Author Topic: 10 Feb 2024 Ipswich Town 2 Albion 2  (Read 8079 times)

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2024, 04:05:41 PM »
My second attended game this season, I live in Ipswich.

I thought the travelling Albion fans were brilliant today despite the early kick-off and being on Sky plus not being an easy ground to reach from the Midlands. 

We started well for the first 30 minutes or so but Ipswich were more dominant after that so a fair result. Gutted we couldn't hold out during time added on but their equalising goal was coming.

OK was great today in his natural position until CC switched him to defence after losing Bartley which was a key moment in my opinion. It was very noticeable how knackered the players looked in the final minutes, especially Wallace.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2024, 04:39:24 PM »
Johnstone touched the ball at least 5 times alone in that run past 3 defenders,then slid it through towards Pipa in the edge of the box…at which point their defender didn’t touch the ball but brought down Pipa ..which seemed to go unnoticed

I'm not including the same move really.  But that's the decent contribution he had - would Fellows have been worse?

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2024, 04:47:15 PM »
Good away point when all's said and done

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #228 on: February 10, 2024, 04:50:36 PM »
Well i was almost right in my prediction, i forecast a 0-2baggies with a brilliant performance
Turned out a brilliant 2-2 away draw
2 great goals im very proud of the lads
Again i must point out Mowett hes an unsung hero imo

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #229 on: February 10, 2024, 04:53:43 PM »
Good away point but this is the game we needed 3 from, if we are to close the gap with Ipswich.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2024, 05:18:30 PM »
Really enjoyed the game, Okay was huge 1st half, and we lost midfield when he dropped back, I don't understand why Pieters was warming up half time and not used.
Think Dike has done hamstring again from way he instantly grabbed the back of his ankle, hope I am wrong but fear he will never stand the rigours of pro football again.
Was a very fraught end to the game and the players from both sides were spent, good away point and performance
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2024, 05:29:12 PM »
Good away point but this is the game we needed 3 from, if we are to close the gap with Ipswich.
If we can’t finish in  the top two (which looks very unlikely) catching Ipswich doesn’t matter. The most important think is to remain in 5th or 6th. At this stage the main concern is sides below us. Still I’m actually very surprised that at this stage we are in this position. I feared for us this season. CC and the team have really worked hard this season.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2024, 06:24:28 PM »
Sat with my Ipswich mate and he said " he would not want to play us in play offs, but the fates will mean they play Norwich,
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2024, 06:32:36 PM »
Ipswich are an excellent team. We didn’t allow momentum to swing, they seized  the momentum. We always want Albion to win of course but there are 2 teams out there. I am pleased with a point although I dared dream of all 3 of course.

Thought we did. We sat back and started wasting time. First 25 we were easily much better. They are a well drilled team, but they’ve now won 1 in 9. I thought they were there to beat before KO and felt that more so after half an hour. 

Fair play they rallied, but we gave them a platform to and didn’t help ourselves in my opinion.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2024, 06:47:49 PM »

Thought we did. We sat back and started wasting time. First 25 we were easily much better. They are a well drilled team, but they’ve now won 1 in 9. I thought they were there to beat before KO and felt that more so after half an hour. 

Fair play they rallied, but we gave them a platform to and didn’t help ourselves in my opinion.

Yep, we were in control of that game as much as we wanted to be until the Bartley injury.  2-0 flattered them at ours, 10 players out for us keeps them at a 1-1 with us

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2024, 07:24:00 PM »
Our home form clearly better than away, but the good news is just one really difficult away game left (Leicester). I'm sure Carlos won't be saying that to the players though.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2024, 08:00:53 PM »
Really entertaining game between two well coached sides. A joy to watch after some of the dross we have had to put up with for a good few years. Big credit to CC. Okay was brilliant, especially before he had to switch. Gutted for DD though.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 10:11:44 PM by timdon »

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2024, 08:16:38 PM »
Didn't see the game.

It was my granddaughter's 4th birthday party, helped my daughter move house mid week and also on Thursday lost my mum so it's been an extremely challenging time!

From everything I've read though sounds like they put in a stellar performance. That's all we can ask for. Wishing the best for Dike and Bartley.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #238 on: February 10, 2024, 10:25:36 PM »
Losing Bartley and moving Okay to centre back cost us.
Okay and Kipre being an unfamiliar partnership meant they went for the same header for their first equaliser, if Bartley had been on that would have been cleared.
First half Okay was absolutely bossing midfield, and we lost midfield when he moved back. I always think you should never disrupt two areas unless it's a dire emergency. I would have brought Pieters on and left midfield alone.
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2024, 11:43:58 PM »
Wonderful goal from Fellows and a great strike from Swift the obvious highlights, although we didn't create many other chances. The game swung away from our control with the injury to Bartley, and the subsequent movement of Okay from midfield to defence. He had been superb in midfield in the first half and in one movement beat 3 or 4 of their players before freeing Fellows for an early chance. Overall given the enforced change i felt we did well to get a point and the players generally gave their all. Weimann was unable to do the running that Carlos demands and I think he will be better suited by being used from the bench.
I worry about the physical capacity of our players to compete at the same level on Tuesday and then again on Friday FSTV!

« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 09:47:55 AM by iwastherein68 »
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #240 on: February 11, 2024, 09:49:52 PM »
Pretty much what '68 said.

But finally being able to catch up on watching that game, we were the better side.
We really should have had those 3 points.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #241 on: February 12, 2024, 01:28:04 AM »
Bartley injury hurt us double fold as our man of the match in yokusulu had to go cb. We missed his presence in cm. Furlong for areal presence would have been my move but hindsight is wonderful.

Thought mowatt again played well got in some great last ditch blocks and harried the ball before swift scored. Swift besides a wonder goal was poor. Fellows easily our best attacking outlet again we didn't quite have the out once he went off either.

I would have taken a point pre game and considering how the game went with Injury to Bartley and then Dike its a good point. My biggest gripe was weimann bottling that header. (If I was his teammate I would be annoyed as they ran themselves Into grou d put their bodies on the line for him to fluff a tap in)

Hopefully we can follow that up v cardiff
O Albion we love you

Albionfan1983

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #242 on: February 12, 2024, 09:50:24 AM »
I thought we did enough to win but when they got their 2nd goal the last few minutes was one way traffic so a draw suits us really.

Really feel for Dike, The bloke hasn't had much luck and i hope its not as bad and we continue to support him through this. He's an excellent centre forward when fit.

Bartley going off at half time was a big moment too. Okay shouldn't have played at CB but lack of pace from Pieters is a concern i suppose.

Fellows looks a real prospect, took his goal really well and he is now beginning to become one of our key players.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #243 on: February 12, 2024, 12:31:32 PM »
I thought we did enough to win but when they got their 2nd goal the last few minutes was one way traffic so a draw suits us really.

Really feel for Dike, The bloke hasn't had much luck and i hope its not as bad and we continue to support him through this. He's an excellent centre forward when fit.

Bartley going off at half time was a big moment too. Okay shouldn't have played at CB but lack of pace from Pieters is a concern i suppose.

Fellows looks a real prospect, took his goal really well and he is now beginning to become one of our key players.
This “lack of pace” that pieters has…would it really have been shown up by Kieffer Moore ?
Kipre isn’t slow and I don’t think Bartley would be obliterating Pieters over 20 metres so I don’t get any argument for not putting him in and leaving our midfield alone ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #244 on: February 12, 2024, 12:48:44 PM »
This “lack of pace” that pieters has…would it really have been shown up by Kieffer Moore ?
Kipre isn’t slow and I don’t think Bartley would be obliterating Pieters over 20 metres so I don’t get any argument for not putting him in and leaving our midfield alone ?

Pieters also struggles a lot with very physical forwards, he got destroyed by Hugill last year