Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 468733 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #2250 on: February 09, 2022, 10:17:26 PM »
It's great Ness really. It may be the only positive from today. Bruce is now forced to give other players ago for 4 games.
It means Mulumby and Reach are nailed on starters. Not sure that helps us a lot. We are missing quality players in midfield.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2251 on: February 09, 2022, 10:27:46 PM »
It means Mulumby and Reach are nailed on starters. Not sure that helps us a lot. We are missing quality players in midfield.

It might mean that, but you could cross your fingers that Bruce goes against the grain and gives (previous MoTM) Gardner-Hickman another go.
Boing Boing

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2252 on: February 09, 2022, 10:29:47 PM »
So does Bruce recall him immediately his ban  finishes ? If he does then I’m sorry but Bruce won’t be any improvement on Val . Bring back Big Sam  !

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2253 on: February 09, 2022, 11:00:28 PM »
Livermore has been a liberty since some idiot at Albion signed him in 2017 then another idiot gave him a new contract and captain’s armband and yet again he gets contract extension from another idiot.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2254 on: February 09, 2022, 11:07:02 PM »
Bruce has defended him in his post match press conference, didn't think it was a red and said it was a perfectly good challenege which he should have made.

So captain fantastic will be back in the first 11 after his latest 4 game ban. Joy.
Boing Boing

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2255 on: February 09, 2022, 11:12:40 PM »
If he's straight back in then good luck to SB

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2256 on: February 09, 2022, 11:55:07 PM »
Bruce has defended him in his post match press conference, didn't think it was a red and said it was a perfectly good challenege which he should have made.

So captain fantastic will be back in the first 11 after his latest 4 game ban. Joy.
That means we can expect to see the same type of tackle again. With more red cards to come. Jake has a way of lunging at the ball from a distance which means he loses control. Someone has to coach it out of him.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2257 on: February 10, 2022, 12:10:25 AM »
That means we can expect to see the same type of tackle again. With more red cards to come. Jake has a way of lunging at the ball from a distance which means he loses control. Someone has to coach it out of him.

Umpteen coaches have failed to coach him how to pass a football, I think the old adage of old dog and new tricks will apply to him now. He just needs to no longer feature

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2258 on: February 10, 2022, 02:32:49 AM »
Watched back the red card, looks harsh too me but ref was definitely influenced by Sheff player’s. Still a silly challenge which gave official a choice.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2259 on: February 10, 2022, 06:39:05 AM »
He's prone to rash tackles due the the fact that he has a turning circle akin to one of Stobbarts wagons and is out of position most of the time.
Not an over reaction but I hope we don't see him again.
This isn't an isolated case is it.
Time for us to move on and for Jake to move over.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2260 on: February 10, 2022, 06:57:04 AM »
Watched back the red card, looks harsh too me but ref was definitely influenced by Sheff player’s. Still a silly challenge which gave official a choice.

He doesn't learn that's the thing and at his age he should know better. He is captain and should be behaving more responsibly.

I thought it was a bit of a harsh straight red but I have no sympathy with JL because he should know better than to give the referee the decision to make.

You could excuse it if he was an inexperienced kid but he isn't. 

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2261 on: February 10, 2022, 07:23:36 AM »
I thought he was doing ok till that rash tackle, but this is what you get with Jake. There many times when he tackles, he gives fouls away. He is like a bull in China shop and goes through the player. There is no need to dive into tackles like he does in this modern football era.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2262 on: February 10, 2022, 07:36:16 AM »
I thought he was doing ok till that rash tackle, but this is what you get with Jake. There many times when he tackles, he gives fouls away. He is like a bull in China shop and goes through the player. There is no need to dive into tackles like he does in this modern football era.

I remember when my legs went and I was making daft tackles like that. I gave up and so should Jake.
MAGA!

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2263 on: February 10, 2022, 08:30:55 AM »
The club sold Sam Field to a promotion rival (QPR) and he starts regularly there.
At the same time we are stuck with Livermore.
The PRIDE of midlands

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2264 on: February 10, 2022, 08:39:16 AM »
Respect him for his service to the club, however fans have always been aware that he’s probably one of the least naturally gifted footballers we’ve had here over the last 2/3 decades.

Now his legs are failing him it’s becoming really painful to watch. Bruce will have failed before he’s even started if he cannot come to terms with this fact.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2265 on: February 10, 2022, 09:01:52 AM »

This was my take away too.

I honestly do not see what managers see in him.

Awful footballer and appalling captain.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2266 on: February 10, 2022, 10:30:48 AM »
His discipline is a shambles and doesn't set any sort of example and for what it's worth Mowatt's on the same trajectory discipline-wise. I want Livermore out of this club. He may very well be exemplary off the pitch but I don't watch Albion play football for 90 minutes based on their characters outside of that time. Granted, I want our players to be nice people and not Joey Bartons however the quality on the pitch is what matters and Jake Livermore's presence has been winding me up for about 3 years now.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2267 on: February 10, 2022, 11:59:33 AM »
His discipline is a shambles and doesn't set any sort of example and for what it's worth Mowatt's on the same trajectory discipline-wise. I want Livermore out of this club. He may very well be exemplary off the pitch but I don't watch Albion play football for 90 minutes based on their characters outside of that time. Granted, I want our players to be nice people and not Joey Bartons however the quality on the pitch is what matters and Jake Livermore's presence has been winding me up for about 3 years now.

Satisfying to see that the penny is now dropping with people.

You can count on two hands the amount of good games he's had for WBA.

I saw him very early in a Premier League game and rever thinking to myself this guy is way off the standard for that league.

Right now he is way off even Championship level.

Nice guy and all that......

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2268 on: February 10, 2022, 12:14:43 PM »
I cannot understand why we havent got Sawyers back before, its bloody imperative now
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2269 on: February 10, 2022, 12:18:31 PM »
I cannot understand why we havent got Sawyers back before, its bloody imperative now

Sawyers not in the Stoke squad anymore i don't believe. Shame he never lived up to the expectations.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2270 on: February 10, 2022, 12:22:54 PM »
He plays like an old fashioned wig half to me, clattering into reckless challenges all over the place, that sort of player has long gone I'm afraid.
TGH, Mowett plus another in a midfield 3
Part of a 4321 setup
Is the best we can do I think
Of course with O'Shea, Clark, Kipper and Townshend as my  back 4
Robbo & Diang as the 2
AC up top
I like Granty but not doing enough and neither is Mowett I'm not keen on Reach either but that's our lot, I like that set up but prefer 352

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2271 on: February 10, 2022, 12:25:26 PM »
Perhaps we could fit in Robbo as on of the 3 in midfield and put Grant in the 2?

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2272 on: February 10, 2022, 02:46:12 PM »
Hopefully if we appeal we’ll get an extra game added on making 5 for frivolous appeal.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2273 on: February 10, 2022, 03:15:32 PM »
Someone needs to tell him. If it means lunging at the ball when he is not next to the player with the ball, refs. will see it as losing control, especially when it is delivered in a vigorous manner. Even if he gets part of the ball, making a strong contact with the player gives refs a reason.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2274 on: February 10, 2022, 03:21:29 PM »

Sawyers not in the Stoke squad anymore i don't believe. Shame he never lived up to the expectations.

Romaine Sawyers suffered a major tear to a quadricep in December. He hasn't featured in squads because he's been unavailable for selection. Think he's due back post rehab either later this month or early next.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.