Poll

Who will be the next West Brom manager? *FINAL VOTE*

Ralf Rangnick
Chris Hughton
Andre Villas-Boas
Ray Wilkins
Michael Appleton

Author Topic: Next Manager  (Read 1276706 times)

WBARoberts

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Next Manager
« Reply #250 on: April 30, 2012, 10:30:31 AM »
Brum will end up winning play offs, so in that case no hughton.
Some on the list are out of the question completely, Rogers, Lambert would not come here. Not enough of a step for them.

As long as we don't get an inexperienced newbie I'm fine with any appointment.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #251 on: April 30, 2012, 10:30:46 AM »
Might Hughton still be smarting?

He knows how football works, we managed to get someone more qualified than him at the time but a move to us would be seen as a forward step for him given the issues financially at Blues. I wouldn't be surprised to see other clubs in for him in the summer though given the job he's done there.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #252 on: April 30, 2012, 10:30:50 AM »
Why would he lower himself to a club like ours? I laughed at the ridiculousness of this suggestion from a number of Dingles a couple of months back.

I don't mean to disrespect our own club but Benitez will see himself as too good for us given his CV.

Totally agree, he could have the pick of 90% of Premier League and La Liga clubs.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #253 on: April 30, 2012, 10:32:11 AM »
I would be surprised if it isn't any of those in the list, just remember the RDM appointment.

Got a feeling in my bones about Benitez though.

haha i dont think so wasnt he inter manager?! i pray we dont get holloway the hard work of the last two years will be washed away and itll be back to the mowbray days of playing great attractive football and going down.

Is RDM coming back unrealistic?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

JBullyWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #254 on: April 30, 2012, 10:32:39 AM »
Would Chris Hughton leave Blues and go to there local rivals??

Albion-Birmingham isn't that intense a rivalry, I think they only genuine backlash would be the fact that we're robbing all of their players/staff. Which of course, I think is hilarious. Maybe nab Foster and Curtis Davies while we're there just to rub it in a little more. Our summer pretty much relies entirely upon whether they get promoted or not now. 'MON BLACKPOOL!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #255 on: April 30, 2012, 10:33:56 AM »
Brum will end up winning play offs, so in that case no hughton.
Some on the list are out of the question completely, Rogers, Lambert would not come here. Not enough of a step for them.

As long as we don't get an inexperienced newbie I'm fine with any appointment.

I'm not trying to disrespect Birmingham at all but even if they win the playoffs we will probably be seen as a better option given their financial problems. As long as there are no hard feelings after last time and we want him I would be very surprised if we didn't get him regardless of what league Blues are in.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #256 on: April 30, 2012, 10:34:25 AM »
I think if we took Hughton, would make the deal for Foster that little bit more difficult as they wouldnt want to lose both to us.

Ranieri isnt a bad shout though...

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #257 on: April 30, 2012, 10:36:47 AM »
Might Hughton still be smarting?

Publically stated that JP dealt with the situation very well and they remain on good terms.
I only go for the beer.

JBullyWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #258 on: April 30, 2012, 10:38:40 AM »
I think if we took Hughton, would make the deal for Foster that little bit more difficult as they wouldnt want to lose both to us.

Would they have much of a choice considering their current financial problems? I think if they stay down there is a chance they might go into administration and end up hurtling down the leagues.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #259 on: April 30, 2012, 10:44:56 AM »
I think the Hughton one is interesting, its probably a bit disrespectful to Blues to assume he would jump to come to us, from what i have seen of him he seems a decent and loyal bloke and Blues gave him a chance which he took and i think he may well show some loyalty.

However if this whole financial thing is as bad as appears with Blues and they dont go up, cant sign players, etc he may also think that he has done all he can.

As much as i would like a Martinez, Rodgers, Lambert, Adkins for their style i also think that although we are appealing to some managers i think those managers may well look at us as a bit of a sideways move. We are probably around where we are going to finish each season so they may look and think can we actually make them that much better, where as the clubs they are at now there reputations are golden and they can afford to probably get relegated and know they would have another year in the job.

Thats not putting us down, i think we are an attractive propostion to many managers, good league position, well run, good academy, no debt, history, facilities, fanbase, etc but i also wonder how many managers who are proven or are on a high at the moment would be prepared to come in under our setup, not knocking our setup, the club is more important than any one person but not sure all managers would fancy the setup.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #260 on: April 30, 2012, 10:48:53 AM »
great, now england will be even more exciting to watch than they already were   ???

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #261 on: April 30, 2012, 10:59:25 AM »
ALAN IRVINE and DEREK MCINNES are at the hawthorns this morning ! interviews already .

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #262 on: April 30, 2012, 10:59:52 AM »
ALAN IRVINE and DEREK MCINNES are at the hawthorns this morning ! interviews already .

Where you had that from?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #263 on: April 30, 2012, 11:00:39 AM »
I think the Hughton one is interesting, its probably a bit disrespectful to Blues to assume he would jump to come to us, from what i have seen of him he seems a decent and loyal bloke and Blues gave him a chance which he took and i think he may well show some loyalty.

However if this whole financial thing is as bad as appears with Blues and they dont go up, cant sign players, etc he may also think that he has done all he can.

As much as i would like a Martinez, Rodgers, Lambert, Adkins for their style i also think that although we are appealing to some managers i think those managers may well look at us as a bit of a sideways move. We are probably around where we are going to finish each season so they may look and think can we actually make them that much better, where as the clubs they are at now there reputations are golden and they can afford to probably get relegated and know they would have another year in the job.

Thats not putting us down, i think we are an attractive propostion to many managers, good league position, well run, good academy, no debt, history, facilities, fanbase, etc but i also wonder how many managers who are proven or are on a high at the moment would be prepared to come in under our setup, not knocking our setup, the club is more important than any one person but not sure all managers would fancy the setup.

Agree for us to be attractive to a manager we have to offer them an opportunity they haven't already got. So those currently at a club in the mid to lower table premier league mix probably won't come for a bit more money which it is all it would boil down to.

There are 3 obvious candidates in the Championship Hughton, MacKay and Poyet. Unfortunately Birmingham and Cardiff are in the play - offs so one or the other might be in the Premier League with their current clubs, although as you say things look a bit dicey at Blues regardless of which Division they are in so Hughton could be tempted just by the stability we would offer.

Other than those names we might look overseas Micheal Laudrup has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread it is not beyond Ashworth and Peace to make a completely left field appointment another coup like Hodgson could be on the cards. However whoever we appoint will work with the system the club has or they will not be hired it really is that simple.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #264 on: April 30, 2012, 11:04:43 AM »
Now there is a name we forgot to mention Alan Irvine
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #265 on: April 30, 2012, 11:06:33 AM »
Now there is a name we forgot to mention Alan Irvine

Luckily the majority of us forgot.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #266 on: April 30, 2012, 11:09:06 AM »

I very much doubt that considering Hodgson is still our boss.

Could you please not post rumours like that, please, unless you can back it up.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Wbahunty

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #267 on: April 30, 2012, 11:13:28 AM »
Looks like were going to be taking a step backwards Anyone like Irvine or McIness are simply not good enough for WBA anymore. Yes if we were still in the YOYO fase but were not! Were looking to get 4 years in the premier league and push the club forward! If we get one of these managers people are naming i can only see us back on that peice of string we was on 3-4 seasons ago!

Benitez is the only manger who would be a step forward in this situation!

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #268 on: April 30, 2012, 11:14:33 AM »

Load of rubbish!!!
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #269 on: April 30, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »
Looks like were going to be taking a step backwards Anyone like Irvine or McIness are simply not good enough for WBA anymore. Yes if we were still in the YOYO fase but were not! Were looking to get 4 years in the premier league and push the club forward! If we get one of these managers people are naming i can only see us back on that peice of string we was on 3-4 seasons ago!

Benitez is the only manger who would be a step forward in this situation!

What makes you think Benitez would come to us when he could practically cherry pick the club he manages? 

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #270 on: April 30, 2012, 11:15:37 AM »
Benitez won't come as he wants European football.

As for Irvine behave, he must have took a wrong turning, dingleland is down the road.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #271 on: April 30, 2012, 11:16:53 AM »
Holloway for me play some nice football and get the entertainment back down the hawthorns.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #272 on: April 30, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
Nice football hasnt got us to this point, you can play nice football but you need to be effective at getting the result in this league. Holloway just doesnt do that at this level.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #273 on: April 30, 2012, 11:19:02 AM »
Malky Makaay - got Cardiff to a league cup final and got Cardiff to 6th place. Not bad after losing 11 players last summer. Him or Hughton for me. Or maybe holloway.
BOING BOING

tremtastic

« Reply #274 on: April 30, 2012, 11:19:38 AM »
Holloway or Martinez for me.

I want to see us playing football again.