Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1758677 times)

GrGr

• WBA Coach

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #5100 on: December 06, 2014, 08:07:04 AM »
Possibly. Possibly not. If season was to finish tomorrow we would still be in the Premier League.

Because Burnley, Leicester are not that much at all and QPR had a poor start. Not because we have played well. I've said before our best chance of survival under Irvine is if three other teams somehow manage to be worse than us, which is hardly a resounding endorsement. You seem content with mere survival, I have higher demands.  If Irvine stays I will simply give up watching. Wasting my life on such nonsense as Irvine serves up would be tragic. I don't think I am alone in that sentiment.

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5101 on: December 06, 2014, 08:11:22 AM »
No your are not alone. If his followers love him that much then they can go watch academy football wherever he ends up in the new year

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5102 on: December 06, 2014, 08:15:36 AM »
Because Burnley, Leicester are not that much at all and QPR had a poor start. Not because we have played well. I've said before our best chance of survival under Irvine is if three other teams somehow manage to be worse than us, which is hardly a resounding endorsement. You seem content with mere survival, I have higher demands.  If Irvine stays I will simply give up watching. Wasting my life on such nonsense as Irvine serves up would be tragic. I don't think I am alone in that sentiment.
Following on from last season, based on our summer dealings, the transition in backroom staff and  including the appointment of Alan Irvine, I would be happy with survival (and I despise the greed league and what it is creating)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5103 on: December 06, 2014, 08:16:51 AM »
You may need to look it up before coming out with a post of pure ignorance.

I have
He has no credentials whatsoever to be a premier league coach
On what basis are you saying he is proved as a top class coach?
Because he has passed an exam ?
Because Evertons youth team like him?
Because he did s great job coaching at Preston ?
Because he did a great job coaching at Sheffield Wednesday's?
Please post a link proving he is a great coach and his successes in that role
I can post a link to his record this year to prove he isn't

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5104 on: December 06, 2014, 08:22:48 AM »
The posts that i'm finding more & more bewildering are those that keep saying he's a good coach, when he came i thought that was the case but ive seen nothing in any players performances to back this up.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5105 on: December 06, 2014, 08:26:03 AM »
Jacko, I notice your post has been deleted but I don't think I have ever really given my opinion on Irvine.  My "entrenched defense" is actually just posing an alternative argument to most of the emotional bile presented and backed up generally with statements and facts to support them. I also try to highlight internet myths which would be classed as libelous in most arenas.

I hadn't realised it had been deleted, anyway, after 200 or so pages why have you suddenly decided it is the strikers at fault for our poor form?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5106 on: December 06, 2014, 08:29:30 AM »
Irvine is obviously a very good coach, he wouldn't have got the job if he wasn't.
the regime don't like it man

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5107 on: December 06, 2014, 08:30:27 AM »
I've got to be honest i think that's me done attending games now for a bit or until Irvine's gone (highly unlikely it will improve) , I may change my mind when this latest bore fest wears off but with a big Wedding to pay for next year and monthly bills to keep on top of i can't justify paying out needed money only to be bored to tears and have about three decent attacks per game when we have a squad capable of so much more. Nothing personal with Irvine but i find his football that bad to watch I can't always bring myself to watch online now if I'm not attending , i barely bothered with West Ham .
It's like one long nightmare that doesn't seem to end.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:35:58 AM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5108 on: December 06, 2014, 08:31:17 AM »
Following on from last season, based on our summer dealings, the transition in backroom staff and  including the appointment of Alan Irvine, I would be happy with survival (and I despise the greed league and what it is creating)

Yes, but the season after this will have it's own excuses. At some point we need to lift our gaze from the relegation line and actually play some football. It's been way too long since we last played decent football and I have no doubt there is so much more football in the current team and squad than what Irvine is capable of. I have to go back to the dreary 80's to recall such negative rubbish 0-0 football. That's when the league turned to the 3 points for a win system to get teams to start playing again. What is the solution next? 4 points for a win? 

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5109 on: December 06, 2014, 08:32:58 AM »
Irvine is obviously a very good coach, he wouldn't have got the job if he wasn't.

I think he does have some good to excellent coaching qualities as the improvement with Saido and also Dawson have shown but there's a big difference between coaching young players and being the man responsible for matchday tactics and for me I just don't think he has it in him to do the job needed at this club.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5110 on: December 06, 2014, 08:34:42 AM »
I hadn't realised it had been deleted, anyway, after 200 or so pages why have you suddenly decided it is the strikers at fault for our poor form?
Have I? (Although a lack of goals is not exactly the calling card of a good striker)

baggie steve

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5111 on: December 06, 2014, 08:36:04 AM »

Scraping survival playing entertaining football would do me,
But watching boring un exciting football no matter where we finish has no appeal for me.

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5112 on: December 06, 2014, 08:39:34 AM »

Nobody else would work under peace and the current rule. Until peace changes his philosophy we will always be hiring and firing . Irvine is by far the worst so far under his reign to accept they way peace wants to run a club

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5113 on: December 06, 2014, 08:42:22 AM »
Most unpopular manager/head coach since Bobby Gould ?

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5114 on: December 06, 2014, 08:43:19 AM »
Yes, but the season after this will have it's own excuses. At some point we need to lift our gaze from the relegation line and actually play some football. It's been way too long since we last played decent football and I have no doubt there is so much more football in the current team and squad than what Irvine is capable of. I have to go back to the dreary 80's to recall such negative rubbish 0-0 football. That's when the league turned to the 3 points for a win system to get teams to start playing again. What is the solution next? 4 points for a win?
Sacking another manager and bringing in 11 new players we will no doubt end up with a similar scenario next season, I agree.  Our best seasons have followed relative stability and replacing players with better players.
The greed league is set up so the rich teams become richer and the margin between top and bottom gets bigger. To break into the "elite" you have to become a rich persons play thing. Remember the days when we could properly compete with Man City and Chelsea? And then came Abramovich and the dubai dollar.

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5115 on: December 06, 2014, 08:45:25 AM »
Just sack him get it over and done with. His football will never change. I would rather be in the championship watching us have a go than in the premier with this idiot

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5116 on: December 06, 2014, 08:46:22 AM »

Nobody else would work under peace and the current rule. Until peace changes his philosophy we will always be hiring and firing . Irvine is by far the worst so far under his reign to accept they way peace wants to run a club
Internet myth alert. Probably not quite libellous.   ;)

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5117 on: December 06, 2014, 08:46:48 AM »
I think he does have some good to excellent coaching qualities as the improvement with Saido and also Dawson have shown but there's a big difference between coaching young players and being the man responsible for matchday tactics and for me I just don't think he has it in him to do the job needed at this club.

I would have put Dawsons improved development more down to playing alongside Luscott & Saido down to a full pre season & premiership defenders lack of knowledge on him then place it all down to AI coaching.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5118 on: December 06, 2014, 08:47:19 AM »
Just sack him get it over and done with. His football will never change. I would rather be in the championship watching us have a go than in the premier with this idiot
Libellous.  :o

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5119 on: December 06, 2014, 08:50:19 AM »
Most unpopular manager/head coach since Bobby Gould ?

If we still had the same 11-12k fans we had back in Gould's day, Irvine would not still be in the job.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5120 on: December 06, 2014, 08:51:08 AM »

None of that is even bordering on libel mate.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5121 on: December 06, 2014, 08:52:37 AM »

Award winning quote in my opinion.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5122 on: December 06, 2014, 08:55:26 AM »

I think he just has to find a way to balance being a well organised and hard to break down team to being a bigger threat going forward. I do think he has us playing as a team, with the players working hard for each other and being well drilled. But we are too slow going forward and lack the width, pace and creativity to break teams down. Irvine said in his post match interview on WM that he wanted us to create more chances and be better going forward so hopefully it's something which we can work on and with Varela getting more minutes he might be ready to start soon to give us some pace out wide.
the regime don't like it man

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5123 on: December 06, 2014, 08:57:48 AM »
I would have put Dawsons improved development more down to playing alongside Luscott & Saido down to a full pre season & premiership defenders lack of knowledge on him then place it all down to AI coaching.
I would agree playing alongside Lescott will have helped Dawsons game (Didn't Lescott say he came to the Albion because of Irvine  :-X) but Berahino has been a first team squad member for a number of seasons now, with pre seasons but has only just started to flourish. I'm prepared to accept it as a combination of Irvine and circumstances.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5124 on: December 06, 2014, 08:58:48 AM »
I think he just has to find a way to balance being a well organised and hard to break down team to being a bigger threat going forward. I do think he has us playing as a team, with the players working hard for each other and being well drilled. But we are too slow going forward and lack the width, pace and creativity to break teams down. Irvine said in his post match interview on WM that he wanted us to create more chances and be better going forward so hopefully it's something which we can work on and with Varela getting more minutes he might be ready to start soon to give us some pace out wide.
That's no good if he is stuck in a rigid system mate .Irvine's attitude has got to change....