Author Topic: Nathan Ferguson Joins Crystal Palace  (Read 202330 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Nathan Ferguson
« Reply #350 on: January 12, 2020, 03:33:23 PM »
He's happy to stay till the end of season and go for his big European move so I expect he will be back in the team when he's fit.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #351 on: January 14, 2020, 03:32:57 PM »
DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER !!!

Taken from Facebook (I know !!) and someone who claims to know his cousin, I have no knowledge whether its true or not but posting anyhow!!! Not word for word but a basic summary.

"He is not injured, wasn't injured when he was taken off and was fuming about being taken off, also sent photos to show he wasn't injured. As it stands not re-entering talks and seems he's being sidelined until its sorted"

Also Joe Masih on the podcast for the E&S says they cannot get him or his advisors round the table for talks.

AGAIN, NO IDEA IF GENUINE OR NOT !!!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #352 on: January 14, 2020, 03:34:10 PM »
As someone in a position of power, I am obligated to believe every word you say so it must be true  ;D

Start the lynch mob...

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #353 on: January 14, 2020, 04:08:41 PM »
DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER !!!

Taken from Facebook (I know !!) and someone who claims to know his cousin, I have no knowledge whether its true or not but posting anyhow!!! Not word for word but a basic summary.

"He is not injured, wasn't injured when he was taken off and was fuming about being taken off, also sent photos to show he wasn't injured. As it stands not re-entering talks and seems he's being sidelined until its sorted"

Also Joe Masih on the podcast for the E&S says they cannot get him or his advisors round the table for talks.

AGAIN, NO IDEA IF GENUINE OR NOT !!!

I thought as much myself a few weeks ago. At Barnsley I said we wouldn't see him in an Albion shirt again and questioned his apparent injury. It only takes one bad egg for the rot to spread throughout the rest of them. Could this be the case for what we are experiencing performance wise now? Regardless of his potential (and that is all it is), we are best off getting shot of him immediately. We can't allow it to run and run and risk the dressing room becoming divided which without a shadow of doubt is what will happen, if it hasn't already.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #354 on: January 14, 2020, 05:42:44 PM »
We heard the same regarding Harper tbf and he ended up signing one

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #355 on: January 14, 2020, 05:45:58 PM »
We heard the same regarding Harper tbf and he ended up signing one

Personally hope this ends the same way
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #356 on: January 14, 2020, 06:09:51 PM »
Someone on Twitter said they spoke to NF after Swansea game and told him he hopes a deal can be reached.

According to local journos they can't get NF or his agents to tespond which sounds like agents in his ear promising him the world if he goes elsewhere

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #357 on: January 14, 2020, 06:35:54 PM »
Personally hope this ends the same way

I wouldn't be surprised if it did

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #358 on: January 14, 2020, 07:55:08 PM »
If it’s true that he is happy to run his contract down and walk away to a European club in the summer the club shouldn’t be investing any more time and development into him, it’s all hearsay as it stands but any player with no intention of sticking around should be away from the squad, we are in a fortunate position that we have adequate cover in Furlong and arguably O’Shea.

The club need to shoulder some blame that it’s reached this point allowing his contract to get to this point, however the previous management regimes clearly didn’t see the potential Bilic has.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #359 on: January 14, 2020, 07:58:35 PM »
Saw this on Twitter, not sure if the poster ITK

“See I hear differently from what I’ve gathered Nathan is caught in the middle of his reps and the club Nathan would happily stay his reps are pushing for a move abroad (due to better payout for agent) and the club are trying to get them in to talk but they just refuse to

Adding to that the fact at how humble Nathan is he’s not wanting to upset anyone so to put it into context it’s like a child watching his parents argue“

Let’s hope he can assert himself to get what he wants, if the above is accurate
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #360 on: January 14, 2020, 08:01:59 PM »
Through a colleague who is close to the family, they say you couldn't wish for a more down to earth and grounded family and lad.

The family are very close and from what I am told, I would be stunned if he goes abroad, away from the family.

Maybe the agent is sh** stirring, but what I hear supports the thought that Nathan is a good lad and I believe he is genuinely injured.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #361 on: January 14, 2020, 08:08:21 PM »
Yes i believe he is really injured. Thats why they released a photo of him last week saying back in training to make the point he's due back soon.

lindenbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #362 on: January 14, 2020, 08:35:42 PM »
Perhaps he should be looking for another agent who's not after a big commission.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #363 on: January 14, 2020, 08:40:15 PM »
Sounds like there's two different extremes to this story, and somewhere in the middle is the truth
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #364 on: January 14, 2020, 08:44:00 PM »
Some kind of rule has to come to protect these young players from these Fagin type agents.

Maybe upto a certain age they are represented by the pfa.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #365 on: January 14, 2020, 08:51:59 PM »
Mods posting stuff from Facebook complete with disclaimers and the rest of us aren't allowed to swear. Double standards shock!?! Joking aside (and that's all it was - winky) let's just see how things pan out. Personally I'd love to see Nathan stay. Equally while I  understand enticement I'm not entirely sure how an employee (agent) can force his hand regarding his signature. Never mind, we'll see what we see.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #366 on: January 14, 2020, 08:53:14 PM »
Ferguson has to take responsibility for his own actions. His agents can only operate on his instructions. The player gets to choose to sign the deal offered or to walk away. To date he's refused to sign, despite being offered a reported £25k a week, a promotion pay increase and a buy out clause for a team in the champions league! Total disrespect shown to the club by him IMV.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #367 on: January 14, 2020, 09:01:58 PM »
Ferguson has to take responsibility for his own actions. His agents can only operate on his instructions. The player gets to choose to sign the deal offered or to walk away. To date he's refused to sign, despite being offered a reported £25k a week, a promotion pay increase and a buy out clause for a team in the champions league! Total disrespect shown to the club by him IMV.

He's being advised not to sign. He's paying an agent. What's the point in paying an agent if your not going to listen to him?
The agent is trying to get the maximum amount he can for Ferguson (and himself).
If you were in Ferguson's position you would do exactly the same. Maximise your asset.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #368 on: January 14, 2020, 09:09:51 PM »
He's being advised not to sign. He's paying an agent. What's the point in paying an agent if your not going to listen to him?
The agent is trying to get the maximum amount he can for Ferguson (and himself).
If you were in Ferguson's position you would do exactly the same. Maximise your asset.
His agent is thinking about the Shekels for himself and not NF

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #369 on: January 14, 2020, 09:12:46 PM »
His agent is thinking about the Shekels for himself and not NF

He's thinking about both but 'may' have more interest in his own.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #370 on: January 14, 2020, 11:30:28 PM »
Should probably point out at this stage that he had a great pre season and we started the season with him as our first choice right back, but we hadn’t got him tied down to a contract at that stage despite us only having 1 year left and losing Barry and Rodgers last summer and nearly losing Harper as well.

I mean if it was me, i’d learn my lessons a bit quicker but........

I think that the likes of O’Shea/Ferguson probably should be offered longer deals earlier, and take the hit if they don’t come through. Their wages are relatively low after all.
Boing Boing

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #371 on: January 14, 2020, 11:48:31 PM »

Nathan employs the agent to get him the deal that he wants.  If the agent refuses to help him achieve that, then he needs to fire his agent.  It’s just like hiring a lawyer who is there to advise you.  You are not obliged to follow that advice.  You can fire the lawyer and hire a new one.

My worry is that Nathan and his family may have taken an “advance” from the agent, in return for which he is tied into the agent and cannot escape them without a huge financial penalty. 

There is nothing to stop another club (like Palace for example) making a bid for him now.  There is also nothing to stop him from coming to his senses and signing a new contract with us AFTER the transfer window has closed. The only thing that we need to fear is if he signs a pre-contract now with a foreign club, because the risk is that he could be going through the motions for the rest of the season.   If he doesn’t sign a pre-contract then he should play the rest of the season for us with no distractions.   Bear in mind that we can offer him a new contract at any time between now and June, and if promotion looks more certain then he would be more inclined to sign it.

Freezing him out now because he refuses to sign a new contract now works against us. It virtually guarantees that he’ll walk away in June for peanuts. Only if he signs a ore-contract with another club should he be frozen out.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #372 on: January 15, 2020, 01:19:46 AM »
Freezing him out would be cutting off our noses to spite our face.

When he's fit, he plays as far as I'm concerned.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #373 on: January 15, 2020, 03:26:12 AM »
Freezing him out would be cutting off our noses to spite our face.

When he's fit, he plays as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. If we complete promotion I would imagine that will help in contract talks.
I can't be upset that he is looking elsewhere , its not like Albion have been thinking ahead with academy players in the last few years.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #374 on: January 15, 2020, 05:45:08 AM »
Until he signs I don’t want him anywhere near the match day squad. His choice at the end of the day.