Author Topic: Gareth Barry retires  (Read 188351 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Gareth Barry
« Reply #450 on: July 26, 2018, 02:23:36 PM »
Awful news and it came as no surprise to me to see him turn down the compassionate leave, he will want to keep his mind focused atsuch an awful time.

He has received a lot of stick on here, but I said it a while back that he will be a major player for us this season.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #451 on: July 26, 2018, 02:25:26 PM »
tragic for him and his family

condolences to them all

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #452 on: July 26, 2018, 02:46:03 PM »
Puts everything into perspective really doesn't it.

Condolences to Gareth and his family
MAGA!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #453 on: July 26, 2018, 03:26:24 PM »
Hey woys,what's your problem with my comment?
I don't understand what I've said wrong.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #454 on: July 26, 2018, 04:54:34 PM »
Hey woys,what's your problem with my comment?
I don't understand what I've said wrong.

Personally, I think if someone has to tell you what was so insensitive about the last sentence you made in the post about Gareth’s elder brothers passing, it truly is a sad state of affairs.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #455 on: July 26, 2018, 05:23:28 PM »
What I meant was, these  terrible things that happen to you personally put ones own life and troubles into perspective,do you understand that?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #456 on: July 26, 2018, 08:18:34 PM »
What I meant was, these  terrible things that happen to you personally put ones own life and troubles into perspective,do you understand that?

Then you should have phrased it better to avoid confusion or better still just offer your condolences and leave it at that to save any misinterpretation.

The last thing people want to hear or read when they have lost an elder brother is about putting theiir lose into prospective based on their own passed minor and trivial misdemeanours in comparison.

And no, I don’t understand your slant on it. Don’t you get it?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #457 on: July 26, 2018, 08:25:41 PM »
That's your problem mate not mine,I've  clarified what I meant, it was obvious really.
I lost my mother 8 months ago ,it made me appreciate my life actually.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #458 on: July 26, 2018, 08:30:45 PM »
That's your problem mate not mine,I've  clarified what I meant, it was obvious really.
I lost my mother 8 months ago ,it made me appreciate my life actually.

But I wasn’t the only one with a problem was I?

I wont get into swooping the list of loved ones lost with you, other than to say  I’m sorry for your loss and understand it
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #459 on: July 26, 2018, 08:45:24 PM »
Thanks for your kind words mate,I still don't get your argument,but I'll leave it there now.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #460 on: July 27, 2018, 04:39:50 PM »
Must be awful - thoughts with Gareth and his family.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #461 on: July 28, 2018, 01:02:55 AM »
I think it’s a pity that a thread on a subject of sympathy gets lumped into an existing thread which contains ‘other issues’. I really do feel for Gareth, regardless of any playing matters. I hope all Baggies fans give him full support.

boot2006

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #462 on: July 28, 2018, 08:52:20 AM »
Thoughts and prayers with Gareth and his family.  Rip.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #463 on: August 08, 2018, 12:30:59 PM »
Apparently, Gareth’s uncle passed away a few weeks ago and it’s his brothers funeral today.

My thoughts are with him and his family during what must be a very trying and difficult period for them
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #464 on: August 08, 2018, 12:39:27 PM »
Apparently, Gareth’s uncle passed away a few weeks ago and it’s his brothers funeral today.

My thoughts are with him and his family during what must be a very trying and difficult period for them

Don't beat yourself up about it mate, people pass away all the time
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #465 on: August 09, 2018, 11:47:59 PM »
Don't beat yourself up about it mate, people pass away all the time
Yup unfortunately its life,or death as they say

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #466 on: August 25, 2018, 10:08:13 AM »
As I said on the centre midfield thread, him having an option on his contract may have crippled us in that position as Moore appears to have to work to a one in one out policy. However I wonder if Barry would be of any use as the left sided centre back in our back 3. He started out there for Villa, is left footed unlike any of our cbs, is comfortable on the ball and will be adept at stepping forward and cutting out danger which you can get away with more as a cb in a 3 than a 2. Moore played Field there in the cup but Barry could be the answer.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #467 on: August 25, 2018, 10:20:51 AM »
As I said on the centre midfield thread, him having an option on his contract may have crippled us in that position as Moore appears to have to work to a one in one out policy. However I wonder if Barry would be of any use as the left sided centre back in our back 3. He started out there for Villa, is left footed unlike any of our cbs, is comfortable on the ball and will be adept at stepping forward and cutting out danger which you can get away with more as a cb in a 3 than a 2. Moore played Field there in the cup but Barry could be the answer.

Interesting but I really don't think this aging Barry is the answer to anything.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #468 on: August 25, 2018, 10:27:43 AM »
Interesting but I really don't think this aging Barry is the answer to anything.
I agree mate. Should not be anywhere near the team, denying youngsters an opportunity. Same goes for Brunt and Morrison sadly.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #469 on: September 19, 2018, 10:38:36 AM »
Special mention for Gareth yesterday, starting his 750th league game I believe?

Thought he played well, calm in possession and rarely gave it away, kept us ticking over throughout.

Also another special mention that he has took some stick from sections of the fans (rightly or wrongly so), and seems to have took most the frustration from the infamous cab 4. He's kept his head down and got on with things like a professional, had some family traumas, yet still made himself available and put in a good performance last night.

I would rather see Barry in the middle than Brunt.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #470 on: September 19, 2018, 10:56:55 AM »

Thought he played well, calm in possession and rarely gave it away, kept us ticking over throughout.

Also another special mention that he has took some stick from sections of the fans (rightly or wrongly so), and seems to have took most the frustration from the infamous cab 4. He's kept his head down and got on with things like a professional, had some family traumas, yet still made himself available and put in a good performance last night.

Jacko's hastily cleaning away the tea/coffee/water (delete as appropriate) he's just spat all over his computer screen  :P . Please bear with him, I dare say he'll be along in a minute or two  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #471 on: September 19, 2018, 01:01:44 PM »

Totally agree with it all.

I also saw somewhere a comment from someone who has a connection at the club that Barry was not actually in the taxi when it was taken and that "another" was driving with Barry getting in afterwards, not saying any of this is correct but the named driver is still with us, if this is true then seems Barry is taking all the abuse for anothers actions.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #472 on: September 19, 2018, 03:05:45 PM »
Totally agree with it all.

I also saw somewhere a comment from someone who has a connection at the club that Barry was not actually in the taxi when it was taken and that "another" was driving with Barry getting in afterwards, not saying any of this is correct but the named driver is still with us, if this is true then seems Barry is taking all the abuse for anothers actions.

I've been told that Barry wasn't actually in the taxi when it was 'stolen'. This from a reliable source. The story behind it sounds very plausible and one that I would find hard to disbelieve.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #473 on: September 19, 2018, 06:58:15 PM »
If he wasn't involved, why was he dropped?
He wasn't initially if I remember rightly, he picked up an injury soon after though.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #474 on: September 20, 2018, 12:00:08 AM »
Find it amazing this 'non involvement' is only coming out now. How strange in a world of social media that people ITK could keep shtum for so long and let Barry take the stick for something he allegedly didn't do. Even stranger that he didn't defend himself, unless of course there's a much bigger and untouchable fish higher up the food chain.

Still seems rather odd that a seasoned professional would take the fall for someone else, unless of course there were far more to things than meets the eye. If so then it appears equally strange that Foster came out on social media (not long before/after his move) to insinuate the whole mess was no big thing and had been blown out off all proportion.

Something happened or it didn't, meaning 'someone' was involved or they weren't. I won't hold my breath waiting to find out.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.