Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 468687 times)

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #2450 on: March 05, 2022, 06:06:05 PM »
never been a fan but glad he played well today.

He has, over the years, put in twenty plus very good games. He's more than capable.

That's what sort of makes his average week in, week out half assed displays all the more annoying.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2451 on: March 05, 2022, 06:35:31 PM »
Jake was my man of the match today, narrowly ahead of TGH.

As well as shielding the back three, he was prompting, encouraging and supporting players round him. We looked a more solid and cohesive unit with him in the midfield

I had a football coach a good few years ago know who had played for Nottingham Forest and he always use to drill into us, “the player without the ball is just as, if not more important as the player with the ball” and I though Jake epitomised that mantra today.

Jake isn’t the future, but he is the present, the here and the now
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #2452 on: March 05, 2022, 07:35:00 PM »
Played very well today, credit to him.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2453 on: March 05, 2022, 10:42:23 PM »
Credit to the lad did his bit today but oh if he could pass, couple of occasions in second half where misplaced ball by Jake broke down our attack in promising positions.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2454 on: March 05, 2022, 11:46:28 PM »
Reasonable Geoffrey, reasonable.
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2455 on: March 12, 2022, 08:34:53 AM »
Terrific attitude, work rate and application.

However, looks out of his depth against better Championship teams.

We need better next season.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2456 on: March 12, 2022, 09:13:41 AM »
Terrific attitude, work rate and application.

However, looks out of his depth against better Championship teams.

We need better next season.

The whole midfield looks out of it's depth against better championship sides though, not just Livermore.

We definitely need better for next season. From the current crop of midfielders the only 1 I'd start on a regular basis next season is TGH, although it looks like we have to buy Molumby. I'm not sure we'll have the money for better or the nous to get better for little money. From the little I've seen of the U23's non of them look ready to be starters in a side going for promotion.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2457 on: March 12, 2022, 09:17:23 AM »
Thought he had a good game personally. People just expect him to create but that isn't his game and never will be, rather like Molumby.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2458 on: March 12, 2022, 11:00:14 AM »
Thought he had a good game personally. People just expect him to create but that isn't his game and never will be, rather like Molumby.
All these non-creative midfielders is part of our problem. Its all right saying, its not his job, and its not part of his job, but it then means we are totally reliant on someone like Mowatt. You will find that the better teams have several creative players.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2459 on: March 12, 2022, 11:12:35 AM »
All these non-creative midfielders is part of our problem. Its all right saying, its not his job, and its not part of his job, but it then means we are totally reliant on someone like Mowatt. You will find that the better teams have several creative players.

That's not Livermore's fault though the blame for that lies at the feet of those who have assembled such an unbalanced squad.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2460 on: March 12, 2022, 12:09:52 PM »
Watching him trying to pass a ball is honestly excrutiating.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2461 on: March 12, 2022, 01:05:17 PM »
Thought he had a decent game. Did what he does, misplaced a couple of what might have been good forward passes, but a least he saw them and tried to make them. Helped cover for Bartley when he got lost, or Clarke when he went forward to try to support Townsend. Such a pity he couldn't cover for the disaster in goal as well though. That is beyond redemption. Loss of points last night had nothing to do with Livermores performance.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2462 on: March 12, 2022, 01:06:51 PM »
That's not Livermore's fault though the blame for that lies at the feet of those who have assembled such an unbalanced squad.
Maybe not Livermore's fault, but aren't we interested in what would make the team more effective? We have an extreme shortage of creativity in midfield, and in my view we need at least one more creative midfielder, maybe 2. Which would make Livermore one of the first candidates for the chop.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2463 on: March 12, 2022, 01:30:51 PM »
That's 4 points from 2 games with him back in the side.

I'm sure others would point out if we'd gone winning games to losing when he starts.  I remember one game him getting the blame because he was on for the last 10 mins and we conceded despite having absolutely nothing to do with the goal.  It was "he's on the pitch so he must be at fault somehow"

He's not amazing but he's the best defensive midfielder we've got by a long way.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2464 on: March 12, 2022, 01:48:10 PM »
Maybe not Livermore's fault, but aren't we interested in what would make the team more effective?

Absolutely yes. But without a transfer window we're stuck with what we've got I'm afraid.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2465 on: March 12, 2022, 03:05:39 PM »

He's not amazing but he's the best defensive midfielder we've got by a long way.

I don't think he's better than Molumby by a long way.  Molumby should improve as he gets experience.  Livermore is only going to get even less mobile than he is already. 

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2466 on: March 12, 2022, 03:32:49 PM »
I don't think he's better than Molumby by a long way.  Molumby should improve as he gets experience.  Livermore is only going to get even less mobile than he is already.

Definitely better than Molumby at present but, given their respective ages, only one of them has the possibility to improve.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2467 on: March 16, 2022, 06:13:28 AM »
I thought he had one of his better games last night and showed leadership when required (some strange refereeing decision that needed pointing out to him and calming others who were getting irate about it)
The presence of TGH, mostly in front of the midfield, means he's not chasing every ball in every direction and having to do desperate lunges when he tires   
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2468 on: March 16, 2022, 08:26:13 AM »
The presence of TGH, mostly in front of the midfield, means he's not chasing every ball in every direction and having to do desperate lunges when he tires   

Definitely agree with this point. Having TGH really does compensate for the lack of mobility in Mowatt and Livermore. A point made by many on this forum this season under Val’s tenure that both our midfield two were often outnumbered.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2469 on: March 16, 2022, 08:38:49 AM »
Definitely agree with this point. Having TGH really does compensate for the lack of mobility in Mowatt and Livermore. A point made by many on this forum this season under Val’s tenure that both our midfield two were often outnumbered.

This is why Bruce deserves next year, he’s adapting, something Val just wouldn’t do.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2470 on: March 17, 2022, 11:55:40 AM »
Played well. Lovely through ball for Callum Robinson too who perhaps could have done better with his shot on goal following Tosin Adarabambi's slip and fall.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2471 on: March 17, 2022, 12:14:08 PM »
With one exception (Cov away) we have been much better with him in the team than without. I thought Tuesday he was better than he has been for a while . I suspect he more than most was least suited to VIs high tempo , power running ideal and it could well be he has come back much better physically from his latest suspension.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2472 on: March 19, 2022, 05:41:22 PM »
What's the point anymore?  At 32 yrs of age and failing legs why are we continually selecting him to start every match?  Yes Mowatt is mediocre, but has the advantage of being 5 years younger.

We need better and need better in the next 4 months ready for next season in the Championship.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2473 on: March 19, 2022, 05:43:24 PM »
What's the point anymore?  At 32 yrs of age and failing legs why are we continually selecting him to start every match?  Yes Mowatt is mediocre, but has the advantage of being 5 years younger.

We need better and need better in the next 4 months ready for next season in the Championship.
I’m no big fan of Livermore but with younger players around him with ability I do think he adds something. His talking and organisation of players can be useful. He just doesn’t have the legs which is why he gets so many cards.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2474 on: April 03, 2022, 06:42:16 PM »
What's the point of playing Livermore?  He's too old and too slow.