Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 269772 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #1150 on: August 14, 2023, 12:25:23 PM »
After reading his books I think Fury struggles with being inbetween fights so is always trying to do something to keep active, when he does retire I think he will self destruct unless he finds something to get stuck in to.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1151 on: September 03, 2023, 11:03:52 PM »
Watched the Ewbanks v Smith fight last night
Was Smith unwell, or overtrained or just too old?
Cant believe he hardly threw a punch at Ewbank, he made Ewbank look like a worldbeater, which hes  ot of coursd
Very dissapointed with Smith who stopped Ewbank in 4.last time, what happened, drugs or something catastrophic
Hes 35 now, its over

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1152 on: September 03, 2023, 11:07:52 PM »
It's Eubank. Not like his dad wasn't also famous and pretty good at boxing...

He/him

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1153 on: September 04, 2023, 02:55:53 AM »
Watched the Ewbanks v Smith fight last night
Was Smith unwell, or overtrained or just too old?
Cant believe he hardly threw a punch at Ewbank, he made Ewbank look like a worldbeater, which hes  ot of coursd
Very dissapointed with Smith who stopped Ewbank in 4.last time, what happened, drugs or something catastrophic
Hes 35 now, its over

I don't know what it was but I've never seen such a one sided re-match where the previous Victor is beaten.

Eubank is a decent boxer but he's not outstanding. Smith was absolutely shocking. Barely threw a punch all night, no head movement or body movement except when pinned on the ropes, no leg movement, no jab, no ducking and diving to get inside, no changing of angles, absolutely nothing.

I've never been a huge fan of Smith, never thought he was that good but he his clearly better than he showed Saturday night.

Maybe something will come to light as time goes on?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1154 on: September 04, 2023, 12:29:41 PM »
Nowhere near an expert in boxing but surely having to loose 3 and half stone would have affected Smith massively.

Time to keep the fights between similar weight fighters as it once was and not all about money.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1155 on: September 04, 2023, 12:45:49 PM »
Has anyone seen the Ricky Hatton documentary on Netflix? A great watch, very sad how it turned out for him
MAGA!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1156 on: September 04, 2023, 12:58:59 PM »
Looks like Eubank Jr may need a new trainer -

https://www.sportbible.com/boxing/boxing-news/chris-eubank-jr-liam-smith-brian-mcintyre-718900-20230904

Chris Eubank Jr's trainer was arrested by armed police at Manchester Airport after security officials found a gun in his suitcase.

According to The Daily Mail, Brian McIntyre was detained at Manchester Airport on Sunday morning.

The alarm was raised when a scan of the baggage allegedly showed the weapon.

Armed police officers descended on the departure lounge at Terminal 2 and arrested the trainer known as 'Bomac'.

He was arrested for suspected possession of a firearm as he was due to fly to Atlanta.

A spokesperson for the Greater Manchester Police said: "At around 10:45 am on Sunday 3 September 2023, officers were called to reports of a possible firearm being found in hold luggage by airport staff at Manchester Airport.

"After initial inspection by security staff, GMP officers attended, and the firearm was seized.

"Subsequently, a man has been arrested for possession of a firearm and remains in custody for further questioning."

The arrest comes after the 53-year-old oversaw Eubank Jr's complete domination of Liam Smith as he earned a 10th round stoppage in their rematch.

The 33-year-old suffered a crushing fourth round defeat to Smith in January. But he exacted revenge last Saturday as he produced a career-best performance to register the 33rd victory of his professional career.

McIntyre is one of the best coaches in the sport and is the main trainer to undisputed welterweight champion Terence Crawford, who recently beat Errol Spence in their showdown earlier this summer.

He also trained Amir Khan for his fight against Kell Brook last year.

SPORTbible has reached out to Eubank Jr's team for comment.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1157 on: October 15, 2023, 11:01:05 AM »
Did anyone see that rubbish last night? Seen better fights in my local….

Disgraceful
MAGA!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1158 on: October 15, 2023, 12:06:51 PM »

Disgraceful

No.

I like boxing as much as the next person but there's no way I was ever going to watch that pantomime.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 01:28:11 PM by Atomic »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1159 on: October 15, 2023, 01:23:16 PM »

Disgraceful

Nope, not a chance.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1160 on: October 15, 2023, 03:25:29 PM »
No way José

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1161 on: October 15, 2023, 03:35:00 PM »
I Wouldn’t have paid a penny
The £25 to watch Spence v Crawford seems like a bargain compared to that rubbish on offer last night.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1162 on: October 15, 2023, 05:09:37 PM »
I Wouldn’t have paid a penny
The £25 to watch Spence v Crawford seems like a bargain compared to that rubbish on offer last night.

I did not pay, I was curious, and my curiosity was very quickly satisfied after a couple of minutes, I just cannot believe there are so many idiots prepared to pay good money to see that masquerade. As bad as WWE any day of the week, just surprised Tommy Fury is involved in it to be honest (I assume he is on a good wedge to participate mind😉)
MAGA!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1163 on: December 24, 2023, 08:50:51 AM »
Joseph Parker boxed well to beat Wilder last night, kept on the inside to avoid the party trick. Also AJ looked very sharp and focused against a useful opponent. Enjoyed watching it for free but I do have a problem with SA holdin these fights, but money talks sadly.
MAGA!