Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1758677 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #4025 on: November 24, 2014, 08:04:31 PM »
It is not a criticism of Dawson, it is a criticism of the way we play?
Fair enough - the mention of Long is relevant ......it was almost standard practise under Roy and Clarke playing away against the big boys....Shane Long was isolated and chasing aimless long balls a lot of the time. Main point is that it's not just AI's management ....in fact I would say we've done it a lot less under him.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4026 on: November 24, 2014, 08:13:02 PM »
Fair enough - the mention of Long is relevant ......it was almost standard practise under Roy and Clarke playing away against the big boys....Shane Long was isolated and chasing aimless long balls a lot of the time. Main point is that it's not just AI's management ....in fact I would say we've done it a lot less under him.

That was Longs game, chasing downn the channels because the ball stuck to him about once in every ten attempts when played in to his body or feet. Has no relevance, the argument when Long was here was that Odemwingie should have been up front.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4027 on: November 24, 2014, 09:30:20 PM »
Could the Newcastle fans who were calling for him to be sacked is the question. I have always said that I didn't want Irvine as Coach or whatever his official role is, but as long as he is here he will get my backing as have many other managers and there have been a lot worse than Irvine at The Hawthorns.

He is the worst by FAR the little respect some fans have given him seems to me to be down to him being our head mam i would bet you loads that they would be givin it large if he had been signed by say Villia or them dog heads

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4028 on: November 24, 2014, 09:39:12 PM »
we the fans have never sang Alan Irvine,s name and seeing as still singing the pepe mel song shows there is no respect for him or peace inside the ground .

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4029 on: November 24, 2014, 09:50:50 PM »
we the fans have never sang Alan Irvine,s name and seeing as still singing the pepe mel song shows there is no respect for him or peace inside the ground .

You sure about that? I've heard his name being sung towards the back of the smethwick on a few occasions.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4030 on: November 24, 2014, 09:54:59 PM »
You sure about that? I've heard his name being sung towards the back of the smethwick on a few occasions.
And at Leicester.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4031 on: November 24, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »
That was Longs game, chasing downn the channels because the ball stuck to him about once in every ten attempts when played in to his body or feet. Has no relevance, the argument when Long was here was that Odemwingie should have been up front.
Long likes quality balls down the channels not the stuff he was invariably served up especially away from home. Anyway this is the Alan Irvine thread...I just don't agree that you can pin the aimless long ball tag on him as he's using it less than his two predecessors.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4032 on: November 24, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »
And at Leicester.
at the hawthorns ? not that I can hear

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4033 on: November 24, 2014, 10:21:19 PM »
at the hawthorns ? not that I can hear
The Alan 'F***ing' Irvine chant is sung regular, whether it is in support of him is for you to decide.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4034 on: November 24, 2014, 10:40:15 PM »
Currently got less points than at this point last season.

Just saying.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4035 on: November 24, 2014, 11:54:47 PM »
With us now going on to play Arsenal, West Ham Villa and Man city in the coming weeks before the end of the year can many of you see him being got rid of before the year is out?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4036 on: November 25, 2014, 02:54:55 AM »
The Alan 'F***ing' Irvine chant is sung regular, whether it is in support of him is for you to decide.

Cringe worthy and embarrassing
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BaggiesFacts

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4037 on: November 25, 2014, 07:30:52 AM »
there was nothing in his record for supporters for fans to grab hold of and respect. Respect has to be earned and at this level he has literally done nothing as the man in charge to be respected for. Not totally his fault it was imo a non sensical appointment from the powers that be that has never been satisfactorily explained!!! >:( >:(

Respect has got to be earned, but someone also has to be given the chance to earn that respect. So many big managers of today struggled in their first, second and even third appointments before getting things right and being successful. I have this feeling that some people will not be happy until Irvine is gone, whatever the reasons are for that.

It's a shame, as a fan base, regardless of personal opinions, I always thought we were quite 'supportive', however we're just like everyone else.
WBAFC - 1878

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4038 on: November 25, 2014, 08:51:28 AM »
Respect has got to be earned, but someone also has to be given the chance to earn that respect. So many big managers of today struggled in their first, second and even third appointments before getting things right and being successful. I have this feeling that some people will not be happy until Irvine is gone, whatever the reasons are for that.

It's a shame, as a fan base, regardless of personal opinions, I always thought we were quite 'supportive', however we're just like everyone else.
We are supportive in that we spend thousands to watch them. If he served up some decent football, I'm pretty sure his name would be shouted from the rooftops, unfortunately what we are seeing at the moment makes it a struggle to stay awake, let alone chant his name.
I think it grossly unfair to lambast our fanbase in this way and label us as unsupportive. I agree that some may be over zealous and the disrespectful singing on matchday is disgraceful, but that is from a tiny minority.
He is paid to entertain, we pay to be entertained, his obligation is to us not the other way around.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4039 on: November 25, 2014, 09:26:47 AM »

I dont agree with this.

If you look back to when he was appointed alot of people said they were underwhelmed but would support him as hes the man in charge and judge him after 10-15 games.

We are now around the 10-15 game mark and majority of the fans have made up their mind.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4040 on: November 25, 2014, 03:29:22 PM »
I may be totally wrong but when reading through Steve Madleys twitter profile last night i got a vibe from his tweets talking about Irvine that if we lose by considerable margin without any fight in us this weekend he could be gone. Like i say i may be completely wrong.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4041 on: November 25, 2014, 03:36:12 PM »
Part of Irvine's job is to integrate new players into the squad, that has been an abject failure.
Baggie in Southampton

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4042 on: November 25, 2014, 03:38:53 PM »
In all fairness i know i have defended him and i continued to do so after the Chelsea game but i don't see why we signed the likes of Blanco, Ideye and Gamboa if we arent going to play them or give them a fair crack of the whip. We would be much more entertaining to watch with those three in the side id bet my house on that for sure.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #4043 on: November 25, 2014, 06:25:53 PM »

I've been to every game but two this year.

I've heard Alan Irvine's name sang on plenty of occasions - I haven't heard any chanting for Pepe Mel either.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4044 on: November 25, 2014, 06:48:38 PM »
All I've heard is the 'Alan f***ing Irvine' song which is embarrassing. Not heard one Pepe Mel song.

BaggiesFacts

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4045 on: November 25, 2014, 06:51:18 PM »
We are supportive in that we spend thousands to watch them. If he served up some decent football, I'm pretty sure his name would be shouted from the rooftops, unfortunately what we are seeing at the moment makes it a struggle to stay awake, let alone chant his name.
I think it grossly unfair to lambast our fanbase in this way and label us as unsupportive. I agree that some may be over zealous and the disrespectful singing on matchday is disgraceful, but that is from a tiny minority.
He is paid to entertain, we pay to be entertained, his obligation is to us not the other way around.

Grossly unfair? Do you not feel you're overreacting slightly? Even then I don't think what I am saying is lambasting our fans at all. What I am saying is that our fans like every other club in the land at this moment in time, are starting to look at football very differently. No manager is given time, every team wants wins and success or you're kicked out the door. This isn't possible.

There has to be more understanding that exciting football and wins are all well and good but in this ever increasingly competitive league it is tough to serve that up every week.

Before I get accused of being an Irvine apologist, I'm not. I'm yet to make my mind up, but on match days the club I've supported all my life and their Head Coach will get 100% support from me.
WBAFC - 1878

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4046 on: November 25, 2014, 06:52:02 PM »
I may be totally wrong but when reading through Steve Madleys twitter profile last night i got a vibe from his tweets talking about Irvine that if we lose by considerable margin without any fight in us this weekend he could be gone. Like i say i may be completely wrong.
Any chance of posting those....i can't see them mate.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4047 on: November 25, 2014, 07:00:55 PM »
In all fairness i know i have defended him and i continued to do so after the Chelsea game but i don't see why we signed the likes of Blanco, Ideye and Gamboa if we arent going to play them or give them a fair crack of the whip. We would be much more entertaining to watch with those three in the side id bet my house on that for sure.
The simple fact is he doesn't fancy Ideye at, all he came out in the press stating he had never seen him play when we first got him and he has always distanced himself from the signing.
Saturday all was lost after 11 minutes yet we get the usual suspects coming off the bench it wouldn't have hurt to give Ideye half an hour on Saturday he might have done something.

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4048 on: November 25, 2014, 07:10:17 PM »
Frustrating and frustrated. Has for brown give him some game time ffs.irvine your as bad as Clarke with your brand and favouritism . Just  go back to where you belong coaching kids at Everton

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4049 on: November 25, 2014, 07:31:12 PM »
If we lose to both arsenal and west ham (which is unfortunately what I'm expecting to happen) then do we expect him to still be our head coach?