Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 361051 times)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #1250 on: December 03, 2018, 10:41:17 PM »
Ok it was a bad miss but those chances where you have to lunge forward at full stretch, there is a risk it catches the wrong part of your foot as you're not in total control of your body.
my five year old daughter would have put that away and she wouldn't be worried about her pony tail awful miss end of

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1251 on: December 03, 2018, 10:44:28 PM »
Ok it was a bad miss but those chances where you have to lunge forward at full stretch, there is a risk it catches the wrong part of your foot as you're not in total control of your body.

He was in total control though. It wasn't on the stretch he was sliding and comfortably getting to the ball.  The guy just isn't a great finisher.  He also had a bunch of other chances, air shots,  mis controls, taking too long to get his shot off, making the wrong decision, etc

We looked like we were playing with two competition winners up top.  Bit harsh on HRK, because he at least offered something in other areas of the pitch.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1252 on: December 03, 2018, 10:53:07 PM »
Needs a spell on the bench.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1253 on: December 03, 2018, 11:01:40 PM »

He does. Away from home Gayle as the outlet offers you far more. He can't finish and those games when we only get one chance and we need the net to bulge.
O Albion we love you

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1254 on: December 03, 2018, 11:35:54 PM »
Would be a top player if he could just learn to hit that donkeys ass with the banjo!!  Good touch, workrate and attitude....s.**t finsher and must score 1 chance in 5 or 6.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1255 on: December 04, 2018, 04:18:34 AM »
Terrible misses again, please come back in for him Burnley.

In an ideal world they pay what they offered for him in the summer and we get vydra on loan from them.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1256 on: December 04, 2018, 06:41:56 PM »
He was in total control though. It wasn't on the stretch he was sliding and comfortably getting to the ball.  The guy just isn't a great finisher.  He also had a bunch of other chances, air shots,  mis controls, taking too long to get his shot off, making the wrong decision, etc

We looked like we were playing with two competition winners up top.  Bit harsh on HRK, because he at least offered something in other areas of the pitch.
If you're sliding you lose some control though, that's why it's bad when tacklers go off their feet. Anyway we are agreed it was a bad miss. As for HRK's header, again he should have scored no doubt but there was a little 'clever' push in his back while he was airborne which probably didn't help.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1257 on: December 04, 2018, 09:38:42 PM »
The bench in the barbers
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1258 on: December 04, 2018, 10:46:01 PM »
I find it amazing how Jay seems to avoid a large amount criticism, he’s been poor for some time now, I’m sure he’s a really nice guy and he works hard but his performances and finishing have been way off. Hate to say it but if this was Rondon playing this way he’d being getting absolutely slated.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1259 on: December 05, 2018, 01:28:25 PM »
I find it amazing how Jay seems to avoid a large amount criticism, he’s been poor for some time now, I’m sure he’s a really nice guy and he works hard but his performances and finishing have been way off. Hate to say it but if this was Rondon playing this way he’d being getting absolutely slated.

Spot on. Also worth noting Rondon has never played as poorly for us as Rodriguez has for the majority of this season, and in a much better division too.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1260 on: December 05, 2018, 02:11:26 PM »

Spot on. Also worth noting Rondon has never played as poorly for us as Rodriguez has for the majority of this season, and in a much better division too.

Rondon in the current 4-3-3 set up would be a beast.  I'm not convinced he is a natural finisher either but would have been interesting to find out given the number of chances we now create.

JRod is a likeable footballer and there was no mention of strops or dummies out of the pram in the summer which I appreciated.  But I reckon he must be nearly in double figures for missed chances already this season (not half chances either).   He is either a decent striker who is a confidence player and has poor runs of form, or a very average striker who occasionally hits a run of good form.   It's also surprising how much his aptitude for taking penalties masks his actual goal return - although it should be noted that he doesn't win them.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 02:13:41 PM by Oldbury24 »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1261 on: December 05, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »
Given the quality of many of the chances which have fallen his way, allied to him being on penalties, he really should be on at least 16 goals by now. Hope he bags the winner on Friday. But if we fail to win and he misses as many chances as versus Brentford he can keep walking down the tunnel without bothering with a shower on the way out.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1262 on: December 05, 2018, 04:36:41 PM »
Rondon in the current 4-3-3 set up would be a beast.  I'm not convinced he is a natural finisher either but would have been interesting to find out given the number of chances we now create.

JRod is a likeable footballer and there was no mention of strops or dummies out of the pram in the summer which I appreciated.  But I reckon he must be nearly in double figures for missed chances already this season (not half chances either).   He is either a decent striker who is a confidence player and has poor runs of form, or a very average striker who occasionally hits a run of good form.   It's also surprising how much his aptitude for taking penalties masks his actual goal return - although it should be noted that he doesn't win them.
It’s a good point, his figures are bulked out by the penalties but all of them have been won my Gayle. Id love JRod to find his form but in reality I don’t think he’s good enough. If Burnley come back for him with a sensible offer I’d be tempted to take it and invest it in someone like assombalonga or even Neal Maupay.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1263 on: December 08, 2018, 09:14:55 PM »
What a player no?! The hand of Rod!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1264 on: December 08, 2018, 10:07:21 PM »
Time to shake his hand and say "goodbye"?

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1265 on: December 09, 2018, 12:29:14 AM »
Time to shake his hand and say "goodbye"?

I'll give him a hand packing if Burnley hand over the money.

Obviously there will be handkerchiefs readily available for those who cannot handle his departure.

Hopefully, we'll find a more handy player upfront after we make an handsome profit on him.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1266 on: December 09, 2018, 07:34:15 PM »
I'll give him a hand packing if Burnley hand over the money.

Obviously there will be handkerchiefs readily available for those who cannot handle his departure.

Hopefully, we'll find a more handy player upfront after we make an handsome profit on him.

What? More handy than Jay was on Friday?
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1267 on: December 09, 2018, 08:47:39 PM »
Seriously if Burnley,who could well be desperate in January came back in with 15 million you would snatch their hands off.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1268 on: December 10, 2018, 10:52:07 AM »
Seriously if Burnley,who could well be desperate in January came back in with 15 million you would snatch their hands off.
Only if we reinvested the money and Laid doesn't trouser it,has he trousered the Chadli dosh? Well soon find out

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1269 on: December 10, 2018, 04:05:40 PM »

I know he's a Burnley lad, but if they have watched him more than once or twice this season there is no way they will come in with a bid that big.   Maybe knock the ten digit off.....and at that point you have to question if it's worth selling unless he really wants to go.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1270 on: December 10, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »
Given the quality of many of the chances which have fallen his way, allied to him being on penalties, he really should be on at least 16 goals by now. Hope he bags the winner on Friday. But if we fail to win and he misses as many chances as versus Brentford he can keep walking down the tunnel without bothering with a shower on the way out.

He need never shower his arms again, SOTV  8) .

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1271 on: December 10, 2018, 06:26:44 PM »
So it's Jay's turn to be the scapegoat, a few weeks ago it was HRK I suppose if Gayle misses a couple it will be is turn next. Amazing considering that a player who  consistently misses chances and is not at our club this season is still getting praise on this forum.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1272 on: December 10, 2018, 07:01:17 PM »
So it's Jay's turn to be the scapegoat, a few weeks ago it was HRK I suppose if Gayle misses a couple it will be is turn next. Amazing considering that a player who  consistently misses chances and is not at our club this season is still getting praise on this forum.

Acknowledging his goal return could be better given the quality of chances which have fallen his way is not scapegoating, it's acknowledging his goals return could be better given the quality of chances which have fallen his way.

Personally I'm of the opinion (and that's all it is) that he really should have had a few more. Do you think his goal return could/should be better than 6 in 21 games (from open play + 4 penalties) given the quality of chances which have fallen his way at a lower level where he has infinitely more support than Rondon had in the Prem'?

As for Rondon I thought he came in for a lot of stick last season. Some was very harsh and some was bang on the money. Can't really pass comment in relation to the 'praise' he's been getting in his absence as I don't remember seeing much.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1273 on: December 11, 2018, 08:31:01 AM »
I think Rodriguez should have scored a few more but 10 in 21 games is very good. Yes 4 of them have been penalties but so what he still has to score them. I bet Afobe, Rhodes and Adams(?) wish they all had an extra goal in their scoring rates when they missed against us.

The way people talk about it you'd think all penalties are scored when in fact this season in the Championship 59 penalties have been awarded and 43 of them scored which is a 72.8% success rate.

Personally I'd be gutted if we let Rodriguez go in January as he offers plenty to the team apart from just goals. Also that would leave us one striker short so we'd have to get a replacement in, as well as a CM and possibly a RB.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1274 on: December 11, 2018, 12:06:29 PM »
I think Rodriguez should have scored a few more but 10 in 21 games is very good. Yes 4 of them have been penalties but so what he still has to score them. I bet Afobe, Rhodes and Adams(?) wish they all had an extra goal in their scoring rates when they missed against us.

Considering the amount of easy chances we have created for him 10/21 including 6/21 from open play is very poor. He should be on at least 15 by now. Dwight Gayle has won him most of those penalties, notably J-Rod has not won any for Gayle. Our best striker clearly is DG, and it is madness for him to be playing left wing, get him up front in the middle and build the team around him. J-Rod can go on the left and run around like he does with his average end quality.