Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2534394 times)

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #525 on: November 16, 2013, 03:26:05 AM »

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #526 on: November 16, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »
I don't see how we could lose him for 300k. He's 20 and a pro. It's a load of garbage!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

The Gaffer

« Reply #527 on: November 16, 2013, 10:37:52 AM »
Listen, for whatever faults he has has anyone ever known Jeremy sell us short? Trust him, he won't, if Saido leaves Albion it will be for ridiculous money that will strengthen our squad considerably. If he doesn't leave we have a fantastic new prospect. Either way it is win - win.

Don't worry folks - Chill.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #528 on: November 16, 2013, 11:11:02 AM »
That is spot on this is not the Albion of the early eighties.  Peace knows the importance of trying to keep Berahino but will be be held to ransom and if a move happens it will be as The Gaffer says for money that will further improve our squad as a whole.

Remember we sold one of our best young up and coming forwards in 2001 and look where that took us.

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #529 on: November 16, 2013, 02:02:12 PM »
The taking off or pulling his shirt over his head was just another part of his naivety, common sense thing would be to wait for the changing of shirts at the end nobody gets booked for it and his message would be there for all to see, he could even walk up to the camera and show the world.
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

fireymoosse

« Reply #530 on: November 16, 2013, 08:35:21 PM »
He will be gone in January :-\

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #531 on: November 16, 2013, 10:16:53 PM »

So will Benteke 8)

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #532 on: November 17, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »
Hopefully the Vile will be relegated come January...

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #533 on: November 17, 2013, 03:51:13 PM »
Hopefully the Vile will be relegated come January...

Hopefully? How about probably?
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

fireymoosse

« Reply #534 on: November 17, 2013, 06:37:33 PM »
I really hope we can keep hold on him, alas I do believe he will be gone in January, as I doubt we can match his or his agents aspirations, hope I'm wrong.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #535 on: November 17, 2013, 06:38:33 PM »
I really hope we can keep hold on him, alas I do believe he will be gone in January, as I doubt we can match his or his agents aspirations, hope I'm wrong.

Stop fishing.
the regime don't like it man

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #536 on: November 17, 2013, 07:17:18 PM »
How the **** will he be gone in january when he's under contract until 2015 . HOW MANY MORE TIMES !!!!

AAAAAAAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #537 on: November 17, 2013, 07:38:16 PM »
How the **** will he be gone in january when he's under contract until 2015 . HOW MANY MORE TIMES !!!!

AAAAAAAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets put it this way mate, I don't think the the poster you've replied to will be standing on the Brummie Rd a week tomorrow (read his other post's)  ;)
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #538 on: November 18, 2013, 07:14:59 PM »
Oh please.
Indeed mate, I've given up trying !!!

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #539 on: November 18, 2013, 07:15:45 PM »
Lets put it this way mate, I don't think the the poster you've replied to will be standing on the Brummie Rd a week tomorrow (read his other post's)  ;)
Oh I hope he will be so I can administer some ;-)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #540 on: November 18, 2013, 10:51:02 PM »
I think if someone like say, Everton, Newcastle, Southampton, West Ham wanted to try to prise him away - they would be chasing a highly promising striker who is a regular for England under 21s. 20k would probably be the starting point on wages.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #541 on: November 19, 2013, 11:30:58 AM »
I think if someone like say, Everton, Newcastle, Southampton, West Ham wanted to try to prise him away - they would be chasing a highly promising striker who is a regular for England under 21s. 20k would probably be the starting point on wages.

20k ???

This is what is wrong with the English game, plays a few games, rewarded with a massive contract.

IMO Berahino hasnt shown me anything other than being a decent player, hasnt blown anyone away has he

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #542 on: November 19, 2013, 01:28:31 PM »
20k ???

This is what is wrong with the English game, plays a few games, rewarded with a massive contract.

IMO Berahino hasnt shown me anything other than being a decent player, hasnt blown anyone away has he
Quite right , we should offer him a really small contract , that way he will still stay with us and send out the right message to others ??? ???
Back in the real world....O hara is on 40k plus , are you honestly telling me Saido should not be on the (around) 25k that the club will offer ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #543 on: November 19, 2013, 01:42:41 PM »
Quite right , we should offer him a really small contract , that way he will still stay with us and send out the right message to others ??? ???
Back in the real world....O hara is on 40k plus , are you honestly telling me Saido should not be on the (around) 25k that the club will offer ?
I think it was more of a general term, your example of O'hara is actually backing what he said... paid a huge amount of money when in reality he's done nothing hugely out of the ordinary to warrant it. I feel it's mostly a critique of football salaries as a whole.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #544 on: November 19, 2013, 02:26:06 PM »
Brunt, Anichebe, Ridewell, Morrison -- All with over 100/200 Premier League games, full internationals etc etc

The ntoe regarding O'Hara, yes we all know he isnt that good anymore, but at the point of signing, O'Hara was playing well.

He had a great year at Pompey etc. Again, he had many more appearances than the 7/8 Saido has got.

Look at Sterling from last year, Connor Wickham, Francis Jeffers etc. DO NOT BUY INTO THE MEDIA HYPE! Saido will only ever be a very good premier league player, similar mould/career to Jermaine Defoe etc.

He is no Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo etc. BY this i mean he will never be the truly 'world class' player some are bigging him up to be.

Yes he will be good, if he has half the career/goals Defoe has got then weve found a talented kid, but lets not jump the gun.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #545 on: November 19, 2013, 06:37:13 PM »
If it was announced tomorrow that the club had signed him on a 4 year contract at 20k a week I'd be delighted.
In an ideal world of non inflated wages for footballers it would be great to sign him up on 4 or 5k and bring him through gradually but that's not going to happen.
I'd be stunned if prem clubs with a bit more cash to splash than us tried to get him but only on wages of 10k - it would be a non starter so I think they will try to lure him with 20k plus - could be comfortably more.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #546 on: November 20, 2013, 10:51:01 AM »
Either way his next contract will make him a millionaire....

8-10k a week tops he is still a millionaire but he has to progress at the current rate and keeps his feet on the ground to earn the 20-30k level people are talking about

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #547 on: November 20, 2013, 11:24:10 AM »
my personal opinion is that he will score a sackful of goals over the next few years.

has to be managed well too for him, but he has big characters who are top top players around him and he will learn his trade well staying and playing with us and with this group of players.

but its still early days with him, plenty of time to get a move if he keeps getting better

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #548 on: November 20, 2013, 01:33:21 PM »
After the 9-0 goal fest last night I bet he regrets his booking in the previous match
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #549 on: November 20, 2013, 02:43:38 PM »
Either way his next contract will make him a millionaire....

8-10k a week tops he is still a millionaire but he has to progress at the current rate and keeps his feet on the ground to earn the 20-30k level people are talking about

no he isn't, 20K a week gets you a million a year 8-10 K gets you roughly 400,000 or 500,000 a year.
I think your figure of 8-10K a week is in the right ball park though.