Poll

Who will be the next West Brom manager? *FINAL VOTE*

Ralf Rangnick
Chris Hughton
Andre Villas-Boas
Ray Wilkins
Michael Appleton

Author Topic: Next Manager  (Read 1276361 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Next Manager
« Reply #600 on: May 01, 2012, 03:24:18 PM »
It seems to be a three horse racing according to Transfer Central on Twitter between Alan Curbshley, Steve Bruce and Chris Hughton.

Fourth Official on Twitter say Chris Hughton won't be going to WBA.

They are clueless the lot of them. Kept a log of which players we were linked with last summer by these sites and trust me it was bilge for the most part no reason to expect any different with regard to the appointment of a new Head Coach.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #601 on: May 01, 2012, 03:29:28 PM »

Roy Hodgson - Inter Milan - Liverpool - West Brom: I think that happened ;)

To be fair youve got me there :D

Still no chance of avb coming to us though!

WBAGinge

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #602 on: May 01, 2012, 03:32:29 PM »
To be fair youve got me there :D

Still no chance of avb coming to us though!

Your probably right, i wouldn't be holding my breath for it.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #603 on: May 01, 2012, 03:32:43 PM »
Fourth Official on Twitter say Chris Hughton won't be going to WBA.

Take what he says with a pinch of salt, he bleats on about the ones he got right but he gets so much wrong it's untrue (he often deletes the ones that don't come off).
"This crack is really moreish."

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #604 on: May 01, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »
Just wait until its announced by the club, no point speculating as ( almost ) no - one knows who our next manager will be. Specualting only causes arguements on here as one mans Mourinho is another mans Warnock.

I'm just going to sit tight and wait. Nothing will be announced until after Hodgson leaves in 2 weeks time anyway and 2 weeks of speculation will have some on here in an early grave with a heart-attack :o ;D
He's a lad from the Wrenna

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #605 on: May 01, 2012, 03:39:01 PM »
I hate waiting to see an appointment at the best of times, we'll have to be waiting till Blues fate is sealed for sure..

albiontilidie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #606 on: May 01, 2012, 03:40:29 PM »
Give us a good betting opportunity :D
Oh Nottm Oh Nottm is full of fun is full of fun

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #607 on: May 01, 2012, 03:41:18 PM »
I hate waiting to see an appointment at the best of times, we'll have to be waiting till Blues fate is sealed for sure..

We have to wait until the end of the season anyway with Hodgson not leaving until then. By which time Blues could be out of the play offs. Hopefully!  ;)

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #608 on: May 01, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »
We have to wait until the end of the season anyway with Hodgson not leaving until then. By which time Blues could be out of the play offs. Hopefully!  ;)

Very true, come on Blackpool!

I wonder how the players will play for the next two games, see Roy off well with good performances, or slack?

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #609 on: May 01, 2012, 03:50:47 PM »
Very true, come on Blackpool!

I wonder how the players will play for the next two games, see Roy off well with good performances, or slack?

A couple need to play their way onto Engerland contention !   ;)
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

reynirver

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #610 on: May 01, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »
We can't replace Hodgson with a manager on his level, because they are all unrealistic targets, we just got lucky when we got Hodgson.. Who ever comes in will be considerd as a "step back" but it certainly doesn't mean that he isn't capable of doing a good job.

I have no idea who our man is, I have no problem with inexperienced man, I think we are still the club that managers gains premier league experience from and develop to be either Mowbray og Matteo..  ;D

But its Albion so no one knows what will happen..  ;D

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #611 on: May 01, 2012, 04:52:50 PM »
AVB is way way out of our league, Im suprised people are being serious considering him, majorly unrealistic.

He was probably on over 100k a week at Chelsea what would we be offering our manager? 25k-30k absolute no chance, he will be managing in the Champions League again next season probably.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #612 on: May 01, 2012, 04:53:31 PM »
AVB is way way out of our league, Im suprised people are being serious considering him, majorly unrealistic.

He was probably on over 100k a week at Chelsea what would we be offering our manager? 25k-30k absolute no chance, he will be managing in the Champions League again next season probably.
Managers are unlikely to get that sort of money a week mate.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #613 on: May 01, 2012, 04:56:26 PM »
Managers are unlikely to get that sort of money a week mate.

I still think he would have to take at least a 60% wage cut from what he was getting at Chelsea to what he would get here. Just think he is way out of our league

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #614 on: May 01, 2012, 04:57:02 PM »
I'm sure DA and JP would of had there list together well before we knew anything, thats what we're good at.

DevonBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #615 on: May 01, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »
Claudio Ranieri? probably won't happen but has stated he wants a job in the premier league  ::)
Boing Boing!
Bye Bye Wo1ve5s

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #616 on: May 01, 2012, 05:10:53 PM »
I still think he would have to take at least a 60% wage cut from what he was getting at Chelsea to what he would get here. Just think he is way out of our league

Never mind his wage, I could never see him working within the budget limitations we provide to buy players. Would be great to have him but there's jut too many things to put him off.
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

LegendOfAstle

« Reply #617 on: May 01, 2012, 05:16:03 PM »
I just see on the betting odds list, Lee Clark and Dave Jones. Wouldn't be bad options either but not enough experience for me.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #618 on: May 01, 2012, 05:17:43 PM »
Never mind his wage, I could never see him working within the budget limitations we provide to buy players. Would be great to have him but there's jut too many things to put him off.

Exactly, he would want everything this club wouldnt offer. Not a chance will he even be considered

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #619 on: May 01, 2012, 05:22:09 PM »
Most of the names at the start of the thread would move us back into rlegation strugglers again.

My top 3 , though all with strings attached.
1. Bredan Rogers - has excellent footballing style, but just signed a new contract at Swansea 
2. Chris Hughton- dependant on Blues
3. Roberto di Matteo - dependant on whetehr Chelsea appoint new manager
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #620 on: May 01, 2012, 05:26:22 PM »
Most of the names at the start of the thread would move us back into rlegation strugglers again.

My top 3 , though all with strings attached.
1. Bredan Rogers - has excellent footballing style, but just signed a new contract at Swansea 
2. Chris Hughton- dependant on Blues
3. Roberto di Matteo - dependant on whetehr Chelsea appoint new manager

I'd personally welcome back Robbie back to be honest, but it'll be a crime if he doesn't get the Chelsea job, but I can see Abramovich doing that though, just to splash his cash. Brendan Rodgers is a superb manager to be honest.

I'd be happy if we were to lure someone like Rodgers or Paul Lambert. I guess we need someone who's proven they can work on a small budget, which to be honest Paul Lambert has done amazing with Norwich to be honest. I think Malky Mackay would be a decent shout from Cardiff as well. Maybe we want someone more experienced at Prem level.

Curbishley? It seems as if it's a split opinion over him.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #621 on: May 01, 2012, 05:38:57 PM »
Birmingham manager Chris Hughton has played down reports naming him as the leading candidate to succeed Roy Hodgson at West Brom.

Hodgson, 64, was confirmed as the new England manager on Tuesday.

However, Hughton insisted he was solely focused on trying to lead Birmingham back to the Premier League via the Championship play-offs.

"Anything else is completely out of my control and, at the moment, doesn't interest me," the 53-year-old said.

"I can only deal with anything that is fact and what is fact is that we've got a massively important game in a few days against a very, very good Blackpool team."

Interesting comment - Come on BLACKPOOL!
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #622 on: May 01, 2012, 05:42:28 PM »
Birmingham manager Chris Hughton has played down reports naming him as the leading candidate to succeed Roy Hodgson at West Brom.

Hodgson, 64, was confirmed as the new England manager on Tuesday.

However, Hughton insisted he was solely focused on trying to lead Birmingham back to the Premier League via the Championship play-offs.

"Anything else is completely out of my control and, at the moment, doesn't interest me," the 53-year-old said.

"I can only deal with anything that is fact and what is fact is that we've got a massively important game in a few days against a very, very good Blackpool team."

Interesting comment - Come on BLACKPOOL!
Hes going to say that with the play-offs coming up

Sealandair

« Reply #623 on: May 01, 2012, 05:51:22 PM »
He's the .com wind up merchant.

Entitled to his own opinion of course, but most of his posts IMO are just looking for a reaction.

Baggies4eva if your such an expert on the Albion you would know why 'sealandair' is relevant to the club.

I am not a wind up merchant, i deal only in Facts ,.

WHO told you this board Roy would be our manager a week before his appointment ?

WHO told you this board he would be gone before the end of this season to take the England job ?

WHO told this board RDM was for the high jump on the saturday night before he got the bullet?

WHO told you all Shane Long was signing ?

Sealandair Thats who.

You lot keephanging on to 'lepko's' every word.. he would saw his right arm off to have my inside knowledge/access to the club.

that is all

Tom_WBA_93

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #624 on: May 01, 2012, 05:54:08 PM »
Baggies4eva if your such an expert on the Albion you would know why 'sealandair' is relevant to the club.

I am not a wind up merchant, i deal only in Facts ,.

WHO told you this board Roy would be our manager a week before his appointment ?

WHO told you this board he would be gone before the end of this season to take the England job ?

WHO told this board RDM was for the high jump on the saturday night before he got the bullet?

WHO told you all Shane Long was signing ?

Sealandair Thats who.

You lot keephanging on to 'lepko's' every word.. he would saw his right arm off to have my inside knowledge/access to the club.

that is all

Well here's someone full of themself..