Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2534597 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #600 on: December 03, 2013, 01:12:56 PM »
I think he's been managed very well so far coming in and out of the side so I see no reason to change that too much now. Its a fine balancing act we need to find, he is by no means the finished article but he needs time on the pitch to improve.

I would expect that the reason he hasn't had more game time recently is the affect the contract talks have had on him, if that is indeed the case then he doesn't have that to worry about now and should be 100% focused on improving as a player and we should benefit from that.

He has played and scored in 3 of our 4 wins this season. They need to get him into the team.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #601 on: December 03, 2013, 01:18:15 PM »
I'm sure they will get him in the team I just don't think they will be throwing him in to start every game, as I said its a fine balancing act we need to find. In that period where he scored those goals he got to a point where it was virtually impossible for Clarke to leave him out, the first chance he gets he needs to get to that standard again.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #602 on: December 03, 2013, 02:05:58 PM »
Glad it's all finally done and dusted.

I'd like to see him start against Norwich and Hull, not as a lone striker but in the hole or out wide left.

An attacking 5 of Berahino, Long, Sessegnon, Gera and Amilfitano should cause those defences problems.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #603 on: December 03, 2013, 06:53:32 PM »
I don't think the question of a years option is an issue at all. If he continues to progress he will have another new contract in front of him in 12 month's time, as Mulumbu did
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #604 on: January 29, 2014, 11:39:30 PM »
is there a conspiracy throughout the club that restricts his time on the pitch,he hardly gets a game and is easily our best chance of a goal,in tonights express and star brunty is saying we have to be careful with him and not to play him because the expectancy might become to great for such a young player,the situation with his  time on the pitch and the predicament we are in ,is becoming beyond a joke

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #605 on: January 29, 2014, 11:43:00 PM »
is there a conspiracy throughout the club that restricts his time on the pitch,he hardly gets a game and is easily our best chance of a goal,in tonights express and star brunty is saying we have to be careful with him and not to play him because the expectancy might become to great for such a young player,the situation with his  time on the pitch and the predicament we are in ,is becoming beyond a joke

How many young up and coming footballers are regularly playing for their clubs.That's nonsense
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #606 on: January 29, 2014, 11:44:54 PM »

How many young up and coming footballers are regularly playing for their clubs.That's nonsense

The United lad seems to play most weeks, Januzaj.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #607 on: January 29, 2014, 11:46:44 PM »

Barkley at Everton

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #608 on: January 29, 2014, 11:47:29 PM »

Ross Barkley, Ravel Morrison are another 2 of the top of my head.

I would rather Saido played and either Vic or Anelka, than play Vic and Anelka together
Baggie Terra

valleybaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #609 on: January 29, 2014, 11:48:13 PM »
top scorer on the bench when we need to score goals to win games could you see liverpool sticking suarez on the bench for five weeks. when he's played he's looked our most potent striker  he should at least get half a game every match

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #610 on: January 29, 2014, 11:49:13 PM »

you think its nonsense that he is the best chance that we have of getting a goal,if he were at top 6 club he wouldn't play,any bottom 6 club ie us,would play him a dam sight more than we do

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #611 on: January 29, 2014, 11:53:04 PM »
He has to be playing more from what I have seen of our strikers this season, Berahino has looked the most likely to win us games and points and the most threatening. Yet fourteen times this season he has come off the bench. He needs to be starting more games.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #612 on: January 29, 2014, 11:53:44 PM »
you think its nonsense that he is the best chance that we have of getting a goal,if he were at top 6 club he wouldn't play,any bottom 6 club ie us,would play him a dam sight more than we do

I mean its nonsense we don't play him when other clubs regularly play players of the same age.Grooming and worrying about blooding him and burnout. We need him on the pitch.If you are good enough you are old enough

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #613 on: January 30, 2014, 12:06:40 AM »
The rumors are he has gone "gansta" since the contract and he's not being played due to attitude. This could all be rumor and hear'say of course.
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #614 on: January 30, 2014, 12:28:09 AM »
Didn't he have issues/bust up when out on loan at Brentford? Does appear to have an attitude problem which is sad when the club gave him an opportunity after escaping the civil war in Burundi.

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #615 on: January 30, 2014, 12:49:00 AM »
couldn't care less what his attitude is like, he is the only striker who even looks likely to put the ball in the net on a regular basis.
Baggie Terra

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #616 on: January 30, 2014, 10:39:41 AM »
I can only assume he is picked on performances in training and not match days which for me is wrong. Some players (at all levels) are great in training yet don't perform in matches and vice versa. He is not a kid anymore so all this talk of protecting him is rubbish IMO. Look at players like Rooney, Owen, Fowler, Wilshere, Barkley, Walcott etc. They have been thrown right in at very young ages and it's never caused them any problems.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #617 on: January 30, 2014, 11:17:54 AM »
Ibrahimavic seems quite moody but would we give him 10 minutes here or there?
I may be wrong but it would seem if there was a fall out that kiely/downing are keeping a grudge and influencing Mel's thoughts?
Couldn't care less if he's turning up in a wolves tracksuit, with villa boots and bringing a posse of "bitches"to training with him....he's either good enough (so play him) or not (so sell him) and while we are on it if I was VYDRA I'd get a bloody shotgun and take out Clarke , kiely then downing , then sit down with Mel and say "look do you think 7 minutes every 3 matches is fair"?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #618 on: February 01, 2014, 01:41:06 PM »
tale of 2 managers both have 20 year olds with great prospects one coach says yes he has great potential , but we must keep him grounded and bring him along slowly other coach says get out there and play son , you will make mistakes but we will live with that as long as you learn from them and put the effort in
result one coach fighting for champions league spot and his player has a full england cap , other coach 's team is being sucked into relegation battle.
no prizes for guessing the coaches were Martinez and Clarke ( we know its Mel now but he is still probably taking advice from coaching staff , lets hope he has a different view very quickly)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #619 on: February 01, 2014, 01:46:58 PM »
tale of 2 managers both have 20 year olds with great prospects one coach says yes he has great potential , but we must keep him grounded and bring him along slowly other coach says get out there and play son , you will make mistakes but we will live with that as long as you learn from them and put the effort in
result one coach fighting for champions league spot and his player has a full england cap , other coach 's team is being sucked into relegation battle.
no prizes for guessing the coaches were Martinez and Clarke ( we know its Mel now but he is still probably taking advice from coaching staff , lets hope he has a different view very quickly)

Barkley is on a different level to Berahino, he's been in and around the Everton first team for the best part of 4 seasons and is widely tipped to go on to become a Wayne Rooney/Steven Gerrard level player. This is Berahino's first full season with us after several lower league loans.

We're handling Saido alright, I'd like to see more of him but there is clearly something amiss in either his attitude or his application.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #620 on: February 01, 2014, 04:43:23 PM »
Barkley is on a different level to Berahino, he's been in and around the Everton first team for the best part of 4 seasons and is widely tipped to go on to become a Wayne Rooney/Steven Gerrard level player. This is Berahino's first full season with us after several lower league loans.

We're handling Saido alright, I'd like to see more of him but there is clearly something amiss in either his attitude or his application.

Absolutely. The club has so far nurtured Berahino's talent and physical training to the point he is able to compete in the PL. But the next part of the training is the truly crucial one, and that is the mental approach and mental strength.

There have been signs that Berahino is far from mature which is natural at that age, but if he wants to reach his full potential he needs to grow as a human being and in his application to his profession. The club is correct in handling him with care.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #621 on: February 01, 2014, 05:05:16 PM »
FFS PLAY THE KID

Regardless of attitude at the moment we NEED wins desperately and we need goals and Berahino is more likely to score them than anyone else we have. We can't afford to be p##### about.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 05:10:23 PM by OldburyWBA »

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #622 on: February 02, 2014, 09:11:02 AM »
How much of a melt down would this site have had if we said that we were going to rely on a bloke who has 30 starts in English football, mainly for Peterborough, Brentford, and Northampton as our main striker?

The bloke clearly has some talent and we should be looking to nuture it, which we are. To expect him to be the saviour of our season is a bit unrealistic and would put significant pressure on young shoulders (which have already been suggested to be immature?)

Let the professionals deal with it ;-)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #623 on: February 02, 2014, 01:15:40 PM »
How much of a melt down would this site have had if we said that we were going to rely on a bloke who has 30 starts in English football, mainly for Peterborough, Brentford, and Northampton as our main striker?

The bloke clearly has some talent and we should be looking to nuture it, which we are. To expect him to be the saviour of our season is a bit unrealistic and would put significant pressure on young shoulders (which have already been suggested to be immature?)

Let the professionals deal with it ;-)
It's not really relying as most of our goals have been from midfield anyway.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #624 on: February 02, 2014, 06:08:05 PM »
Looks very average when asked to play deep. Either play him up front or not at all.