Author Topic: 1 Apr 2024 Albion 2 Watford 2  (Read 6175 times)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #200 on: April 01, 2024, 10:06:30 PM »
Who is this Adam Reach Fella? Best I think I have seen him play in an Albion shirt (I would still have him as part of the cull come summer) but can't fault him today.

Grady changed the game when he came on. Furlong with a sweet strike feels like a win sometimes coming back from a few down especially right at the death.

Looking like we will be playing the saints as it stands...
O Albion we love you

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #201 on: April 01, 2024, 10:18:38 PM »
Just watched the highlights a couple of times, looks to me like BTA's shot flicked the defenders arm and could have flown over otherwise?
Watching in real time, it was a thing of beauty.  ;D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #202 on: April 01, 2024, 10:20:35 PM »
Adam Reach is getting universal praise for an excellent performance and i had to go back to work so missed it :(

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #203 on: April 01, 2024, 10:22:59 PM »
Just a thought, i couldnt make the game today, if Cedric had played would they have scored?
You’ll need access to a parallel universe. :D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: April 01, 2024, 10:40:32 PM »
Just a thought, i couldnt make the game today, if Cedric had played would they have scored?

He was certainly missed. Ajayi is not nearly as good as Cedric.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2024, 06:17:12 AM »
I was getting quite peeved by their endless theatrics, diving, surrounding the ref and all round shithousery.
Cost 'em in the end as the ref went quite anti them and even made their best actor stand on the line for 30 seconds despite no medics coming on
Think we are rapidly using up all our 'get out of jail free' cards with recent first half performances though
COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2024, 07:54:24 AM »
Thought the officials were generally weak, often gave the wrong decisions and lacked any kind of genuine authority. Made a tough game harder.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #207 on: April 02, 2024, 08:10:49 AM »
Another difficult watch, but so glad the team never gave up.

The term "bad day at the office" was suitable to describe that performance with a few of our players " not at it", then again we have players who are not consistent enough in their performance. I thought we struggled with Watfords energy, where their players had a faster pace than ours.

It's been mentioned about strange results happening towards the end of the season and that showed yesterday, so not too much damage done.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2024, 08:43:43 AM »
Only saw it upto HT which wasn't great. Had to go back to work for 2nd half.

Sounds like another poor performance but at least the resilience was there to come back from 2-0 down.

M'Vila was good when he came on then i think i saw someone say??

Reads to me like you need to spend more time at work and less time watching the Albion.

Time to show some resilience of your own by taking one for the team Gaz' ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2024, 08:55:35 AM »
Reads to me like you need to spend more time at work and less time watching the Albion.

Time to show some resilience of your own by taking one for the team Gaz' ;D .

I think the last 3/4 games that we have played i've only managed to watch 1 half due to being on lunch at work and they have all been terrible. I think you are onto something Dan,  we may benefit from me not watching games

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2024, 09:49:30 AM »
Was surprised how flat the atmosphere was right from the start. With Norwich just having lost I thought the place would be bouncing , far from it sadly. It was more a case of everybody sitting back and waiting for the slaughter of the innocents !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2024, 10:58:11 AM »
Hey Hull, its the radio i specifically want but thanks for the info
If you actually  live in Hull, do you know of an area called Gypsyville?

Yeah I know Gipseyville, not the nicest of areas. It's on the "wrong" side of the City (West).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 11:02:12 AM by Hull Baggie »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2024, 07:21:59 PM »
Watford have got 4 points from there last two as many as Val got in his last 8

No surprise really. He's diabolical

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2024, 08:40:48 PM »
Was surprised how flat the atmosphere was right from the start. With Norwich just having lost I thought the place would be bouncing , far from it sadly. It was more a case of everybody sitting back and waiting for the slaughter of the innocents !

Which in this league is rarely going to happen. Rotherham will probably give us a game next week.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #214 on: April 03, 2024, 08:56:36 AM »

the pulis effect still lingers then, its what killed it for me. just a happy armchair supporter now. i wouldn't even be gutted if i couldn't get a play off final ticket but i would imagine everyone who wanted to go would get one anyway. all this after passionately following home and away, pre seasons everywhere for 40 years, 20 of them from down here in devon
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 08:58:22 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #215 on: April 03, 2024, 10:56:36 AM »
I thought that Watford have some very good players that have been held back by the club's employment of a manager with a single unwavering tactic owing much to the kick and rush era.
If I were a talent scout I would have jotted Asprilla (18?) in my AI driven personal mind-chip.  For several seasons Watford seem to love to barge or push into opposition players' backs.  Fortunately this is one referee who doesn't allow this version of the beautiful game.

So I think that we did very well to come back and earn a point from 2 down.  Both good hard drives across Bachman's dive to the left.  (Another point for the mind-chip.)
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes