Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718239 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #1050 on: April 04, 2019, 12:04:53 PM »
I wouldn’t be surprised if Colin quit Cardiff at the end of the season, so, what would be the response on all the Albion message boards to Mr Warnock being appointed our next manager? They would go into meltdown! It won’t happen but it is amusing to speculate.......

I couldn't pick a worse person to manage my club.

I would rather have Tony Pulis back here than have Neil Warnock in charge.

Imagine how hostile it would be with him in charge, I don't know one baggie who would welcome Neil Warnock.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1051 on: April 04, 2019, 12:19:10 PM »

Imagine how hostile it would be with him in charge, I don't know one baggie who would welcome Neil Warnock.

it is a pity the timing is out.  Appointing Colin would have made a fantastic April fool.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1052 on: April 04, 2019, 12:29:31 PM »

i would over pulis anyday
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1053 on: April 04, 2019, 02:53:54 PM »

That's like choosing between crabs and scabies.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1054 on: April 04, 2019, 05:25:21 PM »
I wouldn’t be surprised if Colin quit Cardiff at the end of the season, so, what would be the response on all the Albion message boards to Mr Warnock being appointed our next manager? They would go into meltdown! It won’t happen but it is amusing to speculate.......

The worst post I have ever seen on this site, I hate the man with a passion and seriously I hate very very few people. I cannot think of a football manager I despise as much as that %$£+
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1055 on: April 04, 2019, 06:16:15 PM »

Who is Colin?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1056 on: April 04, 2019, 06:50:53 PM »
Who is Colin?

Neil Warnock, anagram is Colin Wan&*r
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1057 on: April 04, 2019, 07:28:36 PM »
Not quite an anagram.

It's Neil Warnock minus the letters in the name Colin = w@nker.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1058 on: April 04, 2019, 07:44:15 PM »
What is it with you Guys? Every day another wide up. Two days ago it was Allardyce and we are now discussing f*cking Warnock. Stop it this is rock bottom there is no place left to go.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1059 on: April 04, 2019, 09:47:12 PM »
What is it with you Guys? Every day another wide up. Two days ago it was Allardyce and we are now discussing f*cking Warnock. Stop it this is rock bottom there is no place left to go.

Could be worse, we could still have a politics forum
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1060 on: April 05, 2019, 04:39:10 PM »
"Nature abhors a vacumm" - in steps Colin or Sam..............ha ha

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1061 on: April 05, 2019, 06:52:07 PM »
"Caretaker and interim managers completing at least 10 competitive games will be deemed the permanent manager".
This proviso is still current on Skybet and they are currently offering odds  of 5/4 with regard to James Shan.

I never ever bet on Albion games, but given the unfolding scenario is there a better bet around?
Seven games to a potential payday....

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1062 on: April 05, 2019, 09:13:06 PM »
"Caretaker and interim managers completing at least 10 competitive games will be deemed the permanent manager".
This proviso is still current on Skybet and they are currently offering odds  of 5/4 with regard to James Shan.

I never ever bet on Albion games, but given the unfolding scenario is there a better bet around?
Seven games to a potential payday....

Easy money mate.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1063 on: April 05, 2019, 09:28:47 PM »
Easy money mate.

I don’t trust bookies further than I can throw them, particularly when they offer so called ‘can’t lose’ bets. I have been caught too often! These devious bookies are masters at digging out information from ‘sources’ at clubs. Years ago I would be tempted by such generous odds but I have become wiser as I get older.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1064 on: April 05, 2019, 10:58:00 PM »
I don’t trust bookies further than I can throw them, particularly when they offer so called ‘can’t lose’ bets. I have been caught too often! These devious bookies are masters at digging out information from ‘sources’ at clubs. Years ago I would be tempted by such generous odds but I have become wiser as I get older.
Apart from (in my opinion) farcical 5/6 odds on for the fat bloke from Dudley, all the candidates are quoted at far longer odds than Shan.
It does not appear that the bookies are being devious, but are as much in the dark as we are.
I guess that most Albion fans are equally able to judge the club hierarchy's mentality as the bookies.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1065 on: April 06, 2019, 09:15:22 AM »
I think it's brilliant that our board had a Masterplan when they sacked Big Dave.

We really are an unstoppable force aren't we? Thanks Mark Jenkins and team for being so dynamic and ambitious on our behalf.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1066 on: April 06, 2019, 11:17:57 AM »
I think it's brilliant that our board had a Masterplan when they sacked Big Dave.

We really are an unstoppable force aren't we? Thanks Mark Jenkins and team for being so dynamic and ambitious on our behalf.

They've put all 3 years parachute money on Shan at 5/4...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1067 on: April 06, 2019, 11:36:09 AM »
There's an article in this morning's times that David Wagner is looking to return to management next season.

I've no insider knowledge, but it's him I'd put my money on.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1068 on: April 06, 2019, 12:16:29 PM »
As far as the next Head Coach is concerned, like other clubs, we will get who the decision makers want us to have not who we want, sound familiar?

For me, personally, it has to be Jokanovic, or else, imo, we will have let yet another golden opportunity slip through our fingers to take the club forward

PS. I wouldn't say no to Nuno Espírito Santo, shh, don’t tell the Dingles we’d have WW3 on our hands  ;)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1069 on: April 06, 2019, 12:19:15 PM »
There's an article in this morning's times that David Wagner is looking to return to management next season.

I've no insider knowledge, but it's him I'd put my money on.

If he is negative dull football then I’m not interested at all. Jokanovic for me. But this is a complete mess to be frank.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1070 on: April 06, 2019, 12:40:41 PM »

Not up to the job. Needs replacing.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1071 on: April 06, 2019, 12:43:04 PM »
I don't how true these rumours are but it has been said SJ has agreed to go back to Fulham in the summer.

It has to be AN if we stay down imo, and if we go up, I think we should look abroad and find someone with great knowledge of the European transfer market.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1072 on: April 06, 2019, 01:34:39 PM »
You have to hope that the club is taking stock of what its long term direction intends to be and is scouring the world, not just coaches known to this country, to find the best fit.

I hope that means we will be looking for someone who intends to work with and promote youth, likes to play progressive football and is happy to target signings but only based on the players name and reputation.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1073 on: April 06, 2019, 03:59:21 PM »
You have to hope that the club is taking stock of what its long term direction intends to be and is scouring the world, not just coaches known to this country, to find the best fit.

I hope that means we will be looking for someone who intends to work with and promote youth, likes to play progressive football and is happy to target signings but only based on the players name and reputation.

The powers that be at our club are not even capable of scouring dust bins.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1074 on: April 06, 2019, 04:52:31 PM »
No point rushing someone in after this defeat. I’d probably commit to our youth with a midfield three of Field Harper and Edwards and ditch the older players who frankly are as much to blame for our current predicament as anyone.

We should be aiming for a manager who has invention, passion and energy.

Sadly I’m not certain anyone will want to come who is half decent due to our track record of sacking managers early.