Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1758644 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #3200 on: October 19, 2014, 12:27:01 AM »
I agree with Devon as far as the Anfield result goes. We sat off them and got our bellies tickled by an out of form side.

Irvine has proved a few people wrong to some extent with the 3 wins but for me it is still his intent that is concerning. The only way we will get anything Monday is by having a go. Trying to contain will see us picked off easily.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3201 on: October 19, 2014, 09:13:05 AM »
I agree with Devon as far as the Anfield result goes. We sat off them and got our bellies tickled by an out of form side.

Irvine has proved a few people wrong to some extent with the 3 wins but for me it is still his intent that is concerning. The only way we will get anything Monday is by having a go. Trying to contain will see us picked off easily.

I agree 100% with this.  We need to attack Utd from start and not show any fear.  Leicester got at them and ended up scoring 5.  I hope we just don't rely on the counter attack.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3202 on: October 19, 2014, 09:20:42 AM »
14/1 for Irvine to be next Premier League casualty. Good value that is IMO.

https://m.oddschecker.com/t#football-english-premier-league-next-manager-to-leave-post

Cracking value for the bookies as they spend your money on their holidays. Harry Redknapp, Gus Poyet, Paul Lambert, are all (currently) more likely to go before Irvine.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3203 on: October 19, 2014, 10:19:41 AM »
Cracking value for the bookies as they spend your money on their holidays. Harry Redknapp, Gus Poyet, Paul Lambert, are all (currently) more likely to go before Irvine.

Spot on.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3204 on: October 19, 2014, 12:47:00 PM »
14/1 for Irvine to be next Premier League casualty. Good value that is IMO.

https://m.oddschecker.com/t#football-english-premier-league-next-manager-to-leave-post

You seriously need to move on and accept Irvine's our manager. If you want to waste your money fine, but there's no chance of Irvine going this side of Christmas, and highly unlikely to after that unless we lose pretty much every game for the next few months.

It's pretty clear Pardew's living on borrowed time, whilst given QPR's next 4 fixtures are Liverpool, Villa, Chelsea, Man City, Redknapp's going to need some inspired form to survive past November.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:50:52 PM by Dan »

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3205 on: October 19, 2014, 01:33:11 PM »
Chill out folks. I'm not parting with any cash but thanks for your concern. Was just saying that 14/1 is generous!

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3206 on: October 19, 2014, 01:36:53 PM »

I agree with you  theJacko2000
But theres No way in hell will AI set the lads up to have a go, sit back soak up the pressure & hit them on the brake is the way he will go.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3207 on: October 19, 2014, 01:51:10 PM »
The other side of the coin is that if we have a go on Monday night then we'll get picked off on the break with the likes of Di Maria, Van Persie and Falcao waiting to pounce. It's not about having a go or containment, its about striking the right balance and I think that is something we have found in our past four or five matches. I'm expecting a defeat tomorrow, of that there is no question, but I'll be very happy if we can put out a performance where at the end we say "we gave as good as we got". If that happens then I'll have no complaints.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3208 on: October 19, 2014, 03:05:44 PM »
The other side of the coin is that if we have a go on Monday night then we'll get picked off on the break with the likes of Di Maria, Van Persie and Falcao waiting to pounce. It's not about having a go or containment, its about striking the right balance and I think that is something we have found in our past four or five matches. I'm expecting a defeat tomorrow, of that there is no question, but I'll be very happy if we can put out a performance where at the end we say "we gave as good as we got". If that happens then I'll have no complaints.

We are the home we need to show them no fear, respect yes.
Foster the back 4 & Mulumbu should be enough to defend our goal, 5 flair players to control the midfield & score  its here where AI will show  us his mindset on the game.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:44:52 PM by geoff »

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3209 on: October 19, 2014, 03:46:11 PM »
Foster the back 4 & Mulumbu should be enough to defend our goal, 5 flair players to control the midfield & score its here where AI will show  is mindset

If their front 3 turn it on (RVP, Falcao, Di Maria) turn it on then hardly any keeper or defence in Europe would be ok. I think tomorrow depends on how they play, if they dont perform we have a chance if they do I cant see us geting anything.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 07:32:16 PM by leeiswba »

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3210 on: October 19, 2014, 04:07:38 PM »
Foster the back 4 & Mulumbu should be enough to defend our goal, 5 flair players to control the midfield & score  its here where AI will show  us his mindset on the game.

Seriously?

It's really naive people think we should go out to actually go all out attack against that Man U side. We'd lose - heavily. The way to play Man United is to contain them and hit them on the counter attack. If you go toe to toe with them, they'll breeze past us.

Irvine really can't win if fans expect him to go all out attacking against an attack of that quality. No manager would ever do that. Most of Leicester's goals against them were on the counter attack. Though we don't have the luxury of playing them with mass injuries and they've improved somewhat since the start of the season and no longer look like dropping points easily.

We'll probably lose tomorrow and people will blame Irvine for being cautious but no one else would play it any different. Look how Mourinho plays when he comes up against a team with a much better attack than his. Look how Real Madrid played Bayern Munich in the champions league last season. You might win plaudits going all out attack with flair players against significantly better teams but you won't win many points.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:11:56 PM by Dan »

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3211 on: October 19, 2014, 05:22:30 PM »
Seriously?

It's really naive people think we should go out to actually go all out attack against that Man U side. We'd lose - heavily. The way to play Man United is to contain them and hit them on the counter attack. If you go toe to toe with them, they'll breeze past us.

Irvine really can't win if fans expect him to go all out attacking against an attack of that quality. No manager would ever do that. Most of Leicester's goals against them were on the counter attack. Though we don't have the luxury of playing them with mass injuries and they've improved somewhat since the start of the season and no longer look like dropping points easily.

We'll probably lose tomorrow and people will blame Irvine for being cautious but no one else would play it any different. Look how Mourinho plays when he comes up against a team with a much better attack than his. Look how Real Madrid played Bayern Munich in the champions league last season. You might win plaudits going all out attack with flair players against significantly better teams but you won't win many points.

Agreed. Just play like we have been doing the last few matches and we'll give them a game. "All out attack" will simply mean we get thrashed so I don't understand the need to do this. We need to be a threat going forward and create chances of course because their defence is weak but they will destroy us going forward if we aren't disciplined and organised at the back and make it hard for them to score.
the regime don't like it man

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3212 on: October 19, 2014, 06:48:47 PM »
If their front 3 turn it on (RVP, Falcao, Di Maria) turn it on then hardly any keeper or defence in Europe cwould be ok. I think tomorrow depends on how they play, if they dont perform we have a chance if they do I cant see us geting anything.

1. RVP, Falcao, Di Maria,turn it on then hardly any keeper or defence in Europe
Than starve them of the ball
2,  I think tomorrow depends on how they play,
I dont give a fig how they play it's how we play that i want to see.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3213 on: October 19, 2014, 06:55:00 PM »
Not sure where this all out attack rubbish is coming from. I simply mean we have to get at their midfield and defence. Pressing high up the pitch. Sitting back, containment and breakaways are a recipe for disaster.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3214 on: October 19, 2014, 06:59:42 PM »
Seriously?

Seriously 
Yes & i would do this with my 5 flair players pressing them when they have the ball in there half this also would cut down their goal opportunities & get the fans rocking the ground around them.

Your way sit back & wait then hit them on the brake is ok away from home.
AI needs to shows the fans he can change his style of play from game to game & from team to team then the fans will be patting him on the back instead of getting on it.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3215 on: October 19, 2014, 09:35:59 PM »
Trade blows with a guy with bigger fists and you will lose. I love Albion having an attacking flair, but those who think we should storm them are too romantic and have not enough sense.

Attack Man U and we'll lose 6-2 or something like that, counter them and it may be 1-1 or something like that. Depends how you want to go really.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3216 on: October 20, 2014, 08:01:44 AM »
 :D Think Mulumbu could upset United...I would start him...he has to be hungry for a game and could be Irvines ace to upset the Matas and Van Persies.
Seem to remember he kept Mata very quiet last game we played against them.

Irvine will have a plan,yes he will keep us up and have a job at the end of the season.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3217 on: October 20, 2014, 09:15:20 AM »
Trade blows with a guy with bigger fists and you will lose. I love Albion having an attacking flair, but those who think we should storm them are too romantic and have not enough sense.

Attack Man U and we'll lose 6-2 or something like that, counter them and it may be 1-1 or something like that. Depends how you want to go really.

Sorry i forgot some of our fans have never seen Albion consistently take it to the opposition, boy i'am glad i watched my football when we feared no team especially at home.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3218 on: October 20, 2014, 10:47:13 AM »
We can no more go gung ho than we can park the bus, the answer lies somewhere in between.
Set up like we did against Everton we lose, set up like Tottenham we have a chance.
As most acknowledge, if their front 5 are on their game we will struggle to compete, if we can contain them however, their back line is there to be got at.
Crucial not to concede early, so think we will see a cagey start, just hope it doesn't backfire like Swansea and Everton.
Southampton have proved that they have plenty of attacking flair but we kept them in check and that was pre Lescott, so no reason not to believe we can get something. We certainly owe them one at home!

eaststandbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3219 on: October 20, 2014, 10:59:09 AM »
What was AI doing at the Stoke match yesterday with his former EVERTON boss.
I was there when The King put the ball in the Everton net.

wolverhampton baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3220 on: October 20, 2014, 11:03:41 AM »
Totally disagree wth the comments re our performance v Liverpool, we had a go at them throughout but lacked their quality in midfield. Our midfield is my only concern about our line  uo tonight, play with Mulumbuor or Yacob then we have a chance but their attacking options are imense!!!
Born and bred in Dudley

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3221 on: October 20, 2014, 11:22:59 AM »

We play Stoke before the end of the year so maybe he could have been just having a look at them and Moyes went along for a beer.
On the other hand who gives a flying?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3222 on: October 20, 2014, 11:39:52 AM »
I can't see a problem with this - we still have Stoke to play twice and Swansea once. He worked with Moyes so they sit together. I wonder if Moyes had any input into the appointment of Irvine.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3223 on: October 20, 2014, 11:46:20 AM »
Perhaps Irvine is looking for a new number 2?  :D

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3224 on: October 20, 2014, 11:48:50 AM »
Moyes probably telling him how rubbish Man U are