Poll

Who will be the next West Brom manager? *FINAL VOTE*

Ralf Rangnick
Chris Hughton
Andre Villas-Boas
Ray Wilkins
Michael Appleton

Author Topic: Next Manager  (Read 1275957 times)

Wbahunty

• Youth Baggie

Re: Next Manager
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2012, 10:09:49 PM »
Stuart Pearce

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2012, 10:11:49 PM »
The great thing about Roy having come here and done a good job is that it should prevent big name managers that we aren't too small for them. It has raised our profile massively so that we don't have to bottom-fish for cheap managers.

I think he has also shown that its not impossible to work under a Director of Football. It may well increase the number of high calibre applicants for the job.

I'm a huge fan of Martinez and Hughton, but don't be surprised to see Mark Hughes in the frame if QPR go down.

I am convinced that one way or another we will have another top manager here next season.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2012, 10:12:39 PM »
Holloway for me
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2012, 10:13:13 PM »
the way our club is set up with dan ashworth etc we need a good coach, similar to roy who knows how to make teams hard to beat but with a tad more attacking ideas. so for me a younger coach but with some decent playing pedigree like poyet. i have to admit i love the passion di canio shows though. imagine him and jezza!!!!

Mossi28

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2012, 10:14:27 PM »
Collymore is just trying to wind up Baggies fans who have been tweeting him all weekend. Water of a ducks back  :P.

I hope (know) Ashworth will have a list of names as long aa que at an STO clinic in Wolverhampton. I hope some of them are from the continent in places like Germany and Scandanavia where there are some good managers we could potentially get if we offered enough money. Domestically, Chris Hughton has to be the best option if Blues dont come up (compensation may be an issue). Poyet would be difficult but if we could get him id be happy. Chris Powell has just brought Charlton up as well so could be worth a go.
Out of contract at the end of the season.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2012, 10:18:28 PM »
Colin Tattum has askd the question on his twitter account tonight. I think we will dealy appointing anyone until after the play offs. The club would want him, the fans want him, it's a double reason with Foster now as to why we want them to lose in the play offs.
Boing Boing

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2012, 10:21:18 PM »
Colin Tattum has askd the question on his twitter account tonight. I think we will dealy appointing anyone until after the play offs. The club would want him, the fans want him, it's a double reason with Foster now as to why we want them to lose in the play offs.
Am i right in thinking Foster had a fall out with one of Hughtons coaches just before he left?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

baggieheart

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »
To be fair I'm happy to go with whoever we pick we have done well of late at getting the right man. Look at our stars such as Dorrans Long Brunt and Morrison. Get the man who gets the best out of them.

Perhaps a foreign coach is the way to go.

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2012, 10:24:50 PM »
20 votes already for Martinez is surprising and perhaps based only on his recent results. Don't forget Wigan have got worse since he took over. We might end up like a Mowbray team again - attractive but relegated.

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2012, 10:25:16 PM »
I've said Hughton before so many times, and I'll say it again.

Let's hope Blues don't get promoted, then we may be in for a chance of getting him.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2012, 10:28:00 PM »
My picks at the moment:
1.Foreign coach (over to you Dan)
2.Roberto Martinez
3.Chris Hughton

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2012, 10:28:48 PM »
20 votes already for Martinez is surprising and perhaps based only on his recent results. Don't forget Wigan have got worse since he took over. We might end up like a Mowbray team again - attractive but relegated.

Why would he come to us anyway? He turned down the Villa job. I couldn't see us paying the compensation either. Hughton or Poyet for me.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »
We tried the young route with RDM it worked in the Championship but when we started to lose in the prem he was clueless. We need someone who has experiance in the Premier League and who is willing to work in the current setup. So i think we can rule Bruce,Curblishley out of the running. Hughton was on the verge last year so i expect us to go for him. I. Like i said my front 3 would be Hughton,Martinez,Holloway. All 3 have premier league experiance you can say Ian Holloway failed in the Premier League but his team went down with 39 points.This summer is going to be massive could be a big overhual  with new staff and players coming in.
BOING BOING

Pelsall_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2012, 10:41:59 PM »
Two names for me:

Walter Smith - Looking for a job in England, vastly experienced, highly respected manager.

Chris Hughton – Would need some convincing to leave the excellent job he is doing at blues. Also did a fine job at Newcastle + 14 years a coach at Spurs.

smethwickbaggie23

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2012, 10:42:04 PM »
maybe a rousing rendition of TLMS could get devout catholic Marcelo Bielsa to consider a move to the Black Country!?  :P

he has a reputation of being a little 'mad', id love it if he were mad enough to swap la liga and the europa league for us! 

okay, il stop dreaming now

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2012, 10:42:08 PM »
Karl Robinson for me 100% but McInnes was very close when RDM got the job and I would not be surprised if he was close again as JP loves him.
Gera, Gera, Gera

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2012, 10:45:34 PM »
Karl Robinson for me 100% but McInnes was very close when RDM got the job and I would not be surprised if he was close again as JP loves him.

Is that barrel scraping I hear there (on both accounts !).
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2012, 10:45:57 PM »
Two names for me:

Walter Smith - Looking for a job in England, vastly experienced, highly respected manager.

Chris Hughton – Would need some convincing to leave the excellent job he is doing at blues. Also did a fine job at Newcastle + 14 years a coach at Spurs.

Walter Smith...........big eck springs to mind!.....or flippin eck

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2012, 10:46:34 PM »
Does anyone know to what extent bridges were burned between Peace and Hughton when the latter came very close to getting the job once before? For me, Hughton has done amazing things at Blues this season given their off field problems and would be the stand-out candidate for me, but I am concerned about what might have transpired when he was in the frame once before.

However, if Blues get promoted, it would make getting him a lot more awkward regardless though.....

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2012, 10:48:30 PM »
Two names for me:

If fans have been annoyed with Roy Hodgson this seson, god help them if we appointed Walter Smith!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »
Does anyone know to what extent bridges were burned between Peace and Hughton when the latter came very close to getting the job once before? For me, Hughton has done amazing things at Blues this season given their off field problems and would be the stand-out candidate for me, but I am concerned about what might have transpired when he was in the frame once before.

However, if Blues get promoted, it would make getting him a lot more awkward regardless though.....

Roy orignally didnt want the job due to his recent sacking at Liverpool, so we went for Hughton but at the last minute Hodgson changed his mind. Hughton did say he was thankfull to JP for giving him a interview though which was nice of Hughton to be fair.
BOING BOING

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2012, 10:49:39 PM »
I've been busy today and have just seen the news.......... SH!!!!!T  :-[
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2012, 10:53:59 PM »
chris Hughtons the man for me..proved he can do it

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2012, 10:54:28 PM »
chris Hughtons the man for me..proved he can do it

He hasn't proven anything in the Premier League.

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2012, 10:56:57 PM »
I'm struggling with an immediately obvious replacement. I want somebody who will play football and Martinez would be a superb appointment.