Author Topic: Boaz Myhill  (Read 135806 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Boaz Myhill
« Reply #475 on: July 31, 2018, 05:40:37 PM »
I think they’ve had to go back to him because they realise how hard it is to get a goalkeeper to sign who knows he’ll likely never play but will need to be ready to. The guy from Sheffield United (Moore?) being a prime example.

Shouldn't be too hard given the lists and lists of players we apparently have on players including when their deals run out. All depends how much effort you actually put in. I would hope that his wage is minimal as anything other is a waste of funds. We're not Man Utd or Chelsea who can afford to have 3rd keepers on decent wages.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #476 on: July 31, 2018, 05:44:29 PM »
As long as the terms aren't huge I'm ok with it , SJ has been injured some of Pre season while Bond has had previous injuries.
I don't think Myhills as bad as some make out either.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #477 on: July 31, 2018, 06:06:02 PM »
Exactly, gotta put our 100% faith in Darren Moores decisions.
No we haven't, we each have to assess his decisions on how we see them. There's no point in having a forum otherwise.

As far as Myhill's concerned, we've always managed with 2 keepers plus a youth team back-up before, so I don't see the need to change that policy now. Myhill also significantly blotted his copybook last season. As it stands, 3 of the 4 who were involved in that are still at the club, which I'm rather disappointed about.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 06:09:43 PM by WorcsWBA »

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #478 on: July 31, 2018, 06:12:54 PM »
Not overly impressed with the club yet again and why officially release him then weeks later re-sign. Seems systematic of the club holding onto players too long.

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #479 on: July 31, 2018, 06:28:42 PM »
I'm in agreement with Oldbury.
Why on earth would we keep someone as 3rd choice when we didn't want him as 2nd choice. That shows a lack of aptitude for progress and taking an easy option.
My earlier post was a little more sympathetic to the club and resigning him but ion thinking about it a bit more I now believe it is a shocking signing and shows the level of ambition we may find.
As far as I know he hasn't played in any pre-season matches of note and is unlikely to feature much according to this forum. So logic says he should be gone. It would be interesting to find how many times over recent seasons the 3rd choice keeper has been called upon.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #480 on: July 31, 2018, 06:32:40 PM »
As long as the terms aren't huge I'm ok with it , SJ has been injured some of Pre season while Bond has had previous injuries.
I don't think Myhills as bad as some make out either.

I'm with you I don't see what the fuss is about. We have two young keepers adding a bit of experience to the group I don't see as a problem.

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #481 on: July 31, 2018, 06:58:35 PM »
Am I in the minority here? Just makes sense to me. Why buy a 3rd goalkeeper for cash when we've got a capable number 3 on the books already. He might even be better than Bond.

We might require a more quality number 2 next year if we get promoted pushing Bond to number 3.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #482 on: July 31, 2018, 07:05:57 PM »
Am I in the minority here? Just makes sense to me.

No your not. Boaz is good back-up, experienced, knows the club and the set-up and won't need any time to acclimatise. Cost us nothing save his wages, makes perfect sense to spend the budget we have elsewhere. Another sensible transfer market decision this summer.

baggieboy74

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #483 on: July 31, 2018, 07:53:18 PM »
If this isn't proof that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.....I'm not objecting to his signing it probably makes sense but FFS we are a mess behind the scenes and that is not good for anybody.

dannywba93

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #484 on: July 31, 2018, 08:18:45 PM »
Boaz has just totally missed a kick which rolls beyond him into the net after 8mins against chasetown
you are my albion

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #485 on: July 31, 2018, 08:23:49 PM »
No your not. Boaz is good back-up, experienced, knows the club and the set-up and won't need any time to acclimatise. Cost us nothing save his wages, makes perfect sense to spend the budget we have elsewhere. Another sensible transfer market decision this summer.
IMO this is a good decision

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #486 on: July 31, 2018, 08:41:21 PM »
Boaz has just totally missed a kick which rolls beyond him into the net after 8mins against chasetown

Should come as no surprise. He is utterly useless, yet people laud his signing...

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #487 on: July 31, 2018, 08:58:55 PM »
Cost us nothing save his wages, makes perfect sense to spend the budget we have elsewhere. Another sensible transfer market decision this summer.
In other words, we're wasting wages (whilst supposedly still having issues with FFP) for the sake of having a third choice keeper that we don't actually need.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #488 on: July 31, 2018, 11:39:11 PM »
One in goal
One on the bench

It takes one injury and you are one match from a big problem, look at Burnley last week had to bring lindegaard on
He's a great shot stopper, he will help the other two and he has always been ready when we have needed him....don't get the issue
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #489 on: August 01, 2018, 05:09:40 AM »
One in goal
One on the bench

It takes one injury and you are one match from a big problem, look at Burnley last week had to bring lindegaard on
He's a great shot stopper, he will help the other two and he has always been ready when we have needed him....don't get the issue

The issue is they released him then had him doing a pre season with us, then back tracked and signed him anyway. And they are doing the same with Morrison.

The club refuse to move on and don’t like dealing with change.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #490 on: August 01, 2018, 05:13:09 AM »
As someone on Tweeter said

“Albion fans making a mountain out of a Myhill”  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #491 on: August 01, 2018, 08:17:44 AM »
resigning Boaz == short sightedness and taking the easy option
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #492 on: August 01, 2018, 08:30:41 AM »

Love that, ain't it true!

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #493 on: August 01, 2018, 08:41:00 AM »

Genius  ;D

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #494 on: August 01, 2018, 09:26:05 AM »
I do wonder what his weekly wage will now be. It was always rumoured that he was on £30,000 per week with us previously. If it is even one third of that, he will still be taking over half a million from us this season which I find difficult to stomach.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #495 on: August 01, 2018, 09:35:58 AM »
One in goal
One on the bench

He's a great shot stopper*, he will help the other two and he has always been ready when we have needed him....don't get the issue

* unless its low.

Last time I remember watching him play it was like he was playing statues.  He's well past his sell by date, but if he's cheap and provides the opportunity for Palmer to play some games (somewhere else) so that we can become confident in him filling the role (or not) then it's an OK stop-gap for 1 year.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #496 on: August 01, 2018, 11:41:08 AM »
All goalie's do that once in a while, so don't pass the ball back directly towards the goal!

I'm quite happy to have him here as backup, he knows what he's doing generally.  And there was the penalty save at Old Trafford...

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #497 on: August 01, 2018, 11:49:16 AM »
Let's be honest, he's not number 1, won't play much unless Johnstone gets injured, so will be number 2 or 3. For that he is fine

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #498 on: August 01, 2018, 02:44:08 PM »
Maybe he's in a semi-coaching role too?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #499 on: August 01, 2018, 02:51:54 PM »
Maybe he's in a semi-coaching role too?

Are you suggesting he's there to stiffen things up at the back a bit behind the scenes  :o  ;D  ;) ?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.