Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2535178 times)

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1400 on: November 28, 2014, 11:52:08 PM »
the only downside to irvine following most peoples opinion on here and dropping saido is he'll probably put another defensive player in the starting eleven and every team that visits our ground will be camped in our half and their goalie can pop out for a beer
...but not then attempt to drive himself home, because we all know what could happen.  ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1401 on: December 13, 2014, 04:21:04 AM »
Was told by someone after the match today that contract talks had broken down but not sure where that came from, anyone else heard anything?

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1402 on: December 13, 2014, 04:25:43 AM »
Was told by someone after the match today that contract talks had broken down but not sure where that came from, anyone else heard anything?
Probably wants 70k or more a week now he is in the England squad.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1403 on: December 13, 2014, 04:31:19 AM »

Haven't they been put on hold until this alleged drink driving issue is resolved?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1404 on: December 13, 2014, 04:41:45 AM »
No idea just had a text off a mate saying someone has said contract talks on hold, would make sense if it was I suppose.

stubba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1405 on: December 13, 2014, 07:12:29 AM »
Haven't they been put on hold until this alleged drink driving issue is resolved?
. Correct

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1406 on: December 13, 2014, 08:00:36 PM »
Anyone think we should cash in for £20-£25m and put our faith into promoting Nabi?

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1407 on: December 13, 2014, 08:06:59 PM »
Anyone think we should cash in for £20-£25m and put our faith into promoting Nabi?

We don't really know anything about Nabi other than he scores in the under 21 league.

It really would be blind faith, and in football you need to be more pragmatic. Saido's goals have got us where we are, so doing what you've said would be very naive.

Send Nabi on loan to the championship
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1408 on: December 13, 2014, 09:05:52 PM »
We don't really know anything about Nabi other than he scores in the under 21 league.

It really would be blind faith, and in football you need to be more pragmatic. Saido's goals have got us where we are, so doing what you've said would be very naive.

Send Nabi on loan to the championship

You're forgetting we should have the Berahino money to reinvest, to hopefully get a goalscorer in and take the burden off Nabi.

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1409 on: December 13, 2014, 09:18:35 PM »
Isn't it the case that SB is on the bench and Brown given his chance due to a big money sale in Jan. No one wants to pay 20 mill plus for an injured player and baggies preparing for life without him.

I personally would sell.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1410 on: December 13, 2014, 09:27:35 PM »
Who's going to buy him until the alleged drink drive issue's been sorted? If he's cleared, I think we should keep him. AI is quite rightly giving Brown Ideye game time just in case SB is found guilty.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1411 on: December 13, 2014, 10:57:14 PM »
berahino should be starting especially if Valera is now starting,berahino is always a threat but has suffered recently through negative tactics and lack of service,he was the only one who could a did break villa down,brown looks presently like a waste of 10 mil

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1412 on: December 13, 2014, 11:11:25 PM »
If Berahino goes, we are more or less doomed. I cannot see Ideye and  Anichebe providing the goals or movement on and off the ball up front.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1413 on: December 14, 2014, 12:22:09 AM »
The lad is starting to become a nuisance.

Ive noticed the last 2 games that at HT, whilst all the other subs do the mini-drill with the coach, he taps a ball left to right and back again.

The way he walks around acting like Mr. Big Time is the exact reason that, for the 2nd season in a row, he bas been dropped and finds people on his back.

I think overall he is overrated but accept he is a talent. I just dont see this "wonderkid" that everybody else seems to see.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1414 on: December 14, 2014, 12:24:45 AM »

Ive noticed the last 2 games that at HT, whilst all the other subs do the mini-drill with the coach, he taps a ball left to right and back again.

The way he walks around acting like Mr. Big Time is the exact reason that, for the 2nd season in a row, he bas been dropped and finds people on his back.

I think overall he is overrated but accept he is a talent. I just dont see this "wonderkid" that everybody else seems to see.

Just like Samaras every game he is sub.

I don't think he is over-rated at all to be honest but for me looks a much better player out wide, more involved in the game than when he is isolated up top on his own.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1415 on: December 14, 2014, 12:40:02 AM »

If you don't see what he brings, there are plenty of other large clubs who do. And the fact he is in the full England squad must say something. Unless, we somehow find a proven goalscorer as replacement, I can't see either Ideye or Anichebe being an adequate replacement. We just won't create or score enough and will probably be relegated.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1416 on: December 14, 2014, 12:50:06 AM »
Time to cash in when Liverpool come knocking.( he will enjoy the subs bench up there )..then invest in a top central midfielder and bring Nabi and Roofe into the first team...happy days

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1417 on: December 14, 2014, 01:18:32 AM »
Time to cash in when Liverpool come knocking.( he will enjoy the subs bench up there )..then invest in a top central midfielder and bring Nabi and Roofe into the first team...happy days

I don't ever see Roofe being good enough for us. Nabi on the other hand could be.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1418 on: December 14, 2014, 01:24:19 AM »
I don't ever see Roofe being good enough for us. Nabi on the other hand could be.
But will he be good enough to score the goals to keep us up this season.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1419 on: December 14, 2014, 03:02:25 AM »
If you don't see what he brings, there are plenty of other large clubs who do. And the fact he is in the full England squad must say something. Unless, we somehow find a proven goalscorer as replacement, I can't see either Ideye or Anichebe being an adequate replacement. We just won't create or score enough and will probably be relegated.

I think Benteke & Bony would be ahead of Berahino on any of the big clubs wishlists.

I dont see Berahino scoring another 8 goals this season to take him to 15. A figure any "top-class" CF should be aiming for.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1420 on: December 14, 2014, 03:15:54 AM »

Really? Did you not notice the difference when he came on yesterday? Take his goals out and we would be in the bottom 3. Should be starting in my opinion,he is the only bloke weve got that can score goals
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:16:42 AM by OldburyWBA »

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1421 on: December 14, 2014, 03:26:37 AM »
I was shocked he wasn't used as one of the wide players from the start yesterday, genuinely think he is a good option in that position but maybe there is a little more to it. I noticed him head straight down the tunnel as soon as the whistle went instead of celebrating with his teammates which was a little disappointing.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1422 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:06 AM »
I was shocked he wasn't used as one of the wide players from the start yesterday, genuinely think he is a good option in that position but maybe there is a little more to it. I noticed him head straight down the tunnel as soon as the whistle went instead of celebrating with his teammates which was a little disappointing.

Saido is our most talented player, but he has looked sullen lately, which is understandable after his drunk driving nonsense. Saido really needs to grow up now and take himself in hand.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1423 on: December 14, 2014, 03:55:57 AM »
Heard we have suspended contract extension talks....
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1424 on: December 14, 2014, 03:56:31 AM »
Saido is potentially our best forward but he continues to show signs he believes in the hype that surrounds him at the moment and, for me, is not a team player and only interested in himself. Some of his decision making remains poor,  failing to play the simple ball because he wants to do too much, and the work ethic when having lost the ball isn't great. But he is young and will hopefully learn.
He has only scored 4 goals that were not penalties in 18 appearances (16 starts), better than our other strikers, but still not as good as some would make out.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.