Author Topic: 5 May 2019 Derby Co 3 Albion 1  (Read 39603 times)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2019, 05:40:16 PM »
I have been today and cannot fathom what we were trying to achieve. Taking on Derby with just Harper and Johansen in centre mid was futile. The defence was a shambles as it usually when we play anyone with mobile forwards. We had two good chances in the first half through Murphy, and Gayle who both missed badly. Other than that we never troubled their keeper. The front three as a unit were really poor especially Murphy who is so lightweight, and useless. Rodriguez is so bang average, and offers little, he chases back to try and cover, but always fouls in dangerous positions. Phillips and Field were introduced too late in the game, and both should be in our first eleven. Holgate has now become as bad as the rest, and Gibbs gets so isolated when he ventures forward and the attack breaks down.

Other than that a marvellous day out, spending money again watching clueless players, some of whom appear too dim to retain the shape and system that we are supposed to be playing.
 I know one thing for sure, Derby will be growing in confidence after that.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2019, 06:04:24 PM »
Kyle Bartley is the worst signing in my 50 years of supporting the Albion, I genuinely can not stand him, he is an absolute liability what Moore saw in him to sign him or Shan sees in him I can not comprehend.

Whilst he is in the side, I will no longer watch this team, he is absolute garbage.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:26:23 PM by The Black Pearl »
Baggie in Southampton

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2019, 06:35:30 PM »
Just got back, thought the travelling support was brilliant again, if that can't lift the players what else do we have to do?
Shan keeps saying he knows his best 11, well Jimmy any chance of getting them on the pitch.
We look so disorganised I beg to ask wtf are we doing in training all week?
We were 3 players short at kick off Harper, Murphy and Bartley were a waste of a shirt
I fear the worst when we meet aston scum next week.
Sorry but I'm already resigned to watching us in this league next season
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2019, 06:47:03 PM »
No urgency again, lethargic again, crying out for a Barry in the middle of that pitch again. Defensively woeful again, no creativity again, same old same old.

Had a couple of chances which we woefully wasted and thats it, got ripped apart by Derby again.

Not as though we rested players either. Not sure these players respect this coaching staff or this club as none of them bust a gut for us, none of them give the impression they would run through brick walls for us, sooner the end of the season comes and we get the clearout needed the better but problem is yet again it won't be this Summer as we'll do the usual new contracts and turn away interest by overpricing players who have not performed consistently throughout their contracts with us.

Murphy missing the sitter summed his Albion career up, Robson-Kanu's petulance summed his Albion career up and Bartley getting beaten by Waghorn for the first summed his Albion career up.

Penalty was an absolute joke, the bloke slipped, no contact at all.

Only bright spark was the goal from Johansen, hope we do try and sign him in the Summer but no doubt someone will offer £10 more as we won't go above £500 a week.

Beat the villa and all will be forgiven but just cannot see it at all but unlike this gutless bunch i'll be back next season.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2019, 07:30:51 PM »
No urgency again, lethargic again, crying out for a Barry in the middle of that pitch again. Defensively woeful again, no creativity again, same old same old.

Had a couple of chances which we woefully wasted and thats it, got ripped apart by Derby again.

Not as though we rested players either. Not sure these players respect this coaching staff or this club as none of them bust a gut for us, none of them give the impression they would run through brick walls for us, sooner the end of the season comes and we get the clearout needed the better but problem is yet again it won't be this Summer as we'll do the usual new contracts and turn away interest by overpricing players who have not performed consistently throughout their contracts with us.

Murphy missing the sitter summed his Albion career up, Robson-Kanu's petulance summed his Albion career up and Bartley getting beaten by Waghorn for the first summed his Albion career up.

Penalty was an absolute joke, the bloke slipped, no contact at all.

Only bright spark was the goal from Johansen, hope we do try and sign him in the Summer but no doubt someone will offer £10 more as we won't go above £500 a week.

Beat the villa and all will be forgiven but just cannot see it at all but unlike this gutless bunch i'll be back next season.

I am sure Bartley just caught his toe, contact was minimal but he was off balance.
Baggie in Southampton

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2019, 07:35:11 PM »
I am sure Bartley just caught his toe, contact was minimal but he was off balance.

Just seen the replay from various angles on SSN and am not convinced there was any contact, certainly not enough to make him go down if there was

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2019, 08:19:03 PM »
We started well. Rodriguez won the ball a few times high up the pitch and put one on a plate for Murphy who should have scored. We immediately after find ourselves 1-0 down. A little bit later good work on Murphy pulls one back for Gayle which could/should have been 1-1 or 1-2 (with Murphy chance).

Even so we are still in it at half time, we score perfect time after the break which should give us the momentum yet it spurs derby on more than us there second goal is just unfortunate in how it bounces then they "deceive the officials" (that's the term these days- the lad should be banned) that killed us.

What I have concluded not just from today but the season as a whole is we seem to be a team of bottlers. Bartley is perceived as a leader but he just shouts but nobody else really seems up for it- with the exception of possibly Hegazi and holgate.

We like Leeds have sleep walked into the playoffs which doesn't bode well.
HRK SENDING OFF BEYOND STUPID
O Albion we love you

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #232 on: May 05, 2019, 08:23:34 PM »
We have to have 3 genuine midfielders in there to get a semblance of control in games. That means dropping Murphy and playing with Johansen as the more advanced of 3 midfielders - not totally sure who I'd pick as the other two but we have to be a bit more solid in there.
If we play the formation we did today then we have to take the gilt edged chances because the opposition will have plenty of the ball and will create plenty of chances themselves.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: May 05, 2019, 08:26:47 PM »
Anyone know what the Cantonese is for 'I've been sold a pup"?

I reckon Lai Guochuan does.

Lai, make or break time next season for the club and for you. "Fourth richest man 'in' the West Midlands". Do you really want to p1$$ your investment up the wall?
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2019, 08:51:04 PM »
Kyle Bartley is the worst signing in my 50 years of supporting the Albion, I genuinely can not stand him, he is an absolute liability what Moore saw in him to sign him or Shan sees in him I can not comprehend.

Whilst he is in the side, I will no longer watch this team, he is absolute garbage.
Here,here he should be no where the bench let alone start Villa will murder us,every team targets him absolutely useless he is

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #235 on: May 05, 2019, 09:44:38 PM »
That was as poor as I've seen seen all season. Bartley and Murphy were shocking today.

Bring on Villa
 I'm.not confident but who the hell knows with this team.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2019, 10:52:04 AM »
Credit to Sam Johnstone yesterday - thought he was much better. Surprisingly, he has made the most amount of saves in the division. A glowing endorsement of our defending

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom