Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1758588 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #6450 on: December 29, 2014, 10:56:54 AM »
It was on WM yesterday. During the first bit of the commentary they noted that JP was there.

After the second goal they made a comment that he had left.

I can confirm I heard the same aswell.

I think we all know now that the question is, not if but when..

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6451 on: December 29, 2014, 10:57:30 AM »
As someone pointed out on the radio yesterday we might not be in the bottom three but we are behind where we should be given our run in at the end of the season.

We need to have 35 points on the board before our last 5 games to stand a chance of stopping up.

As for the 'abuse' Irvine and Downing got, I think it's justified especially given what we've witnessed in the last few weeks and the amounts of money spent.

What did seem odd was the clapping of the players afterwards. Seemed strange to me after the abuse Irvine got.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6452 on: December 29, 2014, 11:01:58 AM »
I've seen a post elsewhere from someone who is known have a source of ITK info:

"People are mistaken if they think JP doesn't want to pull the pin based on any blind loyalty or worry about loss of face. The decision was made a while ago, the Villa game didn't buy Irvine time, it bought the club time. This will be a complete clean sweep job and the club is making sure it's as seamless as possible hence the delay"

In later posts, the same person says that Burton isn't part of this "clean sweep" and the replacement will be "Pulis or Sherwood".

It's a shame that the ITKers on WestBrom.com have fallen silent in terms of posting ITK info, most likely due to the stick they get when they do post, sadly.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:03:38 AM by WorcsWBA »

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6453 on: December 29, 2014, 11:06:30 AM »
It's a shame that the ITKers on WestBrom.com have fallen silent in terms of posting ITK info, most likely due to the stick they get when they do post, sadly.

I think some of that was posted earlier too.

I agree that it is a shame that there isn't many ITK posters around.

It is a difficult one because people who post as ITK are judged by what they say is going to happen against what actually happens.

What people don't see is the bit in between that means it can change in an instant and doesn't necessarily mean that person isn't ITK.

Of course on the flip side you get those who pretend to be ITK and just wind people up.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6454 on: December 29, 2014, 11:08:33 AM »
I think some of that was posted earlier too.

I agree that it is a shame that there isn't many ITK posters around.

It is a difficult one because people who post as ITK are judged by what they say is going to happen against what actually happens.

What people don't see is the bit in between that means it can change in an instant and doesn't necessarily mean that person isn't ITK.

Of course on the flip side you get those who pretend to be ITK and just wind people up.

The ITK S certainly wont be writing on fanzone facebook, this site is mild and meek compared to that one
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6455 on: December 29, 2014, 11:09:48 AM »
I've seen a post elsewhere from someone who is known have a source of ITK info:

"People are mistaken if they think JP doesn't want to pull the pin based on any blind loyalty or worry about loss of face. The decision was made a while ago, the Villa game didn't buy Irvine time, it bought the club time. This will be a complete clean sweep job and the club is making sure it's as seamless as possible hence the delay"

In later posts, the same person says that Burton isn't part of this "clean sweep" and the replacement will be "Pulis or Sherwood".

From what I've heard Peace was very impressed with Sherwood in the summer but Sherwood wouldn't come without his own men. If there is to be a clear-out it may pave the way for Sherwood. I think Pulis might be the go-to man though for his proven record of keeping teams in the Premiership.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6456 on: December 29, 2014, 11:10:59 AM »
Latest that I'm hearing - Pulis is interested, willing to be head coach but will be bringing in some of his own coaches. Whether downing and keily go I don't know? Irvine will go before west ham game if all goes to plan with pulis in before Gateshead game.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6457 on: December 29, 2014, 11:12:44 AM »
I agree its a shame how some of the ITK get spoken to when they post a bit of information if it doesnt come out that way.

I always used to look out for Baggies79 posts as he was spot on 9 times out of 10.

Back on topic however, I can see us going back to Sherwood if he impressed Peace. I would hope we would at least speak to Pulis first though and see if hes interested.

This season is literally just about staying up now, I dont care what football I witness as long as it gets results. (at the moment im watching dross and not seeing results).

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6458 on: December 29, 2014, 11:12:46 AM »
On the Sessegnon sub, he had a bit of a calf problem. Irvine has a job to look after our players, he's played Sess in nearly every game, it's obvious he sees him as a key player to the team. Sessegnon has usually been taken off for fitness or injury reasons, even so he was poor in the final third yesterday. It's no good dribbling the ball and running past players if your final pass, cross and shot aren't good enough.
the regime don't like it man

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6459 on: December 29, 2014, 11:13:32 AM »

From what I've heard Peace was very impressed with Sherwood in the summer but Sherwood wouldn't come without his own men. If there is to be a clear-out it may pave the way for Sherwood. I think Pulis might be the go-to man though for his proven record of keeping teams in the Premiership.

I think it is probably going to be between Pulis & Sherwood, I personally would prefer Pulis.

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6460 on: December 29, 2014, 11:14:16 AM »
Latest that I'm hearing - Pulis is interested, willing to be head coach but will be bringing in some of his own coaches. Whether downing and keily go I don't know? Irvine will go before west ham game if all goes to plan with pulis in before Gateshead game.
So the clowns will be in charge for West Ham then!  ???
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6461 on: December 29, 2014, 11:14:27 AM »

Hopefully your right, but for the team to be shaken up in terms of mentality and taken out of their comfot zone, Downing and Kiely need to go aswell.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6462 on: December 29, 2014, 11:15:04 AM »
Trouble is the players love him. He is mr nice guy. They love his coaching because its probably p*** easy.
BOING BOING

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6463 on: December 29, 2014, 11:15:55 AM »
I think it is probably going to be between Pulis & Sherwood, I personally would prefer Pulis.

Agreed.

Pulis is a known quantity whereas Sherwood is a little unpredictable.

We need a bit of stability now and not more issues.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6464 on: December 29, 2014, 11:16:07 AM »
On the Sessegnon sub, he had a bit of a calf problem. Irvine has a job to look after our players, he's played Sess in nearly every game, it's obvious he sees him as a key player to the team. Sessegnon has usually been taken off for fitness or injury reasons, even so he was poor in the final third yesterday. It's no good dribbling the ball and running past players if your final pass, cross and shot aren't good enough.

So in a busy Christmas period why not leave players out who have issues with fitness ? we have a squad of players not just a select bunch. We had Mulumbu, Yacob amongst the subs, we had Blanco kicking his heels enjoying some family time so why pick a player who has a slight injury ?

Sess played wide left, we had Brunt starting and Varela on the bench both of whom are naturals in that position.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6465 on: December 29, 2014, 11:17:19 AM »
Thing with Sherwood also is, think some of his planned backroom staff in summer have found clubs elsewhere now.. I think Ferdinand & Ramsey are now at QPR, so that might be an issue.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6466 on: December 29, 2014, 11:19:58 AM »
What irvine has done with blanco is a joke. In the cup games he has been our best player. Was very impressive vs hull. Should be playing

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6467 on: December 29, 2014, 11:25:29 AM »
The final , final straw for me was starting away at Stoke without one decent ball winning midfielder . ::)
I actually don't feel angry towards Irvine , it's clear he is out of his depth but he was never going to turn the job down . I've always backed JP and the job he has done here but from day one Irvine was struggling , look at Pre Season and the awful defending against Porto , Forest and Port Vale ....that has pretty much carried on all season.
I want Irvine gone but for me JP takes the blame and should have acted weeks ago in all honesty.
Whether certain players love Irvine or not the results and performances have been nowhere near good enough overall.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6468 on: December 29, 2014, 11:28:07 AM »
Of coursre the players love him.

They probably have a laugh in training and the game on a Saturday is an inconvience at best.

If we get relegated it doesn't matter because the likes of Foster and Mulumbu will find other clubs and we will be stuck with the dross of Brunt and Morrison.

There is no consequence to their actions.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6469 on: December 29, 2014, 11:28:21 AM »
So in a busy Christmas period why not leave players out who have issues with fitness ? we have a squad of players not just a select bunch. We had Mulumbu, Yacob amongst the subs, we had Blanco kicking his heels enjoying some family time so why pick a player who has a slight injury ?

Sess played wide left, we had Brunt starting and Varela on the bench both of whom are naturals in that position.

I thought Yacob should have been used in the City game. Blanco is probably seen as not being good enough for Premier League football and Irvine thought he could get an hour from Sess will would cause a bigger threat to the Stoke defence than other options. Varela was probably being looked after too as he might not have been able to start another game so soon.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:30:06 AM by Legend »
the regime don't like it man

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6470 on: December 29, 2014, 11:32:51 AM »
Coaching school - Football head coach 101.

Qu 1. You are going to play Stoke away in december, Summarise your tactics in 3 lines

Answer,
it ain't going to be pretty,
They are big, physical and quick.

i will leave my two most experienced & aggressive defensive midfielders on bench

result
Fail   E - minus !!!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6471 on: December 29, 2014, 11:37:20 AM »
I thought Yacob should have been used in the City game. Blanco is probably seen as not being good enough for Premier League football and Irvine thought he could get an hour from Sess will would cause a bigger threat to the Stoke defence than other options. Varela was probably being looked after too as he might not have been able to start another game so soon.

Poor excuses, if a player is injured he is injured. Playing wide players in the middle and central players wide is poor selection when naturals are available and players with injuries should not be risked during busy times when alternatives are fit and ready. So if Varela is fit then start him over an injured Sess or play a fit Mulumbu or fit Yacob or move a fit Brunt out wide to avoid making a slight injury a bigger one.

As for Blanco who knows if he is good enough. He could have been on the bench at least and could have done no worse than those who did play in that weak midfield.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6472 on: December 29, 2014, 11:41:52 AM »
Poor excuses, if a player is injured he is injured. Playing wide players in the middle and central players wide is poor selection when naturals are available and players with injuries should not be risked during busy times when alternatives are fit and ready. So if Varela is fit then start him over an injured Sess or play a fit Mulumbu or fit Yacob or move a fit Brunt out wide to avoid making a slight injury a bigger one.

As for Blanco who knows if he is good enough. He could have been on the bench at least and could have done no worse than those who did play in that weak midfield.

That's all we hear every single week from Irvine and his supporters, poor excuses. Enough is enough, I'm sick to death of this bloke and his turgid football.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6473 on: December 29, 2014, 11:45:30 AM »

Exactly, how do we know Blanco is not good enough without seeing play in the Prem ?
Dorrans, Brunt, Morrison, Mulumbu and, to a lesser extent, Gardner, are not really showing they are good enough as each game goes by are they ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6474 on: December 29, 2014, 11:51:28 AM »
Not just Blanco, add Samaras.  He has not been given a chance - WHY FFS???
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!