Author Topic: Brendan Galloway Joins Albion on Loan  (Read 63673 times)

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

Re: Brendan Galloway Joins Albion on Loan
« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2016, 04:11:08 PM »
If i remember rightly, Dichio was fantastic on loan, but not as good  when he signed  ;D

If I remember rightly Luke Moore was not fantastic on loan, and then even worse when he signed  :P

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2016, 07:45:01 PM »
Didn't we have Mulumbu and Dorrans on loan before we signed them?

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2016, 07:56:59 PM »
Mulumbu yes dorrans no
O Albion we love you

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2016, 10:08:57 PM »
Put that one down to Pulis, playing regular and scoring now in the Bundesliga and now called up for the National side, scored a hat-trick the other night albeit against San Marino

Even Arsenal and Wenger moved him on.
Baggie in Southampton

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: November 16, 2016, 12:20:05 AM »
What the hell is pulis playing at with regards the left back position, this man baffles me. Galloway in my opinion did a descent job in the games he played granted he got caught a few times but what defender doesn't. He also was an outlet on the few occasions we ventured forward the right back we employ there now maybe a better defender but he looks awkward and his left foot is only used to stand on.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: November 16, 2016, 11:05:32 AM »
Even Arsenal and Wenger moved him on.
Not the case mate.  Wenger was very keen on keeping him, a new contract was on the table for him at Arsenal but the player pushed for a move once he heard Werder Bremen were interested and with only one year left on his deal they had little choice.  Wenger was quoted in the press on this only the other day, he rated Gnabry very highly, not that its worth much to us now.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 11:08:42 AM by Signor_Maresca »
"This crack is really moreish."

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2016, 11:14:59 AM »
Here is a stat I saw yesterday which is pretty damning:

"WBA's last 7 season-long loan signings have started a combined 36 league games.  Andre Wisdom accounts for 22."

Why any club would let a young prospect join us is beyond me.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2016, 12:12:44 PM »
I don't believe they will any longer. Pulis has managed to **** that route up well and truly for us.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2016, 06:41:43 AM »
The problem is as soon as they have an off game or do something that Pulis doesn't like they are banished to the bomb squad and we all know there is no escape from that, he does it with permanent signings as well but seems even less forgiving of a loanee.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2016, 08:59:59 AM »
Here is a stat I saw yesterday which is pretty damning:

"WBA's last 7 season-long loan signings have started a combined 36 league games.  Andre Wisdom accounts for 22."

Why any club would let a young prospect join us is beyond me.
That stat looks bad, what it doesn't tell you is how many of those players deemed not good enough by Pulis are currently performing to the necessary level now he isn't the one in control. I don't feel he should be forced to pick a sub standard player simply because it's a loan deal. Gnabry seems to be the exception and even he had to move abroad because Wenger couldn't use him either.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2016, 10:18:52 AM »
That stat looks bad, what it doesn't tell you is how many of those players deemed not good enough by Pulis are currently performing to the necessary level now he isn't the one in control. I don't feel he should be forced to pick a sub standard player simply because it's a loan deal. Gnabry seems to be the exception and even he had to move abroad because Wenger couldn't use him either.
So why sign them in the first place, a little bit of prior diligence work wouldn't hurt.  Galloway was bombed out the team for very little, Nyom has looked far more suspect in recent week and is playing out of position yet keeps his place.  As for Gnabry Wenger wanted to keep him.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2016, 10:41:00 AM »
So why sign them in the first place, a little bit of prior diligence work wouldn't hurt.  Galloway was bombed out . e team for very little, Nyom has looked far more suspect in recent week and is playing out of position yet keeps his place.  As for Gnabry Wenger wanted to keep him.
This for me has been a problem at the club for a while , signing players not suited to how the manager plays . Its clear someone else other than the manager is signing these players and as much as I don't trust Pulis bringing players in it cant be right to keep doing this.
Another thing we seem to do is sign players returning from injury on loan  , why ? .....Gnabry and Pritchard looked miles off the pace .
Gnabry for instance played about 20 times in the PL in 5 years , had a bad knee injury and naturally looked rusty as hell . We all know Pulis likes his wingers to defend so why waste a valuable loan like that ? , fair play to the player for rebuilding his career but he needed to do that away from Wenger
most of all.
Galloway again is a waste but did he ever look like a Pulis fullback ?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:54:56 AM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2016, 11:13:52 AM »
So why sign them in the first place, a little bit of prior diligence work wouldn't hurt.  Galloway was bombed out the team for very little, Nyom has looked far more suspect in recent week and is playing out of position yet keeps his place.  As for Gnabry Wenger wanted to keep him.

Nyom was superb against Mahrez. Galloway was doing his best to cost us the game at home to West Ham...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #213 on: November 17, 2016, 12:21:52 PM »
Nyom was superb against Mahrez. Galloway was doing his best to cost us the game at home to West Ham...

Correct. I think Mahrez actually beat him once - all the other times Nyom had him well under control.

For me sadly Galloway is a work in progress. I have no doubt he is good, but he got found out for us and we cannot afford to take the risk playing him.

MAGA!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2016, 12:27:27 PM »

Nyom looks awkward but, he must be a nightmare for a winger as he is quick and always gets a foot in, I quite like him.
Baggie in Southampton

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2016, 12:43:19 PM »
Nyom looks awkward but, he must be a nightmare for a winger as he is quick and always gets a foot in, I quite like him.

Maybe I've been harsh on Nyom, I do like him and he is doing a sterling job as a right footer at left back but there have been games here and there where I think if Galloway had made the same errors or any other loanee for that matter they would have been out the side the following week.

Young players make mistakes, it's part of the course and if your not willing to be patient with them there's little point them being here.  Our loan deals have been poor for some time, before Pulis even, its a path we should be utilising better in my opinon.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2016, 01:02:33 PM »

Yaya Toure looks awkward to me, and the first time I saw Lukaku I though he looked awkward....and I would have both in the team no problem.

personally I think unpredictability can be a good thing......Lee Hughes was unpredictable with the ball at his feet as well, he had it under control but god knows how!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 01:21:00 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2016, 01:05:37 PM »
I'd rather we used loans to bring in more experienced players rather than young raw 'talent' that other Prem clubs don't want to risk themselves.

It looks like Jay Rodriguez isn't getting much game time, he's only made 1 start and 4 sub appearances in the Premier league, maybe he's someone we should be thinking about loaning and he would certainly boost our attacking options. Seemed like we were close to loaning him at the start of the season until he decided to fight for his place at Southampton...maybe that's changed now?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #218 on: November 17, 2016, 01:05:58 PM »
Nyom is extremely awkward in possession but defensively far better than Galloway and has done OK so far. However we so desperately need to solve this position by bringing in a genuine LB. I hope we go for Taylor.

Galloway was another really underwhelming signing at the time. A club signing as opposed to a Pulis one if ever I saw one.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #219 on: November 17, 2016, 03:31:56 PM »
Nyom is extremely awkward in possession but defensively far better than Galloway and has done OK so far. However we so desperately need to solve this position by bringing in a genuine LB. I hope we go for Taylor.

Galloway was another really underwhelming signing at the time. A club signing as opposed to a Pulis one if ever I saw one.

The question is the, why did the club sign Galloway knowing full-well Pulis wouldn't play him?!
It's not like it's an unknown quantity - Galloway will be the fourth loanee-kid under Pulis to not get games (Wisdom, Gnabry, Pritchard beforehand).

I understand Pulis is stubborn and is partly at fault, but why would the club loan in players who aren't going to be played? It makes no sense, especially when Pulis likes control with transfers.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2017, 04:17:45 PM »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:20:12 PM by barnestormer »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2017, 04:19:23 PM »
very wise
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2017, 04:27:50 PM »
just shows its best to believe nothing, pulis only said recently that he expects Galloway to be here for the season.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #223 on: January 12, 2017, 05:29:01 PM »
The question is the, why did the club sign Galloway knowing full-well Pulis wouldn't play him?!
It's not like it's an unknown quantity - Galloway will be the fourth loanee-kid under Pulis to not get games (Wisdom, Gnabry, Pritchard beforehand).

I understand Pulis is stubborn and is partly at fault, but why would the club loan in players who aren't going to be played? It makes no sense, especially when Pulis likes control with transfers.

Wisdom was signed before Pulis joined so unfair to pin that one on him. And I think with Galloway he gave him a chance but he made mistakes often (Bournemouth away, West Ham home) so he bombed him out but the intention was there to play him.

Granted Gnabry and Pritchard didn't get a chance.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #224 on: January 12, 2017, 08:07:27 PM »
Thought he was pretty poor against Derby to be honest too