Author Topic: 7 Jan 2024 Albion 4 Aldershot Town 1 (FA Cup 3)  (Read 11032 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

7 Jan 2024 Albion 4 Aldershot Town 1 (FA Cup 3)
« on: December 19, 2023, 05:15:52 PM »
West Bromwich Albion v Aldreshot Town

FA Cup Round 3

Sunday 7th January 2024 14.00pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

In Game Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 05:18:32 PM »
West Bromwich Albion v Aldershot Town

FA Cup Round 3

Please use this board for all your In Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules

Please keep this board Albion related, there are boards elsewhere in General Sports to discuss other games

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 05:18:54 PM »

FA Cup Round 3

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 05:22:44 PM »

FA Cup Round 3

PRICES

£15 Adults, £10 Seniors, Disabled, 17-25, £1 u17

SALE DATES

Season ticket seats, including those located in the Smethwick End, will be reserved until 3pm on Thursday, December 28.

Tickets can be purchased online, in person from the East Stand Ticket Office or by calling 0121 227 2227.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/aldershot-fa-cup-clash-now-general-sale

MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 25 POSTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OFFER TICKETS FOR SALE OR REQUEST TO BUY TICKETS ON WESTBROM.COM.
 ANYONE IGNORING THAT RULING WILL HAVE THEIR POST REMOVED.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 05:45:42 PM »
We always make too many changes for these games. I want to see Josh Griffiths. Hopefully Dike if he hasn't already figures and Pipa and Fellows from the start. Otherwise we should took play our full strength side and go for the cup. Our 2 best promotion campaigns megson and Mowbray we had great cup runs.
O Albion we love you

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023, 10:49:06 PM »
We always make too many changes for these games. I want to see Josh Griffiths. Hopefully Dike if he hasn't already figures and Pipa and Fellows from the start. Otherwise we should took play our full strength side and go for the cup. Our 2 best promotion campaigns megson and Mowbray we had great cup runs.

The club doesn't care anymore. From the moment Di Matteo played the second 11 in a League Cup quarter final at Ipswich, that's been clear to every Albion fan.

It's shameful for a club with our history in the cups to not have reached a final in so long. Not reached a semi-final in 15 years.

That will continue this year. The cups just get in the way of trying to stuff our snouts in the Premier League trough.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 10:36:46 AM »
I think with the game being moved to 2:00 and on a Sunday they have got the ticket pricing all wrong … for a start why because I am over 40 do I have to pay more than someone in their 20s … prob because of the above I’ll give it a miss
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2023, 11:35:10 AM »
Club has announced that they have given Aldershot the entire Smethwick end so should get over 10k attendance if they are up for it, which i guess they will be.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2023, 12:34:38 PM »
Just had a call from the club that my seat in the Smethwick has to be refunded and I need to book a seat elsewhere  :(  >:( Nice guy on the phone declined my suggestion of telling 'em to F OFF!
Oh well Rainbow stand or Millenium corner it is then
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2023, 05:03:27 PM »
Just had a call from the club that my seat in the Smethwick has to be refunded and I need to book a seat elsewhere  :(  >:( Nice guy on the phone declined my suggestion of telling 'em to F OFF!
Oh well Rainbow stand or Millenium corner it is then

Me and the Mrs will be in Block F2 of the East Stand. The real pain was buying two tickets together before season ticket seats are freed up on December 28th. Still, it's all extra cash for the club and balance sheet.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2023, 07:39:10 PM »
For those believing in omens, there are a worrying few similarities between Aldershot and Woking. Both are medium sized towns on the Hampshire Surrey border, and being just 12 miles apart, are one anothers closest footballing neighbours.  It also appears that Woking on that inglorious day in 1991 were at a similar level of the football pyramid (Isthmian League Premier!)  as Aldershot are now, whilst we were then at second tier level as we are now. Surely history couldn't repeat itself, could it?  :o
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Match Officials
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2023, 08:13:19 AM »
Referee: Anthony Backhouse
Assistant Referee: Mark Pottage
Assistant Referee: Michael Webb
Fourth Official: Ollie Yates

Only reffed us once before....our 0-0 at Bristol City.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2023, 09:07:47 AM »
Here's hoping Mr. Pottage doesn't have us in a stew from the touchline.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2023, 09:14:27 AM »
For those believing in omens, there are a worrying few similarities between Aldershot and Woking. Both are medium sized towns on the Hampshire Surrey border, and being just 12 miles apart, are one anothers closest footballing neighbours.  It also appears that Woking on that inglorious day in 1991 were at a similar level of the football pyramid (Isthmian League Premier!)  as Aldershot are now, whilst we were then at second tier level as we are now. Surely history couldn't repeat itself, could it?  :o

Good morning Alex. Proper little ray of sunshine to brighten a damp morning you aren't ya? Feeling fully invigorated for the challenges the day ahead brings now. Cheers for that...... but just so you're aware I can only take so much positivity in one go  8) .

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2023, 09:22:41 AM »
Coming from a village bang on the Hampshire-Surrey border, I was in a pub last week  when a group of cyclists entered wearing full Lycra fatigues whom I knew as parents of my lad.  They said that they were hiring a minibus to go up to the Hawthorns and watch the game.  It's not an especially football mad area (an atmosphere of condescension usually arises when I mention the Baggies).  However, Aldershot FC does raise some passion in parts especially when playing Woking so it's quite possible that their allocation will be taken up.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2023, 02:28:45 PM »
Coming from a village bang on the Hampshire-Surrey border, I was in a pub last week  when a group of cyclists entered wearing full Lycra fatigues whom I knew as parents of my lad.  They said that they were hiring a minibus to go up to the Hawthorns and watch the game.  It's not an especially football mad area (an atmosphere of condescension usually arises when I mention the Baggies).  However, Aldershot FC does raise some passion in parts especially when playing Woking so it's quite possible that their allocation will be taken up.

That's a bit weird !!!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2023, 03:08:19 PM »
That's a bit weird !!!

You beat me to it!!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2023, 04:06:34 PM »
You beat me to it!!!

I didn't want to say anything. Which is most unlike me. Bugger, I just know this means I'm going to be ill for Christmas now  :-X .

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2023, 04:43:22 PM »
Good morning Alex. Proper little ray of sunshine to brighten a damp morning you aren't ya? Feeling fully invigorated for the challenges the day ahead brings now. Cheers for that...... but just so you're aware I can only take so much positivity in one go  8) .
Yes Dan. I usually try to put a more positive spin on things. But this time sounding like one of those fans (and we have them here) who use being negative as a reverse psychology, so that when they always predict doom and gloom, they can never be too disappointed when we lose.
In all honesty, I don't think Corberan will allow them to mess up, even if we don't field our strongest eleven.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2023, 06:09:50 PM »
Griffiths

Pipa
Taylor
Pieters
Reach

Chalobah
Molumby

Sarmiento
Fellows
Swift/Mowatt - 45 mins each

Dike / Asante - 45 mins each

You’d hope that would be enough to win.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2023, 07:04:55 PM »
Just been to see Barnet today, they are 7 places above Aldershot in the league.

Based on what i saw today i would go:

Griffiths

Pipa          Taylor       Ajayi   Pieters/Reach

Chalobah  Molumby

Sarmiento     Swift/Mowatt  ( 45 each)     Fellows/Reach

BTA /DIke    (45 each)

Should blow them away as long as professional about it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 08:11:45 PM by gazberg »

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2023, 08:09:29 PM »

Just settle down:

CORRECTION: "whom I knew as parents of my lad's school mates"
Don't want to give the wrong impression about life in villages on the Surrey = Hants border.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2023, 03:25:17 PM »
Just settle down:

CORRECTION: "whom I knew as parents of my lad's school mates"
Don't want to give the wrong impression about life in villages on the Surrey = Hants border.
Living close to the East Anglian fens, you seem " normal for Norfolk" :-*
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Albionfan1983

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2024, 02:09:21 PM »
Carlos has said "2nd team for this" Ajayi is going to the African Nations

So expect this side

Griffiths, Pipa, Taylor, Pieters, Reach, Chalobah, Fellows, Molumby, Swift, Higgins, Dike

Subs: Wallace, Hollingshead, Swift, BTA, Bartley, Townsend, Whitwell, Heard, Love 

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2024, 02:12:10 PM »
Carlos has said "2nd team for this" Ajayi is going to the African Nations

So expect this side

Griffiths, Pipa, Taylor, Pieters, Reach, Chalobah, Fellows, Molumby, Swift, Higgins, Dike

Subs: Wallace, Hollingshead, Swift, BTA, Bartley, Townsend, Whitwell, Heard, Love
I'd like to Clearly if fit, Higgins and Whitwell play they looked quality when I saw them. Fellows plays today so Will Carlos risk him and Wallace may be injured
Albion Pride Of The Black Country