Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 263774 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2012, 04:33:52 PM »
Chris Wood has scored again today for Millwall, they are winning one nil at Blackburn.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »
Scored 7 games in a row now...
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »
Scored 7 games in a row now...

Hope it becomes 8 on Wednesday at Molineux.  ;D

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2012, 06:06:46 PM »
Millwall will certianly want to sign him they have been on a great run since he has been at the club, lets hope they keep it going at Wolves on Tuesday night.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »
Well pleased for Chris Wood, always seems a nice bloke too and great that he cant stop scoring!

I still cant see him ever getting a proper chance at Albion (hope i am wrong) but i would be in no rush to sell him, he is young, getting goals and perhaps different to our other strikers (except maybe Fortune) in his style, hopefully one day he will get the chance!

Peterborough Owner was moaning about Peterborough being negative on Twitter  ealrier but he tweeted that the midfielder they signed from WBA was quality and had real class and skill and couldnt wait to see more of him! Assume he meant Thorne!

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2012, 06:49:05 PM »
Just seen the Wood goal for Millwall at Blackburn on skysports.......jesus christ what a belter !
He's a lad from the Wrenna

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2012, 07:09:24 PM »
At the end of this season we lose Lukaku and we'll probably let go of Fortune (I really do love the guy, but we're moving on).

Now Rosenberg has not, as yet set the world alight, so we'll have Pete and Long left who are proven goalscorers.

It's totally realistic that Wood and Saido will get there chance. In fact, if we qualify for Europe (the first time I've said this out loud  :o ) I would actually expect one of them to get pitch time in that season.

Wood is aiming at a 20 goal season and has already scored 9 this year at International level (granted, against porrer teams, but you can only score who you're put up against)

If Albion sell Wood at all, especially for less than £4mill I think it would be an act of madness!
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2012, 07:14:28 PM »
At the end of this season we lose Lukaku and we'll probably let go of Fortune (I really do love the guy, but we're moving on).

Now Rosenberg has not, as yet set the world alight, so we'll have Pete and Long left who are proven goalscorers.

It's totally realistic that Wood and Saido will get there chance. In fact, if we qualify for Europe (the first time I've said this out loud  :o ) I would actually expect one of them to get pitch time in that season.

Wood is aiming at a 20 goal season and has already scored 9 this year at International level (granted, against porrer teams, but you can only score who you're put up against)

If Albion sell Wood at all, especially for less than £4mill I think it would be an act of madness!

Were unable to make a real jugdement on Rosenburg. I can see Wood getting 20 goals this season he is playing really well. However I cant see a Championship club spending 4 million on him just yet.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #159 on: November 24, 2012, 08:15:11 PM »
Were unable to make a real jugdement on Rosenburg. I can see Wood getting 20 goals this season he is playing really well. However I cant see a Championship club spending 4 million on him just yet.

I don't want anyone to. I don't want Chris to leave, I'm just saying that is where the bidding should start (should the management wish to sell him)

I'd love Marcus to come good and this January will be the perfect chance for him.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2012, 08:23:01 PM »
Whoever wants rid of Wood is MAD......

Sorry maybe his general all round play isnt the best YET, but his goals speak for themselves and goalscorers are hard to find..

He is scoring regularly at a very good level of football, we should keep him without a doubt
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Mike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2012, 08:48:22 PM »
If his contract is up at the end of the season, we realy have messed up as i can't seem him signing a new contract. 

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2012, 09:13:41 PM »
If his contract is up at the end of the season, we realy have messed up as i can't seem him signing a new contract.

I suppose that depends on who leaves in the summer if anyone does leave. Come the end of the season we will have a pretty experainced Championship players with a decent goal scoring record considering he is only 20.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Albionwarrior

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #163 on: November 24, 2012, 09:18:29 PM »
Seems like Woods value is increasing by the week.

What length of contract is he on anyway? and would he fill a hole if Lukaku goes back to Chelsea?

Just a thought
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 11:26:46 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2012, 12:14:51 AM »
The club dont need to do anything yet...

There is a 1 year option in the clubs favour.. so they can take that up at anytime
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2012, 12:20:01 AM »
Seems like Woods value is increasing by the week.

What length of contract is he on anyway? and would he fill a hole if Lakuku goes back to Chelsea?

Just a thought

I believe Wood signed a 3 year contract in 2009, so it runs out this summer, but the club has an option for another year.

Since last season Wood has played 55 games in the Championship and scored 20 goals. Good numbers for a 20 year old.

Apparently the goal he scored today was a screamer. I think we would be mad to sell too soon and cheaply. Fletcher cost how many millions? Carroll? Connor Wickham?

Albionwarrior

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2012, 12:43:44 AM »
He may well get a chance in the new year ... But if not, I'm sure Albion will want Top Dollar for him if he goes .... I would have liked to have seen what he could do in the PL ..... But we can't play everybody obviously ... He may warrant a run if Lakuku gets recalled and when Odenwingie goes off for a month

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2012, 08:22:43 PM »
I believe Wood signed a 3 year contract in 2009, so it runs out this summer, but the club has an option for another year.

Since last season Wood has played 55 games in the Championship and scored 20 goals. Good numbers for a 20 year old.

Apparently the goal he scored today was a screamer. I think we would be mad to sell too soon and cheaply. Fletcher cost how many millions? Carroll? Connor Wickham?

At the end of the day they all want to play in the PL. If the club put a good contract on the table because they believe he has a future id be surprised if he didnt sign.

Just watched his goal on twitter for the lions yesterday. Check it out............what a snorter of a finish!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:06:53 PM by rubyruby »

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2012, 04:19:16 PM »
Millwall for the scutters tonight.
Good Luck Chris Wood  :P

Still cant get over his goal at the weekend..............what a belter! Would love him to produce another one for the Dingles....... :P

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2012, 04:32:51 PM »
Still cant get over his goal at the weekend..............what a belter! Would love him to produce another one for the Dingles....... :P

Kaboom! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-vfW4bMe4k

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2012, 08:36:37 PM »
A real belter, not as good as the one he scored against Doncaster.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2012, 10:59:03 PM »

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2012, 09:03:34 AM »
Wood set up the winner for Keogh when Millwall played Wolves last night. :)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2012, 09:08:37 AM »
Wood set up the winner for Keogh when Millwall played Wolves last night. :)

That's even better an Albion Lonee and ex Wolves player who got loaned quite a bit scoring the winner.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2012, 12:21:25 PM »
 Having lived in Leeds for 26 years I have a daughter who's a Leeds Utd fan and she's said Jerome Thomas has been head and shoulders above anything on the park in Leeds's last to games. I know he isn't match fit but I cant quite understand letting him go out on loan he's a much better option off the bench than the likes of Fortune.