Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1758639 times)

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #6425 on: December 29, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »

Are you on drugs?

;)

No not yet, too early  ;D

But in all seriousness what if we do get a result and a good performance. Lets be honest we're due a bit of luck.

How can JP then turn around and say your gone?

He should have gone before the Villa game, and as I sad back then that result is the one that will relegate us because we will leave it too late to make changes.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6426 on: December 29, 2014, 10:23:27 AM »
A senior West Brom source has told Sky Sports News HQ that Alan Irvine WILL be in charge for the game against West Ham on New Year's Day.

Who could that source be, I wonder. Chris Lepkowski?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6427 on: December 29, 2014, 10:24:17 AM »
Headline on the BBC Sports ticker: West Brom will not make a decision on Monday over the future of head coach Alan Irvine

I guess JP is in mid-air today to his annual holiday in the sun!

I've seen it suggested that plans to place Downing in temporary charge have had to be revisited because of away crowd reaction yesterday.  Could well be right.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6428 on: December 29, 2014, 10:25:39 AM »
A senior West Brom source has told Sky Sports News HQ that Alan Irvine WILL be in charge for the game against West Ham on New Year's Day.

Who could that source be, I wonder. Chris Lepkowski?

The same one that said we had signed Lukaku on another loan only for him to go to Everton.  :P

He's here until the new year and in my opinion until the end of Jan so may as well get used to it.

I guess JP is in mid-air today to his annual holiday in the sun!

I've seen it suggested that plans to place Downing in temporary charge have had to be revisited because of away crowd reaction yesterday.  Could well be right.

He was at Stoke yesterday. He left after the second goal by all accounts.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6429 on: December 29, 2014, 10:26:53 AM »
It's interesting that no-one is saying Irvine's job is safe for the time being only that he will be in charge for the West Ham game. It really does look as though Jeremy is lining something up behind the scenes. As has been pointed out already there's no way he'll want a five / six week gap between appointments like last time, for one he couldn't afford that he needs a quick appointment.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6430 on: December 29, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »
If he does get a result against West Ham, say a 1-0 win, how much time do you think that would buy him?

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6431 on: December 29, 2014, 10:30:18 AM »
It's interesting that no-one is saying Irvine's job is safe for the time being only that he will be in charge for the West Ham game. It really does look as though Jeremy is lining something up behind the scenes. As has been pointed out already there's no way he'll want a five / six week gap between appointments like last time, for one he couldn't afford that he needs a quick appointment.

Maybe, and of course he cannot use Downing as a temporary measure either after yesterday.

The negative side of me expects Irvine to be in charge at the end of Jan.

If he does get a result against West Ham, say a 1-0 win, how much time do you think that would buy him?

Well if the Villa game is anything to go by another few games.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:33:30 AM by dangerman »

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6432 on: December 29, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »
People are mistaken if they think JP doesn't want to pull the pin based on any blind loyalty or worry about loss of face. The decision was made a while ago, the Villa game didn't buy Irvine time, it bought the club time.

This will be a complete clean sweep job and the club is making sure it's as seamless as possible hence the delay.

Off another forum usually reliable, he has also hinted that we have been talking to Pulis last few days.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6433 on: December 29, 2014, 10:38:29 AM »
People are mistaken if they think JP doesn't want to pull the pin based on any blind loyalty or worry about loss of face. The decision was made a while ago, the Villa game didn't buy Irvine time, it bought the club time.

This will be a complete clean sweep job and the club is making sure it's as seamless as possible hence the delay.

Off another forum usually reliable, he has also hinted that we have been talking to Pulis last few days.

Let's assume that the above is true (and I do hope that it is).

Why now? Why not in the summer when we had the opportunity to take a bit of time?

If it has been ongoing since the Villa game why only speak to Pulis in the last few days?

As I say I hope it's true, I just cannot see it at the minute.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6434 on: December 29, 2014, 10:39:00 AM »
So what happens then if we have a blinder and beat West Ham 3 or 4 nil? Surely, JP would not sack him after that?

He needs to go today with promises from JP that it will be sorted in time for the Gateshead game.

That my freind is the most ludicrous post I have seen on this site, in what reality are we going to beat west ham by 3 or 4 ???? (no offence, like)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6435 on: December 29, 2014, 10:40:39 AM »
I am glad he is still here, a man of dignity and respect. I was disgusted by our fans yesterday, the abuse hurled towards him was embarrassing. The man is working hard to get the club results, he will get there eventually.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6436 on: December 29, 2014, 10:41:14 AM »
Let's assume that the above is true (and I do hope that it is).

Why now? Why not in the summer when we had the opportunity to take a bit of time?

If it has been ongoing since the Villa game why only speak to Pulis in the last few days?

As I say I hope it's true, I just cannot see it at the minute.

Peace obviously took a gamble in the summer and it failed, maybe it was Burton's recommendation who knows. Well we could have been speaking to Pulis for weeks for all we know. The guy didn't state anything to do with few days thats just me assuming based on him telling people to take up odds of 5/2 yesterday on Pulis, the odds dropped now to 5/4.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6437 on: December 29, 2014, 10:44:45 AM »
I am glad he is still here, a man of dignity and respect. I was disgusted by our fans yesterday, the abuse hurled towards him was embarrassing. The man is working hard to get the club results, he will get there eventually.

British Rail use to say that. whilst i agree with you about the abuse this coach will never be accepted.Its best all round if hes gone by the end of the week
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6438 on: December 29, 2014, 10:44:55 AM »

Makes sense. Let's hope it is true. It would also go some way to explaining why the odds on Pulis have shortened over the last 24 hours.

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6439 on: December 29, 2014, 10:45:17 AM »
That my freind is the most ludicrous post I have seen on this site, in what reality are we going to beat west ham by 3 or 4 ???? (no offence, like)
Agreed! Havent West Ham only lost to the gooners at home this year?
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6440 on: December 29, 2014, 10:45:22 AM »
Aidan, he can work hard 24/7/365, be honorable, honset, diligent ...... but if he cannot "manage" the matchday situation he is not going to keep his job,
its sad but nonetheless true.

I wasn't there so can't comment on the abuse other than he ain't the first and he won't be the las to get abused it goes with the territory (again sadly)
Albion Family !!!

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6441 on: December 29, 2014, 10:46:10 AM »

Yes it is ludicrous. But if i'd have said this time last year that Irvine would be in charge in the summer you would have also said that was ludicrous.

This is football anything could happen. I don't expect us to stick 4 past West Ham just that it could happen.

My point was that if he is going after the West Ham game regardless of the result, how will that look to everyone else if we have managed to win with a decent result. The Villa game bought him time, and I'm sure a win against West Ham will buy him a bit more time.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6442 on: December 29, 2014, 10:48:27 AM »
No one on here is denying that he comes across as a nice guy.

At the end of the day this is a results business and he isnt getting results. We arent even scrapping few draws when we play bad as other teams around us seem to be picking up the odd point here, we tend to lose not draw.

Sorry Alan but its never going to work.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6443 on: December 29, 2014, 10:50:23 AM »

The fans have been VERY patient in the main. For all the moans/ rants on here at games there has been nothing until yesterday apart from a small section at the end of the QPR game. Yes there have been boos after some strange substitutions which have baffled almost all of us (not all obviously). Yesterday enough was enough. For 90 minutes I back that team and Irvine but at the end I will voice my opinion.

If that makes me a bad fan so be it, past caring and yes I will be at West Ham for 90 minutes backing them all again.

As for Irvine he may be a nice man as we are told again I don't care, he is paid well to do a job and he along with others are failing in that job (no doubt I will be told we are not in the bottom three so he is not failing etc etc), results business, we are not getting them. His record is appalling and his little band of merry men on the pitch are not backing up their words of how much they rate him with performances.

Lets hear how a few others think of him instead of the same old faces who coincidentally are practically guaranteed starts.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6444 on: December 29, 2014, 10:50:27 AM »
TBH I don't give a stuff how it looks to those who are not baggies fans !

neither will JP, viz Clarke & DiMatteo
Albion Family !!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6445 on: December 29, 2014, 10:50:43 AM »
if JP left immediately after the second goal thats never a good sign, another win for Irvine whenever that might be is simply papering over the cracks
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6446 on: December 29, 2014, 10:52:41 AM »
if JP left immediately after the second goal thats never a good sign, another win for Irvine whenever that might be is simply papering over the cracks

where did you get that snippet from???
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6447 on: December 29, 2014, 10:53:14 AM »
The fans have been VERY patient in the main. For all the moans/ rants on here at games there has been nothing until yesterday apart from a small section at the end of the QPR game. Yes there have been boos after some strange substitutions which have baffled almost all of us (not all obviously). Yesterday enough was enough. For 90 minutes I back that team and Irvine but at the end I will voice my opinion.

If that makes me a bad fan so be it, past caring and yes I will be at West Ham for 90 minutes backing them all again.

As for Irvine he may be a nice man as we are told again I don't care, he is paid well to do a job and he along with others are failing in that job (no doubt I will be told we are not in the bottom three so he is not failing etc etc), results business, we are not getting them. His record is appalling and his little band of merry men on the pitch are not backing up their words of how much they rate him with performances.

Lets hear how a few others think of him instead of the same old faces who coincidentally are practically guaranteed starts.

I understand the point you are making entirely but I'm not the slightest bit interested in who likes or doesn't like him. He can be as popular as Princess Di for all I care, if he's not good enough, he's not good enough. That is the only thing that matters.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6448 on: December 29, 2014, 10:54:22 AM »
where did you get that snippet from???

It was on WM yesterday. During the first bit of the commentary they noted that JP was there.

After the second goal they made a comment that he had left.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6449 on: December 29, 2014, 10:56:26 AM »
Well i would think AI is toast then, just depends when JP gets his ducks in line .
Albion Family !!!