Author Topic: James Shan  (Read 40304 times)

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: Shan appointed until end of season
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2019, 02:58:25 PM »
Underwhelming as per usual if it is Reid. Not very 'experienced' in coaching either.....still Brunt and Mozza will be happy which is all that matters.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2019, 02:59:35 PM »
Makes no difference to me whatsoever. If Jimmy thinks he will be a help, fine, if not - meh!

No news really.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2019, 03:11:50 PM »
I did always like Reid but went off him a little when he reacted terribly when Mel subbed him one one of the games

My thoughts too! But the boys made sure they made life difficult for him.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2019, 03:20:18 PM »
I can see the logic in Reid if it's him to assist Jimmy. Knows the club and a few of the current squad. Reid is a strong character and perhaps this is what Shan needs for the play offs.

Still if you'd said a month or so ago, we'd be sacking DM to replace him with Shan and Reid I'd have been a bit under-whelmed! Hopefully I'm wrong and they produce a mircale...............

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2019, 07:07:17 PM »
there was never any sense in appointing a new manager once JS had won first 3 games, a play off place virtually assured , what is not assured is a return to the premiership but I do not believe that a new manager would have made much difference either way in achieving that goal, because whichever teams we play JS in charge has as much chance as anybody else of seeing us over the line afterall it is the players who need to step up to the plate
but with all due respect to JS we need a new appointment early doors, who, will depend on which division we are playing in

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2019, 08:22:15 AM »
Could be good!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2019, 09:24:08 AM »
He's generally calm and thoughtful, I'm happy with this really under the circumstances, we don't want someone gobby coming and ruffling feathers, just get a positive build up going.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2019, 09:49:03 AM »
Think I read somewhere, in the last 24 hours, that Keith Downing's coming to join the team as well.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2019, 09:59:42 AM »
Think I read somewhere, in the last 24 hours, that Keith Downing's coming to join the team as well.

Isn’t he involved with one of the England youth teams?

I rated him, but because of his association with Wolves, many fans were unforgiving when the team underperformed. I still credit him in playing a major role in our survival during the Mel era.

I’d welcome him back, but can’t see it personally, mainly because of how well things are going for him in the England youth set up.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2019, 10:29:37 AM »

I rated him, but because of his association with Wolves, many fans were unforgiving when the team underperformed. I still credit him in playing a major role in our survival during the Mel era.

I’d welcome him back, but can’t see it personally, mainly because of how well things are going for him in the England youth set up.

Saw Downing's name mentioned a few times now, would make sense in regards to him coming in, knowing the club and not someone who would potentially be eyeing the job himself.

I think I am right in saying he's currently with the England under 19's?

Downing was a major reason we stayed up during Mel's stay, would be happy for him to come in and help for the rest of the season.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2019, 10:42:15 AM »

he’s with the U19’s England team but failed to make the Euros so he should have to time till the end of the season anyway.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2019, 10:43:53 AM »
So no one else remembers, 'Dingle Downing, get out of our club'?

Why on earth would he come back, why would we want him to?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2019, 11:09:25 AM »
All makes sense, any appointments need to be low profile assistance only, no big egos or anyone with any agenda other than supporting Shan. He needs to be the main man now and, much as it loathes me to say it, needs to keep the players happy, especially the old guard, as they could still prove critical to our final promotion push.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2019, 11:23:04 AM »
I actually thought Downing was very harshly treated. He's a good coach and was part of a team which took it upon themselves to work their b@lls off to keep us up when we had a big wobble. It's a shame we didn't have such a team last season after Pulis left. I'd welcome Downing back.

It makes sense if we're trying to rebuild a coaching staff who can remain in spite of head coaches coming and going - this worked well for a few years and if it worked then..........

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2019, 11:27:32 AM »
I remember it but wasn’t part of it

Why on earth would he come back,
Good question

why would we want him to?
Because he is a decent coach and we could use his experience right now

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2019, 11:43:19 AM »

That walk from the Stoke dug out to the tunnel must have been one of the longest he ever had to do.

Why on earth would he come back, why would we want him to?

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2019, 11:46:43 AM »
All makes sense, any appointments need to be low profile assistance only, no big egos or anyone with any agenda other than supporting Shan. He needs to be the main man now and, much as it loathes me to say it, needs to keep the players happy, especially the old guard, as they could still prove critical to our final promotion push.

Speaking of the old guard, I saw Chris Lepowski on twitter earlier mention something about the senior pros having too much say - followed by saying its not the names that people keep throwing about (i.e Morrison and Brunt).

Different topic, but it got me thinking who he could be on about.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2019, 12:26:16 PM »
I actually thought Downing was very harshly treated. He's a good coach and was part of a team which took it upon themselves to work their b@lls off to keep us up when we had a big wobble. It's a shame we didn't have such a team last season after Pulis left. I'd welcome Downing back.

It makes sense if we're trying to rebuild a coaching staff who can remain in spite of head coaches coming and going - this worked well for a few years and if it worked then..........
This , criminal that abuse was as he has done so much for us over the years .
Anybody who knows anything about him knows he's a die hard Blue nose too.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2019, 12:34:00 PM »
Speaking of the old guard, I saw Chris Lepowski on twitter earlier mention something about the senior pros having too much say - followed by saying its not the names that people keep throwing about (i.e Morrison and Brunt).

Different topic, but it got me thinking who he could be on about.

Purely speculative but Livermore, Barry, maybe Kanu. Dawson and Rodriguez don't seem bright enough tbh.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2019, 12:44:04 PM »
Nothing like the Albion to appoint an experienced coach to assist the unexperienced manager..

by appointing someone with even less coaching experience  :D

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2019, 01:37:46 PM »

Purely speculative but Livermore, Barry, maybe Kanu. Dawson and Rodriguez don't seem bright enough tbh.
Dawson is a bad egg, going on strike and refusing to wear any kit that had the badge on sums him up. Genuine question but does anyone know when he’s ending his strike 🤔

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2019, 03:01:30 PM »
Dawson is a bad egg, going on strike and refusing to wear any kit that had the badge on sums him up. Genuine question but does anyone know when he’s ending his strike 🤔
Dunno but I think Bartley  is showing great solidarity  :)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2019, 04:34:09 PM »

Can't see it being Rodriguez he comes across as a model pro to me.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2019, 04:49:15 PM »

Myhill, Barry, Brunt, Morrison & Dawson all need to go before any manager can completely control the dressing room and implement his ideas. Will it happen this summer I am not so sure.
Gera, Gera, Gera