Poll

Who will be the next West Brom manager? *FINAL VOTE*

Ralf Rangnick
Chris Hughton
Andre Villas-Boas
Ray Wilkins
Michael Appleton

Author Topic: Next Manager  (Read 1276473 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Next Manager
« Reply #300 on: April 30, 2012, 12:19:58 PM »
And one of those won the league and european cup

He didn't win the European Cup
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #301 on: April 30, 2012, 12:21:39 PM »
10 years ive had my season ticket this year, Roy has given us the best season we have ever had and the half a term he did before he was fantastic!

Were not back where we have come from before, i never thought Roy would be a manager and I slated so many people on here who belived he would! He was too big for us, and to be fair he still is!

WBA to England Job is a massive jump.

If we want to move on then we have to bring in a manager who will take us to that next step, 8th in the league, a cup final, Europe??? I just do not see how getting anyone in who is no where near as good as Hodgson would be benifical to the club.

If the club are not willing to make that step and invest in a top qaulity manager, well nethier am I!

Simple!

10 years? In that case you've been spoilt.
I only go for the beer.

Wbahunty

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #302 on: April 30, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »
10 years? In that case you've been spoilt.

Indeed, but hence im only 22...that has been my lifetime!

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #303 on: April 30, 2012, 12:28:01 PM »
I would love to see Martínez as the next man in, but sadly I think he will go to a bigger club.

I would otherwise like to see phil Brown given another crack in the prem with us, or Paul jewell. I think either of them could take us to the next level.

Nearly spat my drink out then.

Surely these should be in the definitely not thread?

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #304 on: April 30, 2012, 12:30:47 PM »
Nearly spat my drink out then.

Surely these should be in the definitely not thread?

Wolves fan possibly :D
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Sloanranger

« Reply #305 on: April 30, 2012, 12:35:43 PM »
How about Paulo Di Canio? he must be worth a shout.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #306 on: April 30, 2012, 12:36:53 PM »
Indeed, but hence im only 22...that has been my lifetime!

But you have still been spoilt, hence why older fans will laugh at your stance.

I'd go for the following five in order of preference.....

1. Chris Hughton.
2. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
3. Steve McClaren
4. Gus Poyet
5. Malky Mackay

All would fit into our system and have good club records.
I only go for the beer.

LegendOfAstle

« Reply #307 on: April 30, 2012, 12:39:24 PM »
No need to be insulting now  :)

No, seriously, look at what jewell did with wigan on the smallest budget in the prem. Martínez is doing the same and alot are wanting him as manager. Why? Because hes spanish? Maybe if jewell was called jewelliniho you would be more willing. Same with Brown, these guys did amazing at small clubs, with a bit more money and our backing you never know. Worth the risk I think.

tommi

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #308 on: April 30, 2012, 12:46:12 PM »
Well Hodgson has been our first manager with PL experience and we have broken almost all our records in the league.

If the board have ANY sense they will realise this and stick to managers of the same ilk.

We have had the Robsons, Mowbrays, and RDM's who have all been (at the time) decent prospects as managers, much like Clark, Robinson, Di Caneo etc...

Simply cannot beat experience.
West Bromwich Albion F.C. - Founded 1879

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #309 on: April 30, 2012, 12:49:55 PM »
Well Hodgson has been our first manager with PL experience and we have broken almost all our records in the league.
If the board have ANY sense they will realise this and stick to managers of the same ilk.

We have had the Robsons, Mowbrays, and RDM's who have all been (at the time) decent prospects as managers, much like Clark, Robinson, Di Caneo etc...

Robson had quite a few years in charge of Middlesbrough in the top flight, yet it didn't matter when at ours.

I really don't know who I want to replace Roy. Its a bit of a difficult act to follow, while getting it wrong would have dire consequences for the club.

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #310 on: April 30, 2012, 12:54:16 PM »
No need to be insulting now  :)

No, seriously, look at what jewell did with wigan on the smallest budget in the prem. Martínez is doing the same and alot are wanting him as manager. Why? Because hes spanish? Maybe if jewell was called jewelliniho you would be more willing. Same with Brown, these guys did amazing at small clubs, with a bit more money and our backing you never know. Worth the risk I think.

Look what Jewell did at Derby......

tommi

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #311 on: April 30, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »

Why on earth would we want him.

Constantly in the media for the wrong reasons, arguing with players, NO top flight experience.

He has done less than RDM had done when he was appointed.
West Bromwich Albion F.C. - Founded 1879

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #312 on: April 30, 2012, 12:56:39 PM »
You could have reservations about all of the names on that list tbh. They all give me worries of one kind or another. Either too set in their ways, not playing the type of football most of us want to see, no experience, too much experience, etc etc etc.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens, either way, none of us has any sway over what happens and who we appoint so we just have to get behing whoever it is that comes in and see where it takes us.

Its a crying shame that just as we seem on the up, something happens to dash our hopes just like in 1979 for those who remember that far back. On the cusp of a real great team and then it all broke up and we know what happened after....... :'( :'(
He's a lad from the Wrenna

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #313 on: April 30, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »
It's important to note that any manager who is to come in, is going to have to be able to work within the structure of the club. This will rule out a lot of candidates - those who won't work under a strict budget will not come, simply put.

Savvas78

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #314 on: April 30, 2012, 12:58:37 PM »

I agree to an extent, but that then leaves only a handful of feasible candidates. Them being the dinosaurs: Curbishley, Allardyce, Bruce et al.
We've gone on holiday by mistake!

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #315 on: April 30, 2012, 12:59:51 PM »

We don't do racism at this club.
I only go for the beer.

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #316 on: April 30, 2012, 01:02:02 PM »
I agree with Greenock pros and cons with everybody, but whoever comes in we have to back, I can see some jumped up cockerknee, just dying to have a pop at Roy before a ball has been kicked. Lets not act like jumped up Cocks.
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

LegendOfAstle

« Reply #317 on: April 30, 2012, 01:04:07 PM »
Look what Jewell did at Derby......

You could say that about alot of managers. Look what mcclaren did at forest and england, look what Keane did at ipswich. Doesnt make them bad managers.

You could even say before roys appointment - look what roy did at liverpool,inter, finland. Some people are not Right for certain jobs. Jewell could be perfect for us.

Richie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #318 on: April 30, 2012, 01:07:04 PM »
My five in order would be

1. Chris Hughton
2. Roberto Martinez
3. Alan Curbishley
4. Sam Alladyce
5. Steve McLaren

That's why I dont work for any boards lol
THE SMETHWICK'S OUR HOME, THE SMETHWICK'S OUR HOME, WE ARE THE ALBION, THE SMETHWICK'S OUR HOME.

Westbrom.com FC Official top goalscorer with 26 goals - 2004 - 2006 - The Bomber Brown of this board !

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #319 on: April 30, 2012, 01:08:49 PM »
Start voting for Michael Laudrup!!!!
Plays exciting football and has experience of working with a techincal director.

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #320 on: April 30, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »
Slaven Bilic of Croatia, no one has mentioned him think he would be great.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #321 on: April 30, 2012, 01:17:25 PM »
Where you had that from?
went to get a ticket today for my young one and thay where both there on the car park walking into the hawthorns clear as day

westbrom87

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #322 on: April 30, 2012, 01:17:58 PM »
I think Di Canio and Peace would get on like a house on fire.

Wait...hang on........I think Di Canio would end up setting Peace's house on fire.

I loved Solskjaer as a player, so with a bit of heart ruling head type tought, I'd probably go for him as first choice.

Curbishley seems to be getting a lot of mentions on the NOT board, but I think that just like Hodgson is a safe bet for England, Curbishley would be a safe bet for us.  Plus he sadi no to the Dingles........TWICE.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #323 on: April 30, 2012, 01:19:17 PM »
I very much doubt that considering Hodgson is still our boss.

Could you please not post rumours like that, please, unless you can back it up.
i saw the pair of them with my own eyes today just before 10 so i can back it up an wouldnt post on here if didnt see them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not a rumour its a fact !!!!!! thay are at the hawthorns this morning
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 01:29:26 PM by smosher34 »

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #324 on: April 30, 2012, 01:19:37 PM »
went to get a ticket today for my young one and thay where both there on the car park walking into the hawthorns clear as day

Why does that mean they have been interviewed then? Doubt they would go together and its strange as all the interviewing and player recruitment is done from the training ground offices.