Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2550967 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #575 on: November 27, 2013, 10:28:14 PM »
Yes I was wondering if the contract situation might have influenced the fact he didn't come on.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #576 on: November 28, 2013, 08:39:43 AM »
Is it the Dingles giving him grief on tweeter 
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #577 on: November 28, 2013, 10:05:41 AM »
Is it the Dingles giving him grief on tweeter

Sadly not mate.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #578 on: November 28, 2013, 10:28:09 AM »
One of the reasons twitter is a bad thing for people like Saido. On one hand he's asking for trouble posting such cryptic messages on there and on the other some people simply shouldn't be allowed to use such sites if they can't interact with others without insulting them regardless of the situation. I know I wouldn't use sites like that if I was a footballer at a high level.

I'm still hopeful he will sign a new deal soon and that he will continue to kick on for us in time.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #579 on: November 28, 2013, 11:48:25 AM »
im wondering if hes stalling on a new deal, and thats the reason why we aint played much part in the last 2 games? seemed strange we needed an outlet on monday and he wasnt called upon.

hope it gets sorted soon, because this kid is special.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #580 on: November 28, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »

West Bromwich Albion
18 seconds ago
Steve Clarke: '"I'm confident Saido Berahino will sign a new contract within the next 24 hours"
Full story to come at www.wba.co.uk

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #581 on: November 28, 2013, 04:15:58 PM »
Brilliant news - put him in tomorrow to scare the Geordies

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #582 on: November 28, 2013, 09:49:29 PM »
Apparently a 3 and half year deal worth 20k a week, that's one hell of a pay rise.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #583 on: November 28, 2013, 10:34:01 PM »
Reading between the lines the deal is already done - just waiting for headline catching press conference tomorrow.

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #584 on: November 28, 2013, 10:51:03 PM »
Great news if it happens.....lol.

Seriously, it's about time someone came through the system for us having invested heavily in young players. Let's hope he proves his worth.

My only concern is that the sudden leap in income may send him off the rails so to speak as it often does with young players suddenly having money to burn.

He seems quite level headed with decent family support so fingers crossed it works out for all parties.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2013, 08:01:50 AM »
Excellent news, bring it on Saido!

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2013, 09:14:27 AM »
Speaking of youth players in general, is anyone else disappointed at the lack of players who actually become regulars in the Albion first team.?

I know it's difficult being a premier team and the reluctance to try the kids in matches, discounting the cups, but it seems like ages since anyone came through for our team.
Berahino and Thorne are the 1st products from the flow blown academy system developed during Ashworth's time. If we average one per year coming through into the 1st team squad from now on then that will be a significant help to the club. As has been said, there's so much competition for team spots in the premier league now, there's bound to be a very high proportion of the academy lads who never play for the 1st team.....and of course it doesn't help when clubs pinch our brighter academy talents like Izzy Brown

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #587 on: November 29, 2013, 08:44:12 PM »
Im sure that 14k will be heavily dependent on a few stipulations i.e goals, appearances etc.

I maybe wrong but I could'nt see us not protecting ourselves against a sudden loss of form or second season syndrome.

pattayabaggie

« Reply #588 on: December 02, 2013, 01:00:26 PM »
Great news! they can start playing him now would like to see how he would get on playing in Sessegnon's role cause he is becoming a liability in front of goal (please don't mention the chelsea goal that was another terrible strike!) i reckon he could blossom in that role if he sticks with Long up top, thoughts guys ?

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #589 on: December 02, 2013, 01:02:02 PM »
Now perhaps Clarke will think the poor wee mite is worth a shot in the starting line-up as what I saw at Newcastle, he doesn't exactly have much competition for a place in the team !!!

Well done son, you've earned it !
He's a lad from the Wrenna

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #590 on: December 02, 2013, 01:10:36 PM »
Good news we needed a lift. As long as he doesn't become complacent we are onto a winner. Could be a real star for us, hopefully Clarke will play him more now.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #591 on: December 02, 2013, 01:22:31 PM »
Great news! they can start playing him now would like to see how he would get on playing in Sessegnon's role cause he is becoming a liability in front of goal (please don't mention the chelsea goal that was another terrible strike!) i reckon he could blossom in that role if he sticks with Long up top, thoughts guys ?

Agree with that 100%!

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #592 on: December 02, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »
I would stick with Sess in that role - he's not playing as a striker. Assuming we are playing passing football he's the player most able to take defenders on and create some problems for the opposition. Great that Saido has signed but he's fighting it out for one of the front 3 slots in my opinion.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #593 on: December 02, 2013, 08:47:28 PM »
Have we got an extra years option on him?

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #594 on: December 02, 2013, 09:25:06 PM »
Have we got an extra years option on him?

Not that I can see anywhere.

Its low risk in a way for the club.  He isn't going to cripple the club financially over those 3 1/2 years should we get relegated.  These +1 contracts are designed to protect the club IMO.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #595 on: December 03, 2013, 07:13:15 AM »

Not that I can see anywhere.

Its low risk in a way for the club.  He isn't going to cripple the club financially over those 3 1/2 years should we get relegated.  These +1 contracts are designed to protect the club IMO.

According to either Lepko or Madely on twitter it is a straight 3 1/2 year deal with no option. Maybe that was the sticking point. We ALWAYS have an option in the clubs favour.

pattayabaggie

« Reply #596 on: December 03, 2013, 11:39:18 AM »
According to either Lepko or Madely on twitter it is a straight 3 1/2 year deal with no option. Maybe that was the sticking point. We ALWAYS have an option in the clubs favour.
Lets be honest if he develops like we think he will do then he won't be at the club in 3 1/2 years time so i wouldn't worry about the option of a extra year in the clubs favour, some of the big boys already taking a keen interest in him by the sounds of it

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #597 on: December 03, 2013, 11:41:47 AM »
Straight into the team for me.A consistant run of games
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #598 on: December 03, 2013, 11:42:50 AM »
Lets be honest if he develops like we think he will do then he won't be at the club in 3 1/2 years time so i wouldn't worry about the option of a extra year in the clubs favour, some of the big boys already taking a keen interest in him by the sounds of it

But that extra year ensures we get full value in any sale, still that is just thinking ahead, at least we have secured our most promising striker on for the next few years.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #599 on: December 03, 2013, 12:08:44 PM »
Straight into the team for me.A consistant run of games

I think he's been managed very well so far coming in and out of the side so I see no reason to change that too much now. Its a fine balancing act we need to find, he is by no means the finished article but he needs time on the pitch to improve.

I would expect that the reason he hasn't had more game time recently is the affect the contract talks have had on him, if that is indeed the case then he doesn't have that to worry about now and should be 100% focused on improving as a player and we should benefit from that.