Author Topic: Anything Stoke  (Read 300357 times)

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

Re: Anything Stoke
« Reply #1000 on: September 01, 2018, 06:28:20 PM »
I'm enjoying this season so far. Doens't that tell you everything you need to know.

Sod the Prem. Unless we get back up there again of course.

:D
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1001 on: September 02, 2018, 09:36:14 AM »
Few observations on Stoke.

On paper they have the strongest squad in the League by some distance. Although I suspect there are one or two players in there whose reputations and fees are not wholly justified. That said if Rowett does not get this team into the play off's he is a poor Head Coach.

I have always thought that Rowett was overrated. His reputation was largely based on getting modest teams organised and disciplined and it was greatly enhanced by the chaos that broke out at Blues after he left which made his work there look better than it was. Having one of the better teams in the Division is a different challenge and I'm not so sure he has the imagination for it.

A word about Berahino. While he has largely been the author of his own demise with his off the pitch antics I cannot believe that he has managed to find 3 coaches at Stoke who do not have the 1st clue as to how to use him. It is really very simple like Gayle get the ball to his feet in the box and he will score (although after so long I am not sure about this). Don't do that and it is like playing with 10 men. As soon as I saw him line up in a 4-4-2 as the secondary striker in a team geared up toward getting crosses into the box I knew he wasn't going to come back to haunt us.

Joe Allen might be the best  passer of the ball in the Championship but with the other 9 players stood like statues he isn't going to hurt teams as much as he should. Envious of Woods and when he came on you could see the potential of an Allen Woods axis in midfield, yet this was nullified by the complete lack of movement ahead of the ball.

Across the season they will do better because they have too much quality in the squad not to see off most of the teams in the Championship (they won't double dip or at least they shouldn't) but at the moment I wouldn't back them for a promotion challenge.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1002 on: September 02, 2018, 10:38:25 AM »
It seems Rowett has too many players to pick from, although they have let a few of their big name flops go in the last couple of weeks.

I just can't write them off with all of the quality they have and what they still have to come back. Clucas, Ince and Woods all still need to be incorporated into the team, and Etebo looks a good buy, not to mention pkayers like Adam, Fletcher, Martins indi who could still do something in this division. Their strike force is not as good as it first seemed, but Bojan, Berahino, Afobe and Diouf should still be better than most.

Their 2 issues are that they have a lot of good championship players who are no better than this level (McLean, Ince, Afobe, Clucas all brought in). Put together, has their collective averageness pulled the squad down?

Rowett is also now having question markers. He did ok at Derby but their fans couldn't stand his football and now they are doing better without him. Is he an average manager who isn't flexible enough to find a formation that works at Stoke? (because with their squad on paper, most good managers would have them challenging, and good ones would walk the league).
Boing Boing

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1003 on: September 02, 2018, 11:46:44 AM »
It seems Rowett has too many players to pick from, although they have let a few of their big name flops go in the last couple of weeks.

I just can't write them off with all of the quality they have and what they still have to come back. Clucas, Ince and Woods all still need to be incorporated into the team, and Etebo looks a good buy, not to mention pkayers like Adam, Fletcher, Martins indi who could still do something in this division. Their strike force is not as good as it first seemed, but Bojan, Berahino, Afobe and Diouf should still be better than most.

Their 2 issues are that they have a lot of good championship players who are no better than this level (McLean, Ince, Afobe, Clucas all brought in). Put together, has their collective averageness pulled the squad down?

Rowett is also now having question markers. He did ok at Derby but their fans couldn't stand his football and now they are doing better without him. Is he an average manager who isn't flexible enough to find a formation that works at Stoke? (because with their squad on paper, most good managers would have them challenging, and good ones would walk the league).
Its no good having the cream of musicians in an orchestra if the conductor is shi te,rowett is cut from the same cloth as pulis and for me way overated

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1004 on: September 02, 2018, 11:53:44 AM »
Stoke are screaming out for a couple of strikers. Berahino is about as useful as an backside without a hole and Crouch is about 104 years old. .......... and they're probably the best they have.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1005 on: September 02, 2018, 12:14:57 PM »
Stoke are screaming out for a couple of strikers. Berahino is about as useful as an backside without a hole and Crouch is about 104 years old. .......... and they're probably the best they have.

;D

Made me laugh this comment.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1006 on: September 02, 2018, 12:35:27 PM »

It is rather kardashianesq still, isn't it  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1007 on: September 02, 2018, 08:12:01 PM »
Oatcake is a good read today! This one made me smile.

Rowettball is like Pulisball, only with a square ball.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/282162/bromwich-albion-stoke-match-thread?page=6#ixzz5PyOvm6wq
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1008 on: September 03, 2018, 10:10:29 AM »
Oatcake is a good read today! This one made me smile.

Rowettball is like Pulisball, only with a square ball.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/282162/bromwich-albion-stoke-match-thread?page=6#ixzz5PyOvm6wq

Really funny reading from page 16 when they missed the penalty
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1009 on: September 03, 2018, 12:40:27 PM »
Really funny reading from page 16 when they missed the penalty

not a happy bunch are they

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1010 on: September 06, 2018, 10:40:06 AM »
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1011 on: September 06, 2018, 01:18:15 PM »
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/282334/mcclean-broken-arm

not sure if they are happy or not...

I don't think they are that bothered about James, more bothered about the fact that they have no wingers at all now.

They do make me smile - two weeks ago they were saying how awful James was, and before that absolutely slating Saido [until he may have scored a goal :)], and many of the team selections posted by fans for our game included both up front!

They are seriously worried about a double drop......
MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1012 on: September 06, 2018, 01:28:18 PM »
I think this is class

Peter and John Coates may as well have pooh in a giant sock, swung it around their heads and splattered the fans in their own excrement as well as that pack of lies statement back in May.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/282334/mcclean-broken-arm#ixzz5QK9NjniX
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1013 on: January 08, 2019, 10:19:52 AM »
Stoke are looking for a new manager
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1014 on: January 08, 2019, 10:50:03 AM »
Stoke are looking for a new manager

Time for Pardew to make a comeback methinks  ;D

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1015 on: January 09, 2019, 01:13:20 PM »
They have appointed Nathan Jones from Luton.

Fair enough not appointing another merry go round manager like Moyes. I don't know much about Jones but its a big step up.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1016 on: January 09, 2019, 01:22:27 PM »

Fair enough not appointing another merry go round manager like Moyes. I don't know much about Jones but its a big step up.

Not a big fan of phones apparently, or writing come to that either  ;D  ;) :

"You packed your bags as I recall
And you walked slowly down the hall
You said you had to get away to ease your mind
And all you needed was a little of time
Oh winter's passed spring and fall
You never rung me, you never called

Nathan Jones you've been gone too long
Gone too long

If a woman could die of tears
Nathan Jones, well, I wouldn't be here
The key that you're holding won't fit my door
And there's no room in my heart for you no more

Gone too long
Nathan Jones

Gone too long

Gone too long".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSSpPkMlb98
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1017 on: January 09, 2019, 01:24:57 PM »

Seems to be a good, younger manager, the type many are going for now. Hopefully it doesn't work out for them  ;D

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1018 on: January 09, 2019, 03:17:18 PM »
Fair play to them for trying something new, a bit like us and Darren really...........

I seem to recall that Rowett was the 'man in demand' not so long ago, that went well didn't it?  ;D
MAGA!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1019 on: January 09, 2019, 04:28:38 PM »
He was the future once.
What was his payoff for failure?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1020 on: January 12, 2019, 10:39:32 PM »
New Manager Bounce... or Nah!!   :P
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1021 on: January 12, 2019, 11:19:02 PM »
I sat in the halfords directly behind Jones against Luton and he's a small guy who jumps up and down a lot.

I can see the likes of degenerate Adam telling him to "f off little man I've played for Liverpool".

Be interesting to see how he does, but I hope he fails miserably as I hate Stoke.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1022 on: January 12, 2019, 11:25:44 PM »
I sat in the halfords directly behind Jones against Luton and he's a small guy who jumps up and down a lot.

I can see the likes of degenerate Adam telling him to "f off little man I've played for Liverpool".

Be interesting to see how he does, but I hope he fails miserably as I hate Stoke.

Their fans are genuinely worried about going down... Now where's Albionic??  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1023 on: January 12, 2019, 11:42:56 PM »

Their fans are genuinely worried about going down... Now where's Albionic??  ;D

I love reading the Oatcake fansite it's funny as.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1024 on: January 15, 2019, 09:58:43 PM »
Just lost to Shrewsbury at home.😁