Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 468687 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2017, 12:29:00 PM »
Which is the modern version of £6m, which is the 2012 version of £3m back in the "good old days".

£10m is a mid-level amount for a starting midfielder these days at Prem level, despite the fact most of us see it as a larger amount.

For my 2pence, if he's replacing Fletcher then it's a move that'll improve the team and that can only be a good thing.

No chance of Pulis dropping Fletcher. He'll probably play Livermore centre back.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2017, 02:43:21 PM »
Alright love, calm down  :o The staff informed us not to mention anything other than Livermore related news in here.

Listed them in a thread a week or so back, not sure which thread it was now, if you are that desperate have a gander for it using the 'search' facility.

Would not trust a man who is only interested in players who have played in the Premier League with our now apparently significant warchest. He may well go on to purchase players in this and future that he will utilise and who may prove to play well for us, but there is so much better value and choice to be had by casting the net wider. We are, and he is, acting to our detriment by not being more open minded in my most humble of opinions.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
In the Albion`s transfer plan`s I trust if you think they don`t no about all player`s European and worldwide then you do`nt know how top flight football transfers work They have come up with players they believe will be the right fit for our club Livermore being one of them. I would rather trust a man that deals in football as a living than anyone on on this site including me who does not know how it all works

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2017, 03:15:45 PM »
In the Albion`s transfer plan`s I trust if you think they don`t no about all player`s European and worldwide then you do`nt know how top flight football transfers work They have come up with players they believe will be the right fit for our club Livermore being one of them. I would rather trust a man that deals in football as a living than anyone on on this site including me who does not know how it all works

I don't particularly want to get into a discussion with you as it's fruitless as you will blindly follow what the club say and do regardless and also this is a Livermore thread as opposed to a transfer thread, but you can find a balance. There are players out there that can adapt to this league and be successful in it if you are willing to scout and look for them.

I do not know how top flight football transfers work? Do other clubs not bring in players from abroad and  they go on to be the best players in the league? Bergkamp, Henry et al who had not previously played in this league? There is no point naming players as the list is fairly endless, but looking closer to home, Rondon came in with no experience of the league, has been superb with little or no support, Odemwingie was an inspired signing and an utter bargain, ditto with Mulumbu. You do not have to have played in the Premier League to prove a success over here, but the transfer fee for players outside the Premier League will by and large be a lot lower than buying from this league and particularly in buying British.

We act to our own detriment by not casting the net wider.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2017, 04:57:37 PM »
Paul Suart ‏@PaulSuartWBA 

Looks like West Brom will unveil Jake Livermore tomorrow. Club hope deal will be done in time for him to be eligible for Sunderland.

Finally our 1st signing in January :)
The PRIDE of midlands

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #180 on: January 19, 2017, 05:04:55 PM »
Hope Blues are paying us £10 million for Garner as this is on par with him. Really surprised the club pays 10 million for a player most of us don't really rate.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2017, 05:11:24 PM »
Hope Blues are paying us £10 million for Garner as this is on par with him. Really surprised the club pays 10 million for a player most of us don't really rate.

It doesnt matter what we think. The club are the decision makers not us.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2017, 05:12:14 PM »
Most of us ? Bigging yourself up aren't you mate ?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2017, 05:13:38 PM »
its not directly my money, i can just about cope with 10 million, its ridiculous transfers this day and age. 15 million i would have been spitting feathers. will be interesting to see when he actually starts a game. someone getting injured my thinks
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2017, 05:14:35 PM »
Should be a solid signing who will put pressure on  Yacob and Fletcher certainly improves the squad.

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2017, 05:18:21 PM »
Massively underwhelmed. This is not a position that we are in dire need of strengthening, particularly with a player who is not a big upgrade on what have got. I'd be amazed if he gets picked ahead of yacob and fletcher so either we will play him out of position ( nothing new there) or he warms the bench (nothing new there either) or we play with three defensive midfield players - perfect fit for us in that case!

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2017, 05:20:16 PM »
Massively underwhelmed. This is not a position that we are in dire need of strengthening, particularly with a player who is not a big upgrade on what have got. I'd be amazed if he gets picked ahead of yacob and fletcher so either we will play him out of position ( nothing new there) or he warms the bench (nothing new there either) or we play with three defensive midfield players - perfect fit for us in that case!

Centre midfield is a a position we are in massive need to strengthening. Fletcher's form has been below par all season and other clubs have players that can do what Yacob does AND MORE.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2017, 05:22:18 PM »
Weakest area going mate , and slowest.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2017, 05:23:37 PM »
i think he'll do well here. great signing better than Gardner and definitely competition for the 1st team.

Hull obviously not bothered about getting relegated.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2017, 05:26:29 PM »
its not directly my money, i can just about cope with 10 million, its ridiculous transfers this day and age. 15 million i would have been spitting feathers. will be interesting to see when he actually starts a game. someone getting injured my thinks

I'm about there too. I can stomach it at £10m, would have preferred closer to £8m but would have been deeply unimpressed at anywhere near the £15m that was banded about at one stage.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2017, 05:40:11 PM »

Speak for yourself.

Hull are gutted he is going and TP can clearly see something in him. I am hoping he brings his mate Snodgrass to be honest.........

Nobody rated Nyom when he joined. How did that work out??
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:42:23 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2017, 06:07:46 PM »
TP will not be interested in Snodgrass ,because he has ability on the ball.
Phillips dosen't look to bad for a clogger.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2017, 06:16:51 PM »
no complaints from as long as its Fletcher he replaces.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2017, 06:41:24 PM »
It really does`nt matter who he replaces as long as it improves our midfield I thick he is an upgrade on any of our midfield

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2017, 06:42:30 PM »
Adding youth and mobility in an area where we are short.

Happy indeed and at a sound price too.

Will be a good signing in my view.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2017, 06:48:20 PM »
Adding youth and mobility in an area where we are short.

Happy indeed and at a sound price too.

Will be a good signing in my view.
Agreed , suspect he will win a few over quickly.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2017, 06:51:14 PM »
You can`t win with some of these Albion fan`s we buy player`s but there not the right player`s there  panic buys. no they are the players who our management team deem right for our club I will give them all the support they need and as for kirk well speak for yourself

I speaking for a few, not 1 thinks it is a good signing.... some of our fans have an arsenal syndrome happy to settle for 4th for them for us it's survival in the premier league
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2017, 06:58:12 PM »
are we all assuming he's playing in midfield not in defence?

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2017, 07:17:30 PM »
10 million is a lot of money, but it isn't 15 million so that is a bonus. I don't mind us signing Livermore, I just didn't want us to pay a ridiculous money when there is so much more value in the market.

Livermore should slot in fairly easily. He will not pull trees up and even £10 million is probably too much but he does have lots of energy and should thrive in a Pulis system.

Hull fans aren't gutted he is going as they feel they need the money but they do admit he has been one of thier better players (if that counts for anything in a relegation doomed side). We need more options in central midfield and we need ore pace and energy. You would imagine he will turn out to be the replacement for the aging but competent Darren Fletcher.
Boing Boing

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2017, 07:21:34 PM »
Looks like a decent signing to me. I think he is a decent all round box to box player who brings flexibility to midfield and defence and to be honest I think he would walk in to either role at the moment replacing either Fletcher (won't happen) or MaCauley - could happen.