Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 468733 times)

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #2675 on: July 29, 2022, 05:53:00 PM »
And we all know what'll happen if Molumby scores an own goal in the final minute of Jake's run in the team to take the points average to 1.99.

You'll bemoan Bruce for not giving Molumby more game time last season thus hindering his development while also leaving him with an underlying stamina issue which directly contributed to said late own goal.

You'll then (probably) go on to explain in deep and greatly pained detail about how Jake's finally managed to drag Molumby down to his level following a promising start to the season from our full Irish international.

Feel free to copy, paste and amend this post when the inevitable happens to free up time and get back to your voodoo effigy of Jake.

It would've been fair game if you'd gone after other posters for their unfair treatment of Robinson and Johnstone.

As it is Livermore must be one of your fave's? 

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2676 on: July 29, 2022, 05:54:48 PM »
Livermore must have been sick for a while. He wasn't in the squad for the Hertha game and that was a week ago and from memory I don't think the played in the friendly prior to that at Oxford.

Wonder what's wrong with him? Seems long enough to be feeling "under the weather".

Covid or maybe he is in the process of leaving?
O Albion we love you

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2677 on: July 29, 2022, 06:19:08 PM »
It would've been fair game if you'd gone after other posters for their unfair treatment of Robinson and Johnstone.

As it is Livermore must be one of your fave's?

I gave Johnstone support and credit when it was due. I gave him stick when I felt he deserved it. You only need check back a few posts to find I'd prefer Yokuslu to start ahead of Jake.

No love, I'd like to think I'm fair and balanced for the most part. There's more than a hint of narcissistic persecution complex about you lad and that's just fine. Takes all sorts to make a world.

#Don'tfollowtheherd  ;D  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2678 on: July 29, 2022, 06:23:41 PM »
I gave Johnstone support and credit when it was due. I gave him stick when I felt he deserved it. You only need check back a few posts to find I'd prefer Yokuslu to start ahead of Jake.

No love, I'd like to think I'm fair and balanced for the most part. There's more than a hint of narcissistic persecution complex about you lad and that's just fine. Takes all sorts to make a world.

#Don'tfollowtheherd  ;D  ;) .

Don't Follow The Herd, I sure don't mate, with a lot of posters on my back for having the gall to criticise Livermore so frequently. 

The trouble with you is you don't attack others for unjust criticisms of other players, so why is this?

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2679 on: July 29, 2022, 06:46:42 PM »
Don't Follow The Herd, I sure don't mate, with a lot of posters on my back for having the gall to criticise Livermore so frequently. 

The trouble with you is you don't attack others for unjust criticisms of other players, so why is this?

No one is on your back for criticising Livermore. You're not some martyr to this cause.

People get on your back because you have a single-eyed view of a player.

Plenty of posters criticise Livermore, and rightly so because he hasn't been very good for plenty of games.

But you seem to make everything about him. Livermore can never do anything right. He cannot have good games, he cannot be a positive for the team. That's ridiculous, unrealistic and ultimately unfair. It makes it seem like a personal vendetta rather than criticising a player for poor performance.

Maybe if you didn't act like some lone wolf raging against an oppressive system then people would be less likely to get on your back.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2680 on: July 29, 2022, 06:51:51 PM »
No one is on your back for criticising Livermore. You're not some martyr to this cause.

People get on your back because you have a single-eyed view of a player.

Plenty of posters criticise Livermore, and rightly so because he hasn't been very good for plenty of games.

But you seem to make everything about him. Livermore can never do anything right. He cannot have good games, he cannot be a positive for the team. That's ridiculous, unrealistic and ultimately unfair. It makes it seem like a personal vendetta rather than criticising a player for poor performance.

Maybe if you didn't act like some lone wolf raging against an oppressive system then people would be less likely to get on your back.

Wrong.  If you actually read my posts I praised Livermore highly for the opening 7 or 8 games last season but after that he was dross.

I've witnessed people hammer Johnstone match after match good, bad or average.

And that is a player now in the Premier League!

The poster declared he was willing to use a disparaging nickname from Only Fools and Horses. I dread to think his opinion about some of the less intellectual posters on here  :o

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2681 on: July 29, 2022, 07:23:26 PM »
Wrong.  If you actually read my posts I praised Livermore highly for the opening 7 or 8 games last season but after that he was dross.

The poster declared he was willing to use a disparaging nickname from Only Fools and Horses. I dread to think his opinion about some of the less intellectual posters on here  :o
Maybe at a premier league club, but let's see how many games he gets and when he does get games how long until he messes up. And what makes you think you are more intellectual than other posters?

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2682 on: July 29, 2022, 07:56:31 PM »
Maybe at a premier league club, but let's see how many games he gets and when he does get games how long until he messes up. And what makes you think you are more intellectual than other posters?

Mate, in all facets of life some people have more intellect then others.  I don't have to prove myself to others, they can judge.

Obsessed with Johnstone WTF?  That's narcissism.  He's not even our player.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2683 on: July 29, 2022, 08:05:56 PM »
Mate, in all facets of life some people have more intellect then others.  I don't have to prove myself to others, they can judge.

Why do you feel the need to put others down? Its pointless and you know nothing about any other member on here so cut the patronising comments.

Your opinion about Livermore is just that, your opinion, same as every other person on here and like you they are entitled to it.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2684 on: July 29, 2022, 08:09:28 PM »

You are right about that.
Gera, Gera, Gera

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2685 on: July 29, 2022, 08:12:27 PM »
Why do you feel the need to put others down? Its pointless and you know nothing about any other member on here so cut the patronising comments.

Your opinion about Livermore is just that, your opinion, same as every other person on here and like you they are entitled to it.

A waste of energy IMO hoping for Johnstone to fail or any other ex WBA player.  We just come.across as being bitter and twisted as a fan base. 

As for you accusing me of putting down others, we had another poster thinking of a cheap nickname. When have I ever done that? 

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2686 on: July 29, 2022, 08:23:02 PM »
A waste of energy IMO hoping for Johnstone to fail or any other ex WBA player.  We just come.across as being bitter and twisted as a fan base. 

As for you accusing me of putting down others, we had another poster thinking of a cheap nickname. When have I ever done that?

You are putting down others though making claims about people you know absolutely nothing about for the simple reason they have a differing view to you.

Anyone posting cheap shots and nicknames for players get the posts removed and if they fail to listen to us they get banned, its in the rules already and has been for a few years.

As for the bitter and twisted fan base, do you honestly think this is just restricted to Albion fans? Have a look around other clubs sites and you will see no difference between all fans.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2687 on: July 29, 2022, 08:59:20 PM »
You are putting down others though making claims about people you know absolutely nothing about for the simple reason they have a differing view to you.

Anyone posting cheap shots and nicknames for players get the posts removed and if they fail to listen to us they get banned, its in the rules already and has been for a few years.

As for the bitter and twisted fan base, do you honestly think this is just restricted to Albion fans? Have a look around other clubs sites and you will see no difference between all fans.

Not talking about player nicknames, I'm talking about nicknames for other posters on here, I stated this clearly.

My view of people hounding Johnstone now is immature, childish and pointless.

Albion fans seem to appreciate loyalty above all else. 

I'll give you Burgess and Raven, neither was very good but they were there for a long time.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2688 on: July 29, 2022, 09:26:57 PM »

It was you who mentioned Johnstone being at a premier club! I just gave you my opinion. Not obsessed with Johnstone at all. Not like your obsession with Livermore now that's narcissism!! ::)

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2689 on: July 29, 2022, 09:38:22 PM »
It was you who mentioned Johnstone being at a premier club! I just gave you my opinion. Not obsessed with Johnstone at all. Not like your obsession with Livermore now that's narcissism!! ::)

You are still following Johnstone even now.

I have a vested interest in Livermore, he's playing at the club I support.

You are one of those who hammered Johnstone relentlessly.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2690 on: July 29, 2022, 09:52:35 PM »

I'm not attacking you at all, If I were then I'm sure the Mods would either edit or delete my posts. I'm trying to have a laugh with you and I'm quietly confident that's apparent to anyone reading this thread outside of your head. Incredible. Have you a discernible sense of humour, or even a trace of one? Chap, chill your beans  ;D .

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2691 on: July 29, 2022, 09:55:33 PM »

It was a harmless play on words, quite surprised that passed someone of your vast intellectual capacity by  ;) .

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2692 on: July 30, 2022, 12:05:36 AM »
You are still following Johnstone even now.

I have a vested interest in Livermore, he's playing at the club I support.

You are one of those who hammered Johnstone relentlessly.
Mate i don't get you or your comments, how am i still following Johnstone? Until i read your post mentioning him i had forgotten all about him! He no longer plays for the club i have supported home and away for over 50 years so i really couldn't care less one way or another.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2693 on: July 30, 2022, 06:15:04 AM »
It was a harmless play on words, quite surprised that passed someone of your vast intellectual capacity by  ;) .

I'll take it as a compliment. 

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2694 on: July 30, 2022, 06:19:04 AM »
Mate i don't get you or your comments, how am i still following Johnstone? Until i read your post mentioning him i had forgotten all about him! He no longer plays for the club i have supported home and away for over 50 years so i really couldn't care less one way or another.

Good.  Because that's the smart thing to do.

I'm just pointing out that whilst people think I have a Livermore obsession there were plenty with a Johnstone obsession.  As they were following the herd, it was more than OK.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2695 on: July 30, 2022, 09:20:34 AM »
I'll take it as a compliment.
Started ******* early ay ya? on match day an,all un Jake's poorly un ay even travelled if the trewth be nowd.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2696 on: July 30, 2022, 11:02:37 AM »
Started ******* early ay ya? on match day an,all un Jake's poorly un ay even travelled if the trewth be nowd.

So what, I look at the big picture of the season. 

If we average 2pts per match, everyone is happy.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2697 on: July 30, 2022, 11:22:05 AM »
Is it safe to come back now?
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2698 on: July 30, 2022, 01:03:59 PM »
Is it safe to come back now?

Absolutely and I'm up for a house swap if you are. Always fancied a place on the Costa Blanca. We have the waters of Sutton Park to one side of us, the beauty of Brookvale Park on the other and the wonders of Witton Lakes 'between the two.

More than enough water to splash about in and keep you cool of a warm summer's eve'. And if you're feeling homesick there's a vast number of low cost alcohol outlets serving cut price San Miguel and Estrella to slake your thirst. There's also a lot 'spice' and other mind altering substances at reasonable prices should that be your thing.

Anyway, enticing though I know this sounds what are your plans for tonight's game? I'm self isolating and don't have Sky or an IPTV thingy. Fortunately my lad has a NowTV subscription and I've got a match day pass and a fridge full of Staropramen.

COYB  8) .
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 02:10:25 PM by SmethDan »

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2699 on: July 30, 2022, 01:43:53 PM »
Definitely needs to be a bit more of agree to disagree on this thread. I think Livermore is garbage and tend to agree with Gregmt view of his ability but no big deal if others have a more nuanced take....be interesting to see how Molumby gets on today as I wasn't impressed with him last season but he is young and had a full pre-season with us now, so room for him to grow. Big season for Mowatt as well as he started last year on fire and then post injury was never the same.