Author Topic: Non League Football Thread  (Read 6621 times)

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

Non League Football Thread
« on: April 21, 2022, 12:56:48 PM »
Don't know if we have one but as I'm doing my College Project on my local Non League Football Team rather than clog up other threads about it. I have created this anything Non League can go here. As I like many of you have got fed up with Albion I'm going to go an Awful lot to Non League Next Season.

My local team who play in Blue and White Stripes are Darlaston Town 1874 FC who have a big game on Saturday against Dudley Town Darlaston don't see them as Rivals but Dudley think they are due to playing at Wednesfeild. Darlaston need to Win as Stapenhill are now tied on Points for 2nd but behind as Darlaston have superior Goal difference. Darlaston want to finish 2nd to gain the Home advantage in the Play Offs. Darlaston Drew to Divison 1 champions Atherstone at Atherstone last week in front of 547 fans with about 100 Darlaston Fans being there. Darlaston unlike Albion are a decent side to watch high pressing, fluid passing in and around the Box and there Youth are doing well. The U18's are through to a Cup Final Darlaston themselves will play Wednesfeild in the Birmingham Floodlit Cup Final at Damson Park. Darlaston played there U18's last week in a Friendly and there U18's played really well losing 3-0 as they got tired but got a standing ovaition of the Pitch. But yeah Darlaston are hoping for a crowd of 300 or 400 or to possibly beat Atherstone's attendance. Darlaston's record attendance was ian 2018 or 2019 when 450 or 470 attended the unveiling of the Floodlights with a Friendly against Walsall.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Non League Football Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 06:13:27 PM »
Attendance I think at Darlaston Today might have been around 250 to watch a 0-0 stalemate but Darlaston had chances and we played until about 5 o clock and still couldn't score, lots of injuries and time wasting from Dudley. Stapenhill won 0-5 so Darlo are 3rd. Comes down to next week

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 06:25:58 PM »
For those interested, Halesowen Town are selling tickets for their play off semi final against Chasetown, to be played on Tuesday night at the Grove.

A win sends them to the play off final which could be next Saturday. They will play the winner of Stamford vs Belper and if Belper win then Halesowen also get home advantage  otherwise it's a trip to Lincolnshire.
Boing Boing

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2022, 07:26:35 PM »
For those interested, Halesowen Town are selling tickets for their play off semi final against Chasetown, to be played on Tuesday night at the Grove.

A win sends them to the play off final which could be next Saturday. They will play the winner of Stamford vs Belper and if Belper win then Halesowen also get home advantage  otherwise it's a trip to Lincolnshire.
Halesowen Town Football Club will play Chasetown At home in the Play-Off semi-final on Tuesday 26th April 7,45pm kick off.

​Tickets for this game will go sale in the first instance to season ticket and voucher holders at the Grove between 11am and 5pm on Sunday 24th April.

Remaining tickets will then go on general sale on Monday 25th April between 12pm and 8pm.

​The ticket prices will remain unchanged from our usual match day admission: - £10 Adults, £7 Concessions (60+), £4 13-18 years, U-12 free with paying adult.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 09:47:44 PM »
As a newly minted Redditchian I've just signed up as a member at Redditch United and where possible give them some of my hard earned pension in exchange for not watching us at many away games next season.
Just to be clear I will renew my ST next season unlike 3 or 4 of my immediate neighbours in the Smethwick who informed me today was possibly the last time we would see each other for a very long time
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 05:16:16 PM »
I went to watch Halesowen Town in their play off semi last night. Lost 1-0 to an injury time penalty unfortunately but I have to say I enjoyed the whole occasion much more than any Albion game over the last few years. I'll certainly be going to watch them a lot more next season.

I spoke to a few fellow Baggies that I know and majority were not going to bother renewing next season.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 12:34:55 AM »
Great to see Chasetown make the play-off final. They were my local non-league team growing up. Managed to get tickets for their FA Cup run to the 3rd round in 2008. The pitch invasion at the end of the Port Vale replay is up there with my best sporting memories. I remember the pitch being frozen solid, however! Proper football.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 05:43:53 PM »
Darlaston's actual attendance was 197 against Dudley Darlaston are away tomorrow to face Chelmsley Town at Coleshill FC Stadium last game of the season. I think Stapenhill have Bewdley a team fighting relegation and Ashby Ivanhoe play one of the Dudley teams. The Play offs will be confirmed tomorrow so Darlaston must wait and see who they face, when and where. Also there manager Dean Gill turns 50 Tommorrow so he and the players will return from Chelmsley to Darlaston and have some drinks with the fans.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2022, 07:28:33 PM »
I went to watch Halesowen Town in their play off semi last night. Lost 1-0 to an injury time penalty unfortunately but I have to say I enjoyed the whole occasion much more than any Albion game over the last few years. I'll certainly be going to watch them a lot more next season.

I spoke to a few fellow Baggies that I know and majority were not going to bother renewing next season.

Over 2500 thousand there weren't there - by my reckoning that's their biggest attendance in modern times - bigger than the 2000 attendances they would get for the old number 9 derbies.

With the result of the other play off semi, it's a huge shame as that attendance would probably have been broken this weekend as they would have had home advantage.
Boing Boing

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2022, 05:22:52 PM »
Darlaston secure the Home Play Off finishing 2nd after a 97th Minute winner against Chelmsley FC beating them 2-1 with a man sent off. Stapenhill drew to Bridgnorth 1-1, Ashby 4-1 to Dudley the team unless I have it confused Darlaston Play in the Play Offs on Tuesday. Last Tuesday Boldmere St Michaels played Lye in the Cup Semi Final at Darlaston's ground. Darlaston lost to Boldmere in the Cup. I don't know how they do.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2022, 04:24:40 PM »
Big Day Tommorrow both for my project and in terms of Me following my non League side Darlaston play Dudley at Home In the play offs to face the winner of Stapenhill vs Ashby Ivanhoe on Saturday 7th May. Kick off 7:45PM hopefully a big crowd for Me to film and interview I emailed ahead so there fine with it

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 05:19:14 PM »
Any idea what sort of crowd they are expecting baggieboy? Chasetown broke their attendance record yesterday as over 2500 people watched them lose their play off final.

I've read non league attendances are at their highest in years this year (possibly post war).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 05:22:12 PM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2022, 11:26:29 AM »
Any idea what sort of crowd they are expecting baggieboy? Chasetown broke their attendance record yesterday as over 2500 people watched them lose their play off final.

I've read non league attendances are at their highest in years this year (possibly post war).

Yesterday's attendance as Darlaston Won 4-0 over Dudley Town was 786 which is a Club record attendance And League attendance beating Atherstone who had 547 with 100 Darlaston Away Fans, In attendance one Pro Footballer Cameron Archer who has a Cousin who works for Dudley he was seen in a Porsche. Attendance for the final at Darlaston ground on Saturday expected to be maybe pushing 1,000. It was a Brilliant Night one of my best in Football, Darlaston could do a double ie being Promoted and a Cup Win at Solihull Moors on the 10th. Highest league position for Darlaston and They were featured on BBC WM football phone in last night. Neil Chambers chairman was spoken to. That may have helped. Darlo average attendance this season around 200 highest Attendance 304, Record attendance was 452 for a friendly to unveil the floodlights against Walsall. Bearing in Mind Darlaston play in the MFL Division One 786 is huge. Up The Darlo what a time
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 11:47:57 AM by BaggieBoy04 »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2022, 12:42:48 PM »
Over 2500 thousand there weren't there - by my reckoning that's their biggest attendance in modern times - bigger than the 2000 attendances they would get for the old number 9 derbies.

With the result of the other play off semi, it's a huge shame as that attendance would probably have been broken this weekend as they would have had home advantage.

I went to wembley with Halesowen years back v fleetwood ?? FA Vase??  (checked it was  in 1985)
Lower half of wembley was full and it was a very good day out, from what I remember. (Loads of baggies there)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2022, 09:06:25 PM »
Confirmed by the club that indeed 786 were in attendance last night, WM asked for people to get in touch who were there as we were mentioned was tempted by heard about Albion and also I didn't know what to say. Nothing in the E&S or as a Walsall/Darlo Fan calls it the Dingle Rag, if a 1,000 attend on Saturday Robbie Savage might mention little old Darlo on 606 and ask for us to get in touch in that instance I might. I might ask my dad if after I come home If we are mentioned if I can ring in to say what it was like. Some fans don't think with Walsall, Blues and us that it might be a high attendance. However neither have nothing to play for so there maybe bigger crowds after our WM exposure, and a peice done by a Talksport Journalist on Phoneix Clubs he covered Darlo. If anyone lives local and you want to see a decent game of football come down to Darlo £5 for adults, £3 for kids U12's go free.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2022, 10:48:25 AM »
We again got mentioned on WM someone phoned in from Atourbridge I think to say they are going. Darlaston have beaten Stapenhill 4-0 at Home before but there is nothing separating the sides just goal difference which Darlo's is superior. Darlo and Stapenhill are in the same form so going to be an intriguing game and hopefully a good spectacle. People are reminded that due to J10 being closed to either get off at J9 or go a different way. The ground is located about a mile and a half from J10. As a large crowd is expected People are asked to arrive early. I myself will walk from Darlaston down past the Green, or past the swimming baths then straight over Bentley Road South and it's two bridges the Canal near the former Boat Pub and the Railway around the island the bridge will be the same as it links Darlaston to Bentley into the ground.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2022, 06:46:21 PM »
 Well not sure of attendance not going to be high as 786 but Darlaston Town 1874 FC of the West Midlands League Division One got promoted to the West Midlands Premier Divison a 96th minute winner from Kerian Miller to make it 2-1 sent Darlo up the scenes. I think I am only just calming down. Darlo are Massive

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2022, 12:11:30 PM »
Darlaston will end the season playing Wednesfeild in the Cup at Solihull Moors so could do the Double in what would be a great way to pay tribute to Leon Taylor

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2022, 01:59:35 PM »
My first non League Game this Season Darlo lost there FA Cup Qualifying badly to I think but remain unbeaten in the League winning against Promotion Favourites Worcester City last week at home and beating someone else in the opening day. They started around the Prem can't remember there other game unless it was the FA Cup but they did win there game on Saturday in the Vase against Stratford. Anyway Yesterday a crowd of about 200 odd saw Darlo draw 1 - 1 with the other Unbeaten side in Racing Warwick. Referee was awful for both sides who should have Pens. The one he gave was there equaliser and it was soft but the two blaintant ones he never gave. He also sent one of there men of speaking to a Warwick staff member after who spoke to the player he was trying to get over the Darlo Player who clattered the Warwick Man and kneed him in the face I was On the opposite side so didn't see the incident Heard things from Darlo Fans but it was intentional the guy said if it was one of there other players he would believe it but not the guy who did it. Seeing images which if you want to have an opinion on go to Darlaston Town 1874 FC website click news this match should be tip click Match report and then images it should be at twoards the end of the photos. But that resulted in a Mass Melee basically both sides feel the Ref was shambolic and the Warwick guy said he doesn't like he has played Football before he was blowing for silly things. I think two scuffles broke out. Even the linesman on my side second half around 5PM when asked How long is left said I honestly don't know mate. I assume the Ref never communicated with his linesman. Either way many Darlo Fans just want them to stay in the division before going for promotion. The goal scored by Darlo was class ball played into the Striker who causes the Goalie to run out he runs around him Goalie looks like he is going to it he runs around again taps into empty net right at the end of the first half.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2022, 05:45:27 PM »
How often do you score 5 goals away from home and still lose! Barnet did against Wrexham and lost 7-5! :o

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2022, 05:47:09 PM »
How often do you score 5 goals away from home and still lose! Barnet did against Wrexham and lost 7-5! :o

Thought you were posting about WBA from 3 years in the future for a minute

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2022, 04:18:10 PM »
Well update on Darlaston after my last visit in the last update. Darlaston went on a losing run. Then they started a Winning/Unbeaten run again after they played Punjab United and won 5-0 in the JW Floodlit Cup 1st Round I went to watch the game against Lichfield Darlaston won 4-2 with Goals from Rivel Mardenborough and a Hattrick from Dominic Dell in front of a Crowd of 200. Then it was the tough game against Top of the league and at that point Unbeaten Walsall Wood who were due to Play Darlo on the Saturday after the Queen died. But they rock up on a Wednesday and conceded  Penalty which Darlaston score thanks to Dominic Dell. Then in the second half Kerion Miller who got the Penalty links up with Dell who fires home to make it 2-0. Darlaston see it out and end Walsall Wood's run in front of a Crowd of 250 or 275 I think. Either a Walsall Wood Fan or a Neutral decided to squirt/throw liquid over the Linesman 10 minutes into the 2md half. The club want to know who he is to ban him. Darlaston then went to Bwedley Town and won 3-1 with a Kerion Miller hattrick. At the moment Darlaston are losing 2-0 away to Racing Club Warwick. Darlaston's next opponent in the 2nd round of the JW Cup is.... Alvechurch away who are in the FA Cup and currently beating Cheltenham. But yes Darlaston lie in 4th 3 points of 2nd who are 10 points off 1st Walsall Wood. Darlaston have games in hand over those above but could be down to 8th as teams below have games in hand. But overall a fantastic start for Darlaston

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2022, 08:07:33 PM »
Darlaston lost to Racing Warwick 3-0 and then went two nil up with Alvechurch but then conceeded a 90th minute equaliser to end normal time 2-2. Alvechurch won 8-7 on Penalties. Darlaston's next game is Romulus who Darlaston lost in the FA Trophy at home on Saturday

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2023, 07:21:09 AM »
Yet more cautionary tales of how quickly bad ownership can sink clubs.

I remember back at the start of the last decade Colaville Town and Tipton Town battling it out for promotion from the old Midland Alliance, the 9th tier of English football. Around the same time, Scunthorpe Utd were beating Newcastle Utd in the championship, the 2nd tier of English football, when we got promotion under Di Matteo. They were eventually relegated alongside Sheff Utd while we were in the prem with Roy Hodgson.

Yesterday, Scunthorpe were relegated to the 6th tier of English football, 4 relegations in the space of just over a decade. As things stand, they will be facing Coalville Town and potentially even another old Midland Alliance name in Rushall Olympic.

It isn't new to drop so far, the same happened to Stockport County a few years ago, but it shows how quickly you can drop down the leagues with bad ownership.
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2023, 01:21:19 PM »
Nearly two and a half thousand were at the Grove last night for their play off semi final win. I'd imagine the weekends final will be a sell out and a similar or increased crowd.

Incredible support for a club who are in the 8th tier of English football.
Boing Boing