Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1758674 times)

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #6850 on: December 30, 2014, 05:03:54 PM »
Brilliant comeback Aidan  ;D

Like yourself I have defended Irvine's cause in the hope he would be successful, many others on here have expressed their displeasure but vowed to support him during matches, fair play but there has been a sinister under current from a  proportion of West Brom fans both at games & on here, an agenda that meant AI would never be accepted, well you got your wish people, JP caved & now it's time for the next victim sorry Coach to take his place in the WBA hotseat/poison challis on a new one month rolling contract, pointless giving him anymore just incase the fans don't like him.

AND the worst thing to come out of it all.................... Jacko's back out of retirement..............again   ::)
Deluded hope he would be successful, most of us knew if pepe Mel was backed we would be fine. All we can hope for is pulis and not some yes man. Yes we all had an agenda what is best for this football club and some of us backed that up unlike the Churchill nodding dogs
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6851 on: December 30, 2014, 05:09:26 PM »
Deluded hope he would be successful, most of us knew if pepe Mel was backed we would be fine. All we can hope for is pulis and not some yes man. Yes we all had an agenda what is best for this football club and some of us backed that up unlike the Churchill nodding dogs

There you go again kirky, taking things all personal  ??? Churchill nodding dogs though, reasonably amusing  ::)
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6852 on: December 30, 2014, 05:14:08 PM »
Prey tell me how anyone would know that?
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6853 on: December 30, 2014, 05:17:11 PM »
Pepe Mel was like putting diesel into a petrol car.  It doesn't work.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #6854 on: December 30, 2014, 05:18:06 PM »
Sick of this "hark working, decent guy" line that I keep hearing. You know what that screams to me? LOSER. And that is exactly what Alan Irvine is.

Why on earth don't some of you want more for this football club? Fed up of our supporters and this "happy to be here" attitude, we're better than that.

We WERE better than than but we haven't actually won anything of note for a very, very long time and the way football has changed over the years, we are unlikely to win ANYTHING any time soon either.

Remaining in the PL (hopefully without a relegation battle) year after year will give us the best opportunity of success in a cup or possibly the Europa League (which we would be ill equipped for despite additional investment in players)

I yearn for the days of Cyrille Regis, title challenges, cup runs and European campaigns BUT I am happy to be here and STAY here - it is all that I want - I cannot face another season slogging away in the Championship Saturday, Tuesday/Wednesday, Saturday.

Unfortunately, due to Murdoch, SKY, UEFA and the top teams that dominate Europe with the cash rewards on offer - we should know what we are - mid table PL mediocrity (if lucky) and Pride of the Midlands (again, if lucky) - anything else is a BONUS  8)
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6855 on: December 30, 2014, 05:42:21 PM »

Most fans not old enough to have seen Albion PLAY Flair football were sick to death of the petrol cars they had seen for the last 10-15 years & were crying out to see the Diesel football of there fathers.

This is getting like a merry go round PM v AI but what i would say 100% is that PM had more fans backing him than AI ever had.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6856 on: December 30, 2014, 05:55:40 PM »
Most fans not old enough to have seen Albion PLAY Flair football were sick to death of the petrol cars they had seen for the last 10-15 years & were crying out to see the Diesel football of there fathers.

This is getting like a merry go round PM v AI but what i would say 100% is that PM had more fans backing him than AI ever had.
Don't disagree with any of that at all.

Problem is you either have to sell your car and buy an expensive new one or spend years changing the engine and other parts to get it to work with diesel and then you realise it only takes you from a to b anyway!

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6857 on: December 30, 2014, 05:57:58 PM »

Mel has been sacked from every job has had and but for a brief period at betis has failed miserably. The way some fans go on about him you'd think we got rid of Guardiola. In reality if he hasn't talked a good game and has been known to English football, no one would like or want him.

He seemed a nice man, but then so did Irvine.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6858 on: December 30, 2014, 06:04:15 PM »
It's interesting that those who've backed Irvine to the hilt all also seem to be as united in their derision of Pepe Mel. I really ought to check back to see if you were all as loyal towards Pepe when he was here as you've unflinchingly been to Irvine but, unfortunately, I can't be arsed!

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6859 on: December 30, 2014, 06:17:26 PM »
It's interesting that those who've backed Irvine to the hilt all also seem to be as united in their derision of Pepe Mel. I really ought to check back to see if you were all as loyal towards Pepe when he was here as you've unflinchingly been to Irvine but, unfortunately, I can't be arsed!
No need, you will see I was supportive of him and at the time felt he was let down by the club. I haven't at any point derided him but I am also not naive enough to believe he was the chosen one and recognised that he was not going to fit in at the Albion. I have also pointed out the hypocrisy of the treatment afforded to him when compared to Irvine  ;)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6860 on: December 30, 2014, 06:20:33 PM »
No need, you will see I was supportive of him and at the time felt he was let down by the club. I haven't at any point derided him but I am also not naive enough to believe he was the chosen one and recognised that he was not going to fit in at the Albion. I have also pointed out the hypocrisy of the treatment afforded to him when compared to Irvine  ;)
I think the fact that the players appeared to get rid of Mel, made him a martyr far more than his performance.
The fact that these, mostly, overpaid primadonas could hold so much sway with our club, really stuck in our craw.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6861 on: December 30, 2014, 06:20:58 PM »
Roberto Martinez
Gary Neville
Mark Lawrenson

Have all criticised the decision to sack Irvine.

No offence but I couldn't give a flying one about what they think, none of them care about what is best for WBA, Jeremy Peace does and the fans do and that is really all that matters.
"This crack is really moreish."

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6862 on: December 30, 2014, 06:31:52 PM »

Is it really that difficult to comprehend that some people want whoever is in charge to be a success and not hold some petty agenda. 

Mind you saying that I do remember Aidan not liking Mel and championing Jol at every opportunity, sorry Aidan.
"This crack is really moreish."

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6863 on: December 30, 2014, 06:38:25 PM »
The job is yours you Nasty barsteward!  ;D

Ha ha!!! Yes I quite agree, just what we need.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6864 on: December 30, 2014, 06:39:25 PM »
I have always rated Martin Jol very highly and if it wasn't for his lack of interest in football at the moment, i'd be getting him in ASAP.

I can see what your saying about me and my comments about Irvine and Pepe.
I liked Irvine a lot and I thought he was unlucky, but Mel by all accounts was out of his depth at the club, nice bloke of course.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6865 on: December 30, 2014, 06:46:27 PM »
I think the fact that the players appeared to get rid of Mel, made him a martyr far more than his performance.
The fact that these, mostly, overpaid primadonas could hold so much sway with our club, really stuck in our craw.
The players are the club's greatest asset, whether that be right or wrong is a different conversation. To replace a squad is significantly more difficult than changing a coach.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6866 on: December 30, 2014, 06:57:50 PM »
I have always rated Martin Jol very highly and if it wasn't for his lack of interest in football at the moment, i'd be getting him in ASAP.

I liked Irvine a lot and I thought he was unlucky, but Mel by all accounts was out of his depth at the club, nice bloke of course.

So you Dont think Irvine was out of his depth?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6867 on: December 30, 2014, 07:08:31 PM »

they are both nice blokes.
how was one unlucky and by who's account was mel out of his depth.  you do say all accounts so are there several.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6868 on: December 30, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »
I don't care how nice of a bloke Irvine is, how respected he is as a coach, the fact is he deserved the sack for his awful team selections, poor results and poor performances. All of this "give him time to turn things around" is nonsence. He had a full pre season and we are now halfway through the season and he showed no signs of doing anything to improve us. I have to give Peace credit in being decisive in firing a manager he put a lot of backing behind. Hopefully this means he has realised the system needs revamping and we get in someone (Pulis) who knows how to win matches at this level.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6869 on: December 30, 2014, 07:22:34 PM »
Brilliant comeback Aidan  ;D

Like yourself I have defended Irvine's cause in the hope he would be successful, many others on here have expressed their displeasure but vowed to support him during matches, fair play but there has been a sinister under current from a  proportion of West Brom fans both at games & on here, an agenda that meant AI would never be accepted, well you got your wish people, JP caved & now it's time for the next victim sorry Coach to take his place in the WBA hotseat/poison challis on a new one month rolling contract, pointless giving him anymore just incase the fans don't like him.

AND the worst thing to come out of it all.................... Jacko's back out of retirement..............again   ::)

:-*

Yes Brilliant. Well done Aiden. How's Andre Marriner?

You know you've missed me DAMTCL.

Irvine was woeful. His demise inevitable. I can't believe the thread is still open. Say your goodbyes. Sounds like club are organising some sort of remembrance service for him based on an earlier tweet.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6870 on: December 30, 2014, 07:24:51 PM »
Andre is very well  ;D
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6871 on: December 30, 2014, 07:39:55 PM »
:-*

Yes Brilliant. Well done Aiden. How's Andre Marriner?

You know you've missed me DAMTCL.

Irvine was woeful. His demise inevitable. I can't believe the thread is still open. Say your goodbyes. Sounds like club are organising some sort of remembrance service for him based on an earlier tweet.

Jacko, having you back is like a breath of stale air  8) now don't you go upsetting people  ;D
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6872 on: December 30, 2014, 07:42:17 PM »

Think you're just towing the club's line tbh. Sometimes you need to use your critical thinking skills and consider alternative explanations than those forced upon us by those at the club.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6873 on: December 30, 2014, 07:42:50 PM »
Jacko, having you back is like a breath of stale air  8) now don't you go upsetting people  ;D

The new gaffer will do that when he picks Brunty every week  :D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6874 on: December 30, 2014, 07:44:06 PM »
The new gaffer will do that when he picks Brunty every week  :D

As long as he keeps him out the centre I wouldn't be bothered  :-*

See more bite in a Chihuahua puppy  ;)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill