Author Topic: Another Man U special from the Man U supporters club  (Read 14224 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Another Man U special from the Man U supporters club
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 03:11:15 PM »
No excuse for Clattenburg not to send him off and if FA rules prevent any action after the game then those rules need changing.

Pathetic and yet more evidence of bias towards the big boys from both referees and FA.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 03:11:51 PM »
I think we all know that the disciplinary procedures are a joke when it comes to offenses like this, it was pretty much assault that would have lead to him getting some kind of criminal record if it was done on the street yet the referee thinks he dealt with it correctly by putting an arm around him. Surely in that situation the people that deal with these disciplinary issues can overrule the referee and if they deem him badly at fault as Clattenburg undoubtedly is in this case then they should be able to punish him accordingly too.

The more I think about it the more disgusted I am that he's got away with it, the only person to come away with any credit is the young lad that took the elbow. It begs the question as to whether Clattenburg would have dealt with it differently had he gone down and rolled around for a bit, cheats prosper it seems.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 04:04:25 PM »
Its a good job Rooney didn't catch the lad properly, remember Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes?

Unbelievable that the Premier League/the FA have let him get away with this, Clattenburg wants dropping for the rest of the season. How in anyway does giving Rooney a bit of a cuddle equate to dealing with the situation? I bet both Wigan fans are absolutely furious.

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »
This just blatenly proves that the big 4 run the league. Disgrace, if that was one of ours you'd get a fine and 4 match ban.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 08:28:59 AM »
This decision has and will ruffle more feathers.Discusting, anybody who supports it needs to look at themselves.Clatenburg needs to be dropped and the rules need to be changed
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 08:57:39 AM »
Not that I support this decision in any way, but I think there are two key points:

1) According to Clattenburg's match report, he said he saw the incident and didn't feel it worthy of any other action other than a free-kick

2) The Fifa rules mean the FA can't take action if the referee saw the incident and made a decision.

Basically, the rules are broken, and the ref is a prat.

He/him

boot2006

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 10:01:16 AM »
I heard Whelan on the radio who is really p****d off about it, claiming bias and cheeting.  To be fair he is completely right.

If Clattenberg admits it was a mistake then apparently he will be shooting himself in the foot.  This is because he (apparantly, I didn't watch it) gave a free kick which means that he got a big decision wrong.  This could result in him stepping down a level for a short while.

The whole thing stinks.  It's just cheating.

Just give them the title now, they don't deserve it but if they want it that bad any every official and governing body want to give it them so blatently then let them have it.

There was an interseting article in the paper about why we come unstuck in the Euro's and World Cup finals.  Along the lines of the English players in the big four / five sides who make up the majority of he squad are used to getting decisions and getting away with murder.  This doesn't happen at big tournaments for us and our players move quickly out of their comfort zones resulting in poorer performances.  He definately has a valid point.

BaggiesBen

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 07:26:17 PM »
It's disgusting that he hasn't been banned. Biased towards man utd yet again but that's the way its always been. No matter how much Rooney verbally abuses referees, lunges in with reckless and potentially damaging tackles and elbows he will never get sent off. Utd have had massive luck with referees again this year so hopefully Arsenal can turn the title race around

baggiejules

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2011, 08:21:27 PM »
How obvious was it that he would end up scoring tonight? God what a horrible c**t.

Perrybarrbaggy

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2011, 08:26:10 PM »
Whelan sounded like a complete muppet today, saying that the FA are scared of man utd , i believe that is true to an extent, but he was on about this decision, FIFA are the ones who made it wrong

FIFA say that if a referee sees an action then there cant be any action after the game .. FIFA rules left the FA unable to do anything

Let's not forget, the FA did ban ferdinand for elbowing a hull player last year remember!

Rooney deserved a 3 match ban ..

This sort of stuff, players coming off the pitch after getting treatment, 2 things that need sorting asap

Instead, fifa decide to talk about snoods , due to player safety . Yet had no concern about player safety when intending to put the world cup in qatar heat

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2011, 06:29:10 AM »
Problem with these ref's is that most of them are star struck.
You can see them calling them by their first names and laughing and joking with them like long lost buddies.
Jack Taylor or Roger Milford were the last decent refs we had, they didn't take any chyte.
Remember Taylor giving a penalty about 60 seconds into the 74 world cup final.
Now that takes balls! (even if he was a dingle)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 07:59:29 AM »
its so lovely hearing Fergie moan about the referee :D

boot2006

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2011, 01:26:13 PM »
Was great to see Fergie on the TV last night.

I hope he picks up his fine for his comments made about the referee.

"These decisions can change the outcome of a season, it's not right at all"
"This ref will be out there again refereeing next week, it's ludicrous"
"Two off the ball incidents weren't picked up, they were right in front of him, it's incredible"

No pooh sherlock - Have some back you cheating B*****D. 

Oh how I laughed !!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 05:37:13 PM »
Remarkable how he can moan about the referees when they get every decsion going for them. I quite enjoyed watching Rooney get leathered. Although, in my opinion it wasn't a penalty I'm delighted Atkinson gave it. I'm also delighted he sent Vidic off.

I seriously hope Arsenal win the premier league. Can't stand United.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2011, 06:04:22 PM »
Was great to see Fergie on the TV last night.

I hope he picks up his fine for his comments made about the referee.

"These decisions can change the outcome of a season, it's not right at all"
"This ref will be out there again refereeing next week, it's ludicrous"
"Two off the ball incidents weren't picked up, they were right in front of him, it's incredible"

No poo sherlock - Have some back you cheating B*****D. 

Oh how I laughed !!

It was such wonderful irony !

Did you see how red faced both Cheat Ferguson and Cheat Rooney were during the game as things went against them.

Still, I suppose the refs will make up for it in games against the rest of the 'non-big 5' clique............. :'(

BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Perrybarrbaggy

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 02:47:49 AM »
Even though it Was Ferguson and Man Utd and Rooney

The refereeing decisions, were awful , Rooney should have been banned ( but FIFA rules meant that was not going to happen), so all that aside , the referee missed 2 yellow card offences by Luiz

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 05:29:52 PM »
Did anyone read in The Sun today about the Albion supporter from Stourbridge wrote a letter to Greater Manchester Police asking Wayne Rooney to be done for assault infront 18k fans as witnesses? Fair play to the mon

dB

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2011, 04:49:46 PM »
Did anyone read in The Sun today about the Albion supporter from Stourbridge wrote a letter to Greater Manchester Police asking Wayne Rooney to be done for assault infront 18k fans as witnesses? Fair play to the mon

Yeah saw that. Great idea. Surely if enough of us sent the same letter they'd have to do something about it? Police that is, not the FA/FIFA.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2011, 08:54:49 AM »
Total media blackout i hear

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2011, 09:02:45 AM »
The club or Fergie has no class whatsoever.  The number of decisions they get for them i.e. the Rooney one and a couple go against them and its a blackout.  Throwing dummy out of the pram when things dont go their way.

I really hope the media really hammer them and him now.  Hes got far too much power and needs taking down a peg or 15.