Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 851390 times)

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1525 on: September 23, 2018, 09:55:30 AM »
Well I'm happy the way big Dave is shaping up, does anyone know if he supported the Albion before he played for us? I always thought he followed the massive team that won the European cup.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1526 on: September 23, 2018, 01:39:02 PM »
Still a lot of work to do to improve the quality of the play. Our pass completion rate in the opposition half yesterday was barely above 50%. The fixtures are a lot tougher in October and November. We have good a good platform to build on. The run up to Xmas is going to be crucial. Question marks still over midfield and standard of the defending. Clinical play from Gayle has bailed the team and management out so far IMV. Preston next week, is a big opportunity to break into the top two and make a statement.

baggieboy79

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1527 on: September 23, 2018, 02:42:03 PM »
Well I'm happy the way big Dave is shaping up, does anyone know if he supported the Albion before he played for us? I always thought he followed the massive team that won the European cup.

He grew up in Handsworth and I do remember reading somewhere that he was a vile supporter.  He has obviously seen the light over the years though and now knows which side his bread is buttered  :D

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1528 on: September 23, 2018, 03:00:25 PM »
He grew up in Handsworth and I do remember reading somewhere that he was a vile supporter.  He has obviously seen the light over the years though and now knows which side his bread is buttered  :D
I went to school with a girl who lived next door to Darren when he was growing up. It was through that connection I heard he was a Vile fan.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1529 on: September 23, 2018, 04:20:06 PM »
Oh well we all a bit daft when young

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1530 on: September 25, 2018, 10:15:58 PM »
Moore's subs once again proving quite ineffective.

In a game where we have struggled to cause them any problems up front, he changed a dm for a dm, a rwb for a rwb and a cb for a cb.

Unless he did it on purpose, which is disrespectful to those who paif money, that just showed how poor this side of his management is.

He seems to be a good motivator and he is trying to play attacking football which is great, but the tactical side of his management is really lacking.
Boing Boing

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1531 on: September 25, 2018, 10:22:15 PM »
Moore's subs once again proving quite ineffective.

In a game where we have struggled to cause them any problems up front, he changed a dm for a dm, a rwb for a rwb and a cb for a cb.

Unless he did it on purpose, which is disrespectful to those who paif money, that just showed how poor this side of his management is.

He seems to be a good motivator and he is trying to play attacking football which is great, but the tactical side of his management is really lacking.

They weren't intended to be effective he was resting the players who may be needed Saturday.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1532 on: September 25, 2018, 10:27:16 PM »

They weren't intended to be effective he was resting the players who may be needed Saturday.
resting player's is no excuse if he'd use more of squad in league games then everyone should be fresh and it's only September.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1533 on: September 25, 2018, 10:28:44 PM »
resting player's is no excuse if he'd use more of squad in league games then everyone should be fresh and it's only September.

More of the squad clearly isn't good enough. That was shown tonight.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1534 on: September 25, 2018, 10:50:32 PM »

Burke and Leko won't be used this weekend, and probably won't be used more than once or twice until January, so we could have brought them on to inject pace in to the team. What he instead chose ti do made zero sense.
Boing Boing

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1535 on: September 25, 2018, 10:54:06 PM »
Burke and Leko won't be used this weekend, and probably won't be used more than once or twice until January, so we could have brought them on to inject pace in to the team. What he instead chose ti do made zero sense.

Spot on. We we're crying out for some pace to run in behind Palace. What is the point of Burke and Leko have a contract with us if they can't get in the 16 tonight? Why is DM playing Field at the back? Head scratching decisions. The squad is big enough to rest the key players and to have go with some of the youth in the league cup. Filled the team with Barry, Wes & Morrison, all decent but all slow and ageing, ditto Brunt when he came on. Needed Burke / Leko to stretch the opposition. Got the balance wrong tonight DM. Might have lost anyway but at least we'd have had a go at Palace. Barely laid a glove on them.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1536 on: September 25, 2018, 10:54:53 PM »

This.

Palace's defenders could've brought deck chairs with them tonight. Zero threat.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1537 on: September 25, 2018, 11:16:39 PM »

If I was either burke or leko sat watching the like of Robson Kanu , and Darren’s mate Mears I would be asking myself if there is any hope for me here and the truth is there isn’t .

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1538 on: September 25, 2018, 11:50:16 PM »
DM bottled it tonight. Poor tactics and useless subs. His interviews actually make me cringe at times.

Realistically, we should be aiming for promotion this season. If we fail to get it, I think some fans will start turning.

I appreciate we're a club in transition and he's come out saying he wants us to play exciting football, but aside from stuffing a toothless QPR, have we been exciting to watch? Not really. We've made hard work of the previous cup games, and we've struggled to make our possession count in games (as in, making key passes - not sitting with it at the back).

It's ok beating bottom teams, but we come up against a bit of class and we have struggled.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1539 on: September 25, 2018, 11:58:32 PM »

that's a bizzare excuse and one you can't really believe surely. to say the subs weren't intended to be effective! if the sole purpose was to rest the players needed Saturday why play them in the first place. he could have selected a midfield without Brunt or Barry .
he could have rested players and picked a team with more threat than he did.
he's the head coach and he's doing a decent job so it's his call, he's got a lot right but tonight I feel he got a lot wrong.
the league is our priority so not that fussed we've gone out just the manner we exited.

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1540 on: September 26, 2018, 12:16:46 AM »

Surprised more people haven’t clocked this to be honest, seemed pretty obvious that they were pre meditated changes that we were always going to make regardless. Taking off Hegazi and Mears as they will be needed Saturday (the latter assuming Phillips is out) and saving Barry a late run around as he’ll no doubt start one or two of our up coming league games.

It’s a bit of an usual thing to do and it’s clear that we needed another forward on to help us stretch them a bit if we were at all serious about making a comeback, but I don’t think we were all that fussed in reality. Think we saw this game as a free hit, a run out for back up players but mostly as a huge inconvenience.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1541 on: September 26, 2018, 07:11:10 AM »
People cry for youth and wanted Harper in the side. He proved last night he isn't good enough for champ/prem yet 

Just because we have youth doesn't mean we have to play then nor are they good enough

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1542 on: September 26, 2018, 07:24:16 AM »
People cry for youth and wanted Harper in the side. He proved last night he isn't good enough for champ/prem yet 

Just because we have youth doesn't mean we have to play then nor are they good enough

I was about to say just this.
Fans have been saying why haven't the likes of Harper, Field and Edwards been playing on Saturdays, the answer was there for all to see last night.
The training staff see them day in day out so they get the full picture.
The kids looked good against the likes of Luton and Mansfield but I think last night that the Championship is a step up that they are not ready to take.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1543 on: September 26, 2018, 08:21:37 AM »

Unbelievable mate isn't it  ???

Players played last night that everyone cries out to given chances, they had that last night and proved that they aren't good enough yet.

I have come to the conclusion that whatever happens people want to moan, I normally love the cups as over the last 8 years its the only chance of what I would call 'success'. Now we are actually playing for promotion and to achieve something I'm happy to give the league cup the boot for a year especially with the amount of matches we have in small space of time

Only thing is I wish they would have told us they were going to basically throw it before spent money on the ticket

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1544 on: September 26, 2018, 08:33:41 AM »

so the kids come in for 1 game and we dismiss them after 1 game, we wouldn't do that for senior players, any reasonable fan would accept that a player needs a run of games to show his worth (or not) why are our kids not extended the same "run" before being judged ?
It may well be they are not "good enough" but to judge on 1 performance is harsh in the extreme
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1545 on: September 26, 2018, 08:39:33 AM »
Can we really judge players that much on last night though? They were playing in a completely changed side, with a very disjointed set up, that provided no chance of challenging  on the break due to the lack of pace in the front 3 (Hoolahan and Morrison tried but it isn't their natural game and HRK is not good enough, something we all know and illustrated by Wales dropping him despite their lack of options).

Sam Field played centre half. Would you judge Ahmed Hegazi if played in central midfield? Kyle Edwards came on for the last 20 and like Mears before him, got pegged back due to us sitting deep so was effectivly pkaying as a right back at times - the kids best position is a striker or a wide forward.

Harper was not too bad last night. Nothing incredible, but no worse than Barry. Had we set up with genuine wide or forward options, we could have opened up the pitch and see more of what the midfield could do. Instead we played a formation which was over run. The wing backs became full backs as they could not get forward, which left our attacking play being 2 central midfielders, 2 attacking central midfielders and a slow cenrral striker. It was a narrow block that was doomed to fail from the start, as I said in the pre match chat.

I think itnis hugely unfair to judge players on last night. Moore needs to put them into a line up with a realistic chance before we judge individuals too heavily.
Boing Boing

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1546 on: September 26, 2018, 08:52:51 AM »
Can we really judge players that much on last night though? They were playing in a completely changed side, with a very disjointed set up, that provided no chance of challenging  on the break due to the lack of pace in the front 3 (Hoolahan and Morrison tried but it isn't their natural game and HRK is not good enough, something we all know and illustrated by Wales dropping him despite their lack of options).

Sam Field played centre half. Would you judge Ahmed Hegazi if played in central midfield? Kyle Edwards came on for the last 20 and like Mears before him, got pegged back due to us sitting deep so was effectivly pkaying as a right back at times - the kids best position is a striker or a wide forward.

Harper was not too bad last night. Nothing incredible, but no worse than Barry. Had we set up with genuine wide or forward options, we could have opened up the pitch and see more of what the midfield could do. Instead we played a formation which was over run. The wing backs became full backs as they could not get forward, which left our attacking play being 2 central midfielders, 2 attacking central midfielders and a slow cenrral striker. It was a narrow block that was doomed to fail from the start, as I said in the pre match chat.

I think itnis hugely unfair to judge players on last night. Moore needs to put them into a line up with a realistic chance before we judge individuals too heavily.

Personally I'm not judging them on last nights performance but the coaches see these players day in day out and THEY deem them not good enough to get a starting place in the League games.
I think some of them would benefit from being loaned out to lower league clubs so that they can get regular game time to aid their development
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1547 on: September 26, 2018, 09:06:58 AM »
And some people were critical when we didn't start them in the Prem.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1548 on: September 26, 2018, 09:16:28 AM »
DM bottled it tonight. Poor tactics and useless subs. His interviews actually make me cringe at times.

Realistically, we should be aiming for promotion this season. If we fail to get it, I think some fans will start turning.

I appreciate we're a club in transition and he's come out saying he wants us to play exciting football, but aside from stuffing a toothless QPR, have we been exciting to watch? Not really. We've made hard work of the previous cup games, and we've struggled to make our possession count in games (as in, making key passes - not sitting with it at the back).

It's ok beating bottom teams, but we come up against a bit of class and we have struggled.

Then those fans that start turning need a reality check.

PLENTY of teams have proved it's not easy to drop down to the championship then bounce straight back up the next season.

We have an inexperienced manager, with a new assistant trying to play a new style of football with some players that idiots signed who no one else would want and a couple of his own players... mix with that the likes of brunt, morrison, myhill who are clearly not performing to a great level.

This whole 'transition' period doesnt take one season and for people to expect Moore to work miracles then they need to sit back and think first.

Last night he rested our better players for an important game Saturday and gave the second string a chance to prove themselves..... regardless they should be capable of playing football and make effort... which they failed to do last night.

He will make more mistakes I'm sure of that, but for people to moan in September when we are sitting comfortable in the table and being top goalscorers in English football is embarrassing.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1549 on: September 26, 2018, 09:44:24 AM »
Then those fans that start turning need a reality check.

PLENTY of teams have proved it's not easy to drop down to the championship then bounce straight back up the next season.

We have an inexperienced manager, with a new assistant trying to play a new style of football with some players that idiots signed who no one else would want and a couple of his own players... mix with that the likes of brunt, morrison, myhill who are clearly not performing to a great level.

This whole 'transition' period doesnt take one season and for people to expect Moore to work miracles then they need to sit back and think first.

Last night he rested our better players for an important game Saturday and gave the second string a chance to prove themselves..... regardless they should be capable of playing football and make effort... which they failed to do last night.

He will make more mistakes I'm sure of that, but for people to moan in September when we are sitting comfortable in the table and being top goalscorers in English football is embarrassing.

Effort? Players did make effort last night. Of all the thibgs we can throw at the., noy trying wasn't one last night.
Boing Boing