Author Topic: Tom Fellows  (Read 23973 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Tom Fellows
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2024, 10:39:11 AM »
Lewis Cox reports we are in talks over a new deal with young Tom as expected

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2024, 11:01:06 AM »

That has to be linked to the takeover. Good news.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2024, 12:25:58 PM »

That is really good news.
 Fellows has looked like the kind of winger we need, takes a man on and puts the ball in. He'll get better the more experience he gets.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2024, 12:37:12 PM »
7 minute interview as well on the club's YouTube page.

Would be a bad look to publish something like that only to announce he's leaving! At least you'd like to think so

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2024, 12:41:34 PM »
7 minute interview as well on the club's YouTube page.

Would be a bad look to publish something like that only to announce he's leaving! At least you'd like to think so

;D

Would be proper Lai's Albion though

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2024, 02:45:24 PM »
 Fellows has looked like the kind of winger we need, takes a man on and puts the ball in. He'll get better the more experience he gets.

Jed would be a great mentor for him too

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2024, 09:15:35 PM »
Fingers crossed, ever piece of wood in the vicinity touched, other the nether region one, that he signs and has a brilliant career with us and isn't another false positive like Leko and that other recent whose name I have already forgotten.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 09:48:43 PM by OldburyWBA »

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2024, 08:57:13 AM »
Fingers crossed, ever piece of wood in the vicinity touched, other the nether region one, that he signs and has a brilliant career with us and isn't another false positive like Leko and that other recent whose name I have already forgotten.
Kyle Edwards
Thought at time he looked quite useful…won the penalty at Preston away in the promotion season.
Now at Ipswich but loaned out to Oxford.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2024, 09:27:21 AM »
Kyle Edwards
Thought at time he looked quite useful…won the penalty at Preston away in the promotion season.
Now at Ipswich but loaned out to Oxford.

Where’s Rekheem Harper these days?   

So few of our Academy starlets seem to go very far after leaving us.  O’Shea and Ferguson made it (sort of) to the Premier League, but the rest?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2024, 09:50:34 AM »
Where’s Rekheem Harper these days?   

So few of our Academy starlets seem to go very far after leaving us.  O’Shea and Ferguson made it (sort of) to the Premier League, but the rest?

Ah yes, but we have to remember that football doesn't begin and end with the Premier League. I'm not going through the professional histories of everyone who has passed through our academy but I do know a good number of them have gone on to have decent careers in the professional game.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2024, 10:15:49 AM »
Ah yes, but we have to remember that football doesn't begin and end with the Premier League. I'm not going through the professional histories of everyone who has passed through our academy but I do know a good number of them have gone on to have decent careers in the professional game.

Indeed - but at a lower level than us.  Very few have even done much at Championship level (Field, Aziz).  A lot seem to find themselves at League 1 or League 2 level, which seems to justify why we didn’t deem them good enough to play in a side flirting between the Premier League and promotion from the Championship.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2024, 03:20:53 PM »
Jed would be a great mentor for him too

Fellows said in his interview he try’s to take stuff from Wallace, Phillips and Diangana but as far as I’m concerned Wallace is by far the player Fellows should be replicating based on style so I’d agree he’s the perfect mentor

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2024, 03:23:41 PM »
Indeed - but at a lower level than us.  Very few have even done much at Championship level (Field, Aziz).  A lot seem to find themselves at League 1 or League 2 level, which seems to justify why we didn’t deem them good enough to play in a side flirting between the Premier League and promotion from the Championship.

That's the nature of all academies, though. Each year group might only have one player make it in the top two leagues. I think it has been made worse for us but we've generally been in a win now situation, so we have given priority to more "experienced" players
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2024, 04:13:41 PM »
Congrats to TF for a goal and an assist today.

Hopefully, the confidence boost today and having his future sorted (please sign the contract offered old bean) will see him improve his stats in tier 2, where they currently don't match his good performances.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2024, 04:24:08 PM »
He deserves to have a new contract. Be a complete mess if we don't re-sign him.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2024, 04:31:37 PM »
Bet the Aldershot back will be pleased that's over. He got pulled all over the place. Fellows got his cross in pretty much every time. I'd make it a priority getting a new contract out for him.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2024, 04:45:30 PM »
After his performance today I do hope CC gives him more opportunities in the Championship. An exciting player and clearly MOM for me.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2024, 04:55:53 PM »
After his performance today I do hope CC gives him more opportunities in the Championship. An exciting player and clearly MOM for me.

Totally agree

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2024, 07:50:59 PM »

I think if we take a look back at what's come from the academy in the current "career window", producing Championship quality players hasn't actually been that much of an issue. Our problem is more producing genuine premier league quality, we have very few at that level.

Currently you can point to Azaz, Forss, TGH, Field, Palmer, Rogers, Allsop, Ireogbunam, Sawyers, Roofe, O'Shea, Wood, Roberts, and Ferguson who have established careers in the top two levels of football, you could if you want throw in Berahino who did have the ability for a period to get into the England squad before his well publicised personal issues, plus Welsh international Matt Smith at a push. Of the current youngsters coming through in the game, we have Fellows now establishing himself in the team, Lino Sousa at 18 on Arsenal's bench, plus a fair few England youth internationals scattered amongst other clubs after their recent raids who will likely produce a couple more championship quality footballers.

It's why I believe we should be giving the likes of Fellows, Heard, Whitwell and Taylor a bit more game time here than we do, rather than find out when they leave that they were actually respectable options at this level.
Boing Boing

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2024, 07:33:01 AM »

Difficult to bring players through when they get nicked by other clubs though. There's also many a sliding door moment in a young player's career. Funny fag here, a pronoun there and Bob's not your auntie.

And there's not a lot we can do about duplicitous agents, egotistical parents or back injuries etc at key stages of development. I don't blame Finn Azaz for turning up at Villa when we changed the terms of his contract offer by the way.

What raises my bile is them being jointly credited for bringing him through their academy when he joined them aged twenty. They effectively became his loan managers and he took the rest from there. Galling at best for someone who despises them.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2024, 10:48:00 AM »
Something I have been meaning to post that I noticed on Sunday, when Love went through and spurned that one on one opportunity, Fellows was right next to him and Love could/should have taking the keeper out of the equation and passed it to Fellows. Obviously he didn't do that and blew the chance but instead of Fellows throwing his arms up in despair, he didn't and just got back into position. I thought that was quite a mature response from a young man in hunt for, at that time, his first senior goal. he seems like a good character, is a good player and has good potential. Hope we tie him down and get to watch his development.

WBA.R.K

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2024, 10:15:37 AM »
Fabrizio Romano tweeting:
Everton are monitoring 2003 born talent Tom Fellows at WBA over potential summer move, as he's out of contract in June. He's been excellent for WBA this season, also scored first goal in FA Cup.

777 Partners like the player and could consider to sign then loan Fellows.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2024, 10:39:43 AM »
Player in contract negotiations has possible suitor leaked to the public, this has never happened before…  ::)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2024, 10:50:58 AM »
He’d only be a bench warmer there. McNeill and Harrison nailed on starters in wide positions
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2024, 08:36:25 PM »
He’d only be a bench warmer there. McNeill and Harrison nailed on starters in wide positions
You can bet Everton can offer him triple the wages we can
2 years on loan to championship teams with a loan fee to cover said wages it’s a no lose for them
There’s no guarantee Fellows will be anything other than a championship player and he can earn a tidy sum on a 3 year contract with a decent signing on fee
We would receive minimal compensation
The only losers would be us