Author Topic: Hal Robson-Kanu  (Read 271538 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Hal Robson-Kanu
« Reply #650 on: August 30, 2018, 09:33:33 AM »
https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-middlesbrough-boss-pulis-lines-up-reunion-with-west-brom-attacker/
May be off for a reunion with Pulis . be plenty of fingers crossed on our side I should think

Wouldn't leave us much time to get replacements in. I would hope that IF there is any mileage in the story then it means we have lined up at least 1 striker to bring in.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #651 on: August 30, 2018, 10:33:30 AM »
Or that's why we played Burke as a striker on Tuesday.

That would still leave us short of a striker though we need 1 more if HRK doesn't go, 2 if he goes. Also if that was the thinking it does beg the question why Burke hasn't played through the middle when he's been brought off the bench in league games then?

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #652 on: August 30, 2018, 10:45:47 AM »
That would still leave us short of a striker though we need 1 more if HRK doesn't go, 2 if he goes. Also if that was the thinking it does beg the question why Burke hasn't played through the middle when he's been brought off the bench in league games then?
I'm not saying it's right, I agree that we need more, I'm just not convinced that HRK leaving will trigger anyone coming in. I think Darren will have to work with whatever he has left come Saturday.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #653 on: August 30, 2018, 11:03:41 AM »
I'm not saying it's right, I agree that we need more, I'm just not convinced that HRK leaving will trigger anyone coming in. I think Darren will have to work with whatever he has left come Saturday.

I think you've misunderstood me I wasn't suggesting you believed it, I was just musing as to why we haven't tried Burke through the middle that's all. QPR would have been the ideal game to try it out after we'd gone 4-1 up.

I fear you may be right with regard to not replacing HRK but it would be very naive to go until at least January with only 2 recognised strikers.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #654 on: August 30, 2018, 11:11:01 AM »
Matt Wilson from the E and S saying we have rejected the loan bid from Boro. Unless Boro were offering a cash fee in January, not sure why Pulis thought we would strengthen a rival on the cheap.
Boing Boing

Halesowen12

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #655 on: August 30, 2018, 11:15:28 AM »
Matt Wilson from the E and S saying we have rejected the loan bid from Boro. Unless Boro were offering a cash fee in January, not sure why Pulis thought we would strengthen a rival on the cheap.

strengthen?!  ???

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #656 on: August 30, 2018, 11:17:26 AM »
Pulis has tried to take him on loan. Just cough up the money Tone.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #657 on: August 30, 2018, 11:20:19 AM »
I fear you may be right with regard to not replacing HRK but it would be very naive to go until at least January with only 2 recognised strikers.
I don't regard Robson-Kanu as a recognised striker, but we've had that discussion before!  ;D I actually think it would be cataclysmic if we end up with just Rodriguez and Gayle.

Let's hope we've got several deals lined up with the money we'll get if Chadli goes, as our transfer activity seems to be dependent on that.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #658 on: August 30, 2018, 11:20:46 AM »
Pulis has tried to take him on loan. Just cough up the money Tone.
To be fair any deal would need to at least starts as a loan anyway.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #659 on: August 30, 2018, 11:22:40 AM »
Not sure Robson-Kanu would want to go to Middlesboro even if a deal is agreed.

He has this business he runs now down south, which judging by his interview all his spare time goes into, his family are in london, i am sure i read he is married to some billionaire heiress so i doubt money is too tight for them.

By the sounds he doesnt need to rely on his football income and Middlesboro is a bit out the way so wouldnt be surprised if he turned down the move, he wasnt ever a regular under Pulis here anyway so i imagine he would go from bench warming with us to bench warming at Middlesboro.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #660 on: August 30, 2018, 11:32:19 AM »
To be fair any deal would need to at least starts as a loan anyway.

Of course loan to perm :)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #661 on: August 30, 2018, 11:52:45 AM »
Transfer talk goes in the transfer forum

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #662 on: August 30, 2018, 01:28:18 PM »
Does he need a lift be loads of cars now ready to take him. Not good enough.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #663 on: August 30, 2018, 01:36:50 PM »
Has a goal every 65 mins so far this season plus 1 assist.

Good return.

Better ratio compared to murphy(forest) wildschut(Bolton), soudani(forest) El Mohamady(villa), pukki(Norwich) mount(derby).
All scored 2 goals.

Only players who have scored 2 and assisted more are allioski(Leeds) & hernandez(Norwich)

Some players on that list have been linked with moves away for 5m+. I know some are midfielders..

What happens if Gayle and Rodriguez gets injured?

Don't understand people who say give him away or they will drive him..do they want us to have 2 strikers on board till Jan ?

Hrk will do as back till Jan

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #664 on: November 10, 2018, 09:35:46 PM »
Big mention to Hal who put in a very good performance (as he usually does to be fair) and got the goal he deserved. I know he gets a lot of stick but at this level he’s good at holding the ball up and not a bad finisher when it comes to it

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #665 on: November 10, 2018, 09:38:28 PM »
Big mention to Hal who put in a very good performance (as he usually does to be fair) and got the goal he deserved. I know he gets a lot of stick but at this level he’s good at holding the ball up and not a bad finisher when it comes to it

No he doesn't he's usually awful. That said he's usually played through the middle.

Playing as a wide forward today suited him much better. Had the best game I've seen him have for us.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #666 on: November 10, 2018, 09:41:00 PM »
Good performance, deserves a bit more respect than he's had on one of his threads over the last couple of weeks.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #667 on: November 10, 2018, 09:42:59 PM »

No he doesn't he's usually awful. That said he's usually played through the middle.

Playing as a wide forward today suited him much better. Had the best game I've seen him have for us.

Sorry I’m not someone who’s on board with the hate for Hal. Yes he’s limited but he usually holds the ball up better than our other forwards (which is why he gets brought on more often than not) and took his finish well today. I took great pleasure cheering in the face of the guy who sits behind me who was shouting how s*** he is the entire game when he scored.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #668 on: November 10, 2018, 09:44:11 PM »
Put a great shift in today that's more like it.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #669 on: November 10, 2018, 10:39:02 PM »
Excellent performance today
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #670 on: November 10, 2018, 10:41:08 PM »
Very good today. Gayle starts next game for me though.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #671 on: November 11, 2018, 01:09:35 AM »
Offers much more the jay Rod, the shirt is Kanuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssss

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #672 on: November 11, 2018, 01:20:13 AM »
HRK gets alot of stick on here, much of it deserved, but today he was excellent. He has the physical strength to hold the ball up, and in that sense is more of a target man, if that's the way we are going to play. But he also showed some clever technical touches as well, and his goal was cleanly tucked away into the corner.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #673 on: November 11, 2018, 01:44:31 AM »
Best game in Albion shirt well done Hal, oh yeah cracking goal.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #674 on: November 11, 2018, 09:56:57 PM »

I agree 100% but i hope its his last one he plays for us, i cant stand cheating gits especially when they are in our colors.