Author Topic: Nacer Chadli (Sold to Monaco)  (Read 394510 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Nacer Chadli joins Albion
« Reply #1250 on: July 11, 2018, 09:44:01 AM »
Off topic (sorry) but if anyone was shocking it was Lukaku not Chadli !!

I think Kevin De Bruyne should have a little cringe in the mirror too.

Cracking player who left it all in the dressing room.

Some of his passes were reminiscent of Chris Brunt on an off day.

As for Chadli I thought he did well initially but started to fade from about the hour mark.

His set piece delivery was erratic too, albeit France defended them well.

If we get past Croatia then our set piece routines will have to be absolutely spot on.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1251 on: July 11, 2018, 11:21:06 AM »
Looking at Chadli's overall performance in the world cup I would suggest his best attribute is in taking throw ins. I agree he has done well to play at the level in a top international team and Martinez must have seen something. I never really have and my one hope was that he would have scored the winner in the final - now not to be - and we could have really cashed in.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1252 on: July 11, 2018, 11:32:21 AM »
Looking at Chadli's overall performance in the world cup I would suggest his best attribute is in taking throw ins. I agree he has done well to play at the level in a top international team and Martinez must have seen something. I never really have and my one hope was that he would have scored the winner in the final - now not to be - and we could have really cashed in.

...release clause means that there is a ceiling on what we can get for him. He could have scored 23 goals in the World Cup and be coveted by Real Madrid and we would have been no better off for it.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1253 on: July 11, 2018, 12:26:38 PM »
...release clause means that there is a ceiling on what we can get for him. He could have scored 23 goals in the World Cup and be coveted by Real Madrid and we would have been no better off for it.
Unless barca wanted him too !?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1254 on: July 11, 2018, 01:00:29 PM »
Unless barca wanted him too !?

No? There is no bidding war with a release clause. Both clubs meet the clause, the player decides where he wants to go.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: WBA - Nacer Chadli
« Reply #1255 on: July 11, 2018, 06:21:58 PM »
Lads, moved another load of posts into the Chadli thread on the main board, this forum is for transfer talk only. If people carry on ignoring then we'll lock the threads until new rumours come up.

Well said Oldbury,
It's not as if he's put in a transfer request or even said he wants to leave.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1256 on: July 12, 2018, 05:00:15 PM »

No? There is no bidding war with a release clause. Both clubs meet the clause, the player decides where he wants to go.

Really?, if Madrid bid the release clause price (x) why would Barca not bid (x +1) which means selling club gets more and the player gets more (same % of x+1), then Madrid counter-bid X+2 ......
Agree the baseline would be release clause rather than an arbitrary figure but I fail to see why 2 buyers wouldn't compete.
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1257 on: July 12, 2018, 05:17:39 PM »
Really?, if Madrid bid the release clause price (x) why would Barca not bid (x +1) which means selling club gets more and the player gets more (same % of x+1), then Madrid counter-bid X+2 ......
Agree the baseline would be release clause rather than an arbitrary figure but I fail to see why 2 buyers wouldn't compete.

Because we can't reject the lower bid so why would they offer any more?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1258 on: July 12, 2018, 05:50:46 PM »

Selling club cannot reject release clause. Buying clubs would be bidding over wages.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1259 on: July 12, 2018, 06:05:48 PM »
The problem with us 'English' is that we get overly carried away with our views, be them positive or negative. This is fueled by the press and their ridiculous comments. Example - Everyone going bonkers over the national team for reaching a semi final. Would Spain or Germany celebrate this as an achievement?? Same with players. One good game and they are world beaters. We are all guilty. Personally I wouldn't lose any sleep if Chadli left. Lacks an end product too often. Like Nyom but with added flair.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1260 on: July 12, 2018, 06:19:04 PM »
in simpler terms it’s like an ebay buy it now price, once that fee is met the seller can’t ask for more. The price is fixed in the contract, the buying club pay that amount regardless of how many teams want him, it’s up to the player who he joins once the clubs pay that fee outlined in his contract, if a Club only has to pay 10million to be given permission to negotiate with a player what club in their right mind would bid more.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1261 on: July 12, 2018, 06:23:44 PM »
Selling club cannot reject release clause. Buying clubs would be bidding over wages.

Not strictly true Arsenal met Suarez release clause and Liverpool said no.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1262 on: July 12, 2018, 06:27:38 PM »

One club can meet the release clause and another can offer £10m more but we cannot decide where the player goes, its up to him.

The clubs will be competing on the package they offer the player not the fee they pay us
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1263 on: July 12, 2018, 06:44:51 PM »

Yes, and Suarez was well within his rights to sue Liverpool for breach of contract. He chose not to, probably because he had no interest in going to Arsenal.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1264 on: July 12, 2018, 07:20:02 PM »
if Suarez had wanted to go to Arsenal he would have been well within his rights to sue Liverpool.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1265 on: July 12, 2018, 07:27:10 PM »

Was well documented John Henry point blank said no. Pretty sure it was on the basis of his release clause coming to fruition out of the blue and it being an inside job. Suarez never had the chance to say no.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1266 on: July 12, 2018, 07:33:05 PM »
in simpler terms it’s like an ebay buy it now price, once that fee is met the seller can’t ask for more. The price is fixed in the contract, the buying club pay that amount regardless of how many teams want him, it’s up to the player who he joins once the clubs pay that fee outlined in his contract, if a Club only has to pay 10million to be given permission to negotiate with a player what club in their right mind would bid more.
Got it now, thanks!
Albion Family !!!

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1267 on: July 14, 2018, 03:38:54 PM »
Done his hamstring in the runner up game of the world cup. been subed off...

He won't be going any where.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1268 on: July 14, 2018, 03:42:19 PM »
Done his hamstring in the runner up game, been subed off...
How long does a hamstring take, before or after transfer deadlines?

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1269 on: July 14, 2018, 03:44:24 PM »
How long does a hamstring take, before or after transfer deadlines?

a few days for s pull a month of its a minor tear.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1270 on: July 14, 2018, 03:46:00 PM »
Done his hamstring in the runner up game of the world cup. been subed off...

He won't be going any where.

Poor chap, he'll probably be out now until the Euro's  ::)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1271 on: July 14, 2018, 05:35:35 PM »
Was it a hamstring strain or a full on spasm? Martinez and the player should take some blame - he’s not match fit has been playing too much football. Hopefully it’s just a strain and he’s ready to train in a month or so - big problem though as unlikely to be sold if he’s not fit and he won’t be able to play either! Could have done without this.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:37:14 PM by baggie82 »

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1272 on: July 14, 2018, 06:11:40 PM »
He might have asked to play to keep himself in the shop window. Or maybe I'm being unfair.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1273 on: July 14, 2018, 06:18:50 PM »
I sense an imminent transfer request followed by a strike followed by another supposed injury on the eve of the Bolton game

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1274 on: July 14, 2018, 06:39:11 PM »
I’m not surprised he’s injured. It’s the fastest I’ve ever seen him move.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.