its debut season, the ISL drew an average of 26,505 attendances – a figure topped only by Germany’s Bundesliga, Spain’s La Liga and the Premier League.

The move strengthens Albion’s growing ties with Indian football which began with a series of grassroots initiatives two years ago and most recently saw the Club host an acclaimed reception on behalf of the Premier League for India’s top ISL top executives.

Adil will make his ISL debut on October 4 when Delhi open their campaign in Goa. The season runs until December 20.

Can't help but feel a bit cynical here that he will be used as a pawn in the clubs attempts to get more interest over there and he woudl be off going to a club here.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #401 on: August 28, 2015, 03:55:08 PM »
Adil Nabi has joined Delhi Dynamoes on a 3 month loan.

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/wba-albion-adil-nabi-2653820.aspx

ADIL Nabi is off for the adventure – and opportunity - of a lifetime after agreeing to join Delhi Dynamos for the looming Indian Super League season.

The 21-year-old Albion striker has signed a three-month loan to take part in the second season of ISL action which will see Nabi playing against some of football’s biggest names in front of huge crowds.

The Dynamos will be coached this year by the Brazilian legend Roberto Carlos and have also recruited former internationals and Premier League stars John Arne Riise and Florent Malouda.

It adds another “first” to Albion’s long history of cultural breakthroughs as Nabi will become the first footballer contracted to a Premier League club to take up a loan to the ISL.

And it all added up to an opportunity too good to miss for Nabi - who joined the Baggies as an eight-year-old  - as he explained before joining Delhi’s pre-season tour of Sweden next week.

“I didn’t really have to think about it for too long,” he says. “The idea appealed to me the moment it was proposed. I spoke to my parents and to people at the club and everyone thought it was an exciting idea.

“I can’t wait. It is going to be an amazing experience. Some of the players who are now going to India are the biggest names in world football and working under a legend like Roberto Carlos is a chance not to be missed.

“I have spoken to the gaffer (Tony Pulis) and he agrees that it can be a great development opportunity for me. To go out, away from all my home comforts, and experience life and different football.

“I will be back at the end of the year when I hope I will have learned as a person and a footballer. My ambition is to still break into the Albion first team and this experience can help me do that.”

Head Coach Tony Pulis said: “It’s a great opportunity for Adil and we will follow his progress closely.

“I’m a big supporter of a young man stepping out of his comfort zone and experiencing another part of the world.

“I think he will come out of it a better, more mature person and as a result a better footballer.”

The ISL has established itself as one of the emerging “boom” leagues of world football and Nabi can expect to ply his trade in some huge stadia watched by attendances in excess of 60,000 at times.

In its debut season, the ISL drew an average of 26,505 attendances – a figure topped only by Germany’s Bundesliga, Spain’s La Liga and the Premier League.

The move strengthens Albion’s growing ties with Indian football which began with a series of grassroots initiatives two years ago and most recently saw the Club host an acclaimed reception on behalf of the Premier League for India’s top ISL top executives.

Adil will make his ISL debut on October 4 when Delhi open their campaign in Goa. The season runs until December 20.

Can't help but feel a bit cynical here that he will be used as a pawn in the clubs attempts to get more interest over there and he woudl be off going to a club here.

Very strange move this is, like you say, seems like relationship building. I'm sure clubs here would have taken him
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #402 on: August 28, 2015, 04:01:22 PM »
Good luck to Adil! shame he didnt get a chance to show what he is capable of.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #403 on: August 28, 2015, 04:14:45 PM »
To think people still give Izzy Brown stick for leaving us. Our kids are given very little opportunity here. Berahino was very very lucky in that we had a shocker transfer wise that summer which meant he was given his chance. Fortunately he took it.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #404 on: August 28, 2015, 04:28:22 PM »
To think people still give Izzy Brown stick for leaving us. Our kids are given very little opportunity here. Berahino was very very lucky in that we had a shocker transfer wise that summer which meant he was given his chance. Fortunately he took it.

We're one of the worst clubs in the league for youth players. At least teams like Chelsea and Man City have the excuse of actually having talented players. Berahino only broke through because how monumentally useless the strikers we had at that time were, even bench opportunities are few and far between.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #405 on: August 28, 2015, 04:33:22 PM »
But Tony has a great record of developing and bringing through youngsters...
"This crack is really moreish."

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #406 on: August 28, 2015, 04:53:13 PM »
All the best Adil.
Hope you enjoy the experience in India.

Should be interesting to see how their supporters respond to a young British Muslim of Pakistani parentage rocking up on their door step.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #407 on: August 28, 2015, 05:10:00 PM »
Our academy is supposed to be the envy of the Premiership. ..yes for producing players for other teams....watched him play in loads of games...ideye and Anichebe are better than him ...yes right...

howard62baby

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #408 on: August 28, 2015, 05:25:56 PM »
Supposed to be knocking on the first team door( literally speaking ) now going to be half a world away , find this a bit bizarre ?
No body moves no body gets hurt put your hands on your head and your faces in the dirt al capone's guns don't argue !!!

Oldbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #409 on: August 28, 2015, 08:40:53 PM »
Can't understand why some are doubting this move as I am sure it will benefit him. Adil himself says it will take him out of his home comfort zone and that he will have to learn to cope without family around. Coupled with different coaching and playing before full houses I am sure he will mature both as a person and a footballer.

albionden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #410 on: August 28, 2015, 10:38:55 PM »
Hope he does well and gets game time ,  I thought he came across really well in his interview. I suggested to a Walsall fan mate on Wednesday, after he didn't get on the bench for the League Cup match , that he would be the next ex Albion player to end up at the Banks's

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #411 on: August 28, 2015, 11:11:53 PM »
Can't understand why some are doubting this move as I am sure it will benefit him. Adil himself says it will take him out of his home comfort zone and that he will have to learn to cope without family around. Coupled with different coaching and playing before full houses I am sure he will mature both as a person and a footballer.

But... the level of football. There is something bizarre about this move, it feels like a detour rather than something I would expect an up and coming player to embrace. Anyway I wish Adil the best of luck in India and with his career. 

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #412 on: September 06, 2015, 03:04:54 PM »
How has Adil Nabi been getting on so far ?

The 3 lads in Alex Palmer, Tahvon Campbell, Andre Wright at Kiddy haven't impressed at all yet. Campbell & Wright don't get played, they're stuck on the bench. Wright has a goal to his name though, in a 3-1 home defeat to Wrexham. Palmer was back up at the start of the season but has started the last few games which have been defeats.

They're 8 games in and are bottom of the Vanarama National League(conference), haven't won a game yet.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #413 on: September 06, 2015, 03:14:04 PM »
How has Adil Nabi been getting on so far ?

The 3 lads in Alex Palmer, Tahvon Campbell, Andre Wright at Kiddy haven't impressed at all yet. Campbell & Wright don't get played, they're stuck on the bench. Wright has a goal to his name though, in a 3-1 home defeat to Wrexham. Palmer was back up at the start of the season but has started the last few games which have been defeats.

They're 8 games in and are bottom of the Vanarama National League(conference), haven't won a game yet.

The league doesn't start until October, so Nabi will be doing pre-season for a month. No idea how he's got in in the 7 days he's been at the club, however.

He/him

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #414 on: September 06, 2015, 04:23:37 PM »
Supposed to be knocking on the first team door( literally speaking ) now going to be half a world away , find this a bit bizarre ?

Do you? With Pulis as our manager, the lad will never get a look in.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 09:27:11 PM by Signor_Maresca »
"This crack is really moreish."

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #415 on: September 06, 2015, 06:16:02 PM »
To think people still give Izzy Brown stick for leaving us. Ourkids are given very little opportunity here. Berahino was very very lucky in that we had a shocker transfer wise that summer which meant he was given his chance. Fortunately he took it.
Just not true , Berahino at that point was a Clarke project who sent him to Peterborough.
Clarke was a regular at London Road watching him during that spell , pretty clear he had every intention of involving him the first team and indeed refused Peterborough's attempt to take him on loan again at the start of the season.
The luck he got was Sinclair going off at Old Trafford , the rest is history.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #416 on: September 11, 2015, 11:37:14 PM »
Jack Fitzwarter to Chesterfield on an initial month loan.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #417 on: September 12, 2015, 10:54:23 AM »
Jack Fitzwater to Chesterfield on an initial month loan.

Confirmed by Chesterfield now, I know he'd been down there training this week

http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/article/spireites-sign-west-brom-teenager-on-loan-2682220.aspx

Fitzwater - who has been training with the Chesterfield squad this week - signs on a 28-day loan deal which will see him remain at the club until October 8.

Subject to clearance from the Football League, Fitzwater will be available for tomorrow's match with Colchester United.

Manager Dean Saunders gave further details on his latest addition: "He's played for the West Brom first team and he comes recommended to me by Tony Pulis.

"We are a bit short of defenders at the minute and he's a young player who might be able to come in and help us. he hasn't looked out of his depth in training so we'll make sure he's ready to play in League One."

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #418 on: September 12, 2015, 11:17:58 AM »
Decent move for a 17 year old, getting a move to one of the better League 1 sides.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #419 on: September 12, 2015, 05:12:22 PM »
Jack Fitzwarter to Chesterfield on an initial month loan.

Debut after 19mins after their defender got sent off.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #420 on: September 14, 2015, 09:18:05 PM »
highlights here, arguably Fitzwater (No.23)could've done more at all three conceded goals, but its all experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_T9-V-1ULs

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #421 on: November 05, 2015, 04:30:12 PM »
Andre Wright begins a 28-day youth loan at Torquay United.
The PRIDE of midlands

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #422 on: November 19, 2015, 02:14:38 PM »
Adil Nabi has just scored his first goal for Delhi.
Smethwick..

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #423 on: November 19, 2015, 03:33:32 PM »
Adil Nabi has just scored his first goal for Delhi.

They've won 3-1, other goal scorers Inc Jon Arne Riise and Adrian Mutu (so that's where he is!)

At least he now has 1 pro goal to his name, no matter what happens. Happy for the lad!
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #424 on: November 19, 2015, 11:58:27 PM »