Author Topic: The Hawthorns post lockdown  (Read 8125 times)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

The Hawthorns post lockdown
« on: November 28, 2020, 04:42:20 PM »
Has anyone decided they don’t miss football and won’t bother returning post lockdown?

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

Re: The Hawthorns post lockdown
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 04:44:25 PM »
No.  :D

I can’t wait to see live football. Any live football.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 04:47:58 PM »
Has anyone decided they don’t miss football and won’t bother returning post lockdown?
Opposite, realised I hate football, especially the corrupt league we currently grace, but love the Albion. Can't wait to get back up the Hawthorns but still won't be watching any other games, especially in the corrupt league we currently grace.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 04:54:36 PM »
I won’t go back until all restrictions on crowd numbers are lifted. I have lost interest in football generally; I started to watch the Brentford v QPR game on tv last night, managed about two minutes, boring, so switched over to the FA Cup game on BBC but the woman doing the commentary was so bad, couldn’t stand listening to her so turned that off as well. Albion aside, I think I’d rather watch the fog swirling outside than watch a game of football.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 04:58:04 PM »
I mentioned this last week Football is a habit so I reckon there will be some who won't be returning imo football today isn't a patch on how it used to be especially the greed league.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 05:37:59 PM »
I won’t bother going until things return back to normal.

The Hawthorns is special when it’s packed to the rafters - not when it’s capacity is like a glorified cup match
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 05:40:10 PM »
I will be going back no problem, but I think this season is a write off for me at the moment [high risk etc]. Depends on what the club come up with, if we are allowed 4000 how do they divvy the places up?
MAGA!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 05:53:54 PM »
I will be there as soon as possible. Skyclad99 will know what I mean when I say I miss my cuddle, NO NOT WITH HIM  
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 05:56:48 PM by kc56wba »
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 06:03:06 PM »
I will be back as soon as I get an opportunity to do so. I currently feel distanced from the game but know 100 per cent that I can regain the passion I have for going to matches involving my team.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 06:04:46 PM »
I’d go back today if I could...
Doesn’t matter if it’s small crowds ...Just start singing “Buckley out” 😂
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 06:26:11 PM »
I won’t bother going until things return back to normal.

The Hawthorns is special when it’s packed to the rafters - not when it’s capacity is like a glorified cup match

This is how I feel mate. No pre match pint or ritual either. Sitting down quietly in somewhere like the sandwell or sportsman with a substantial meal like a good boy is not part of match day.

Until the whole experience returns (in full) i’ll leave it alone.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 06:38:46 PM by BB74 »

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 06:36:08 PM »
I will be going back, although not this season if they start fleecing the fans like Chelsea and Spurs have.

Chelsea charging £75 and Spurs £67 for their games post lockdown.

£30 is absolute max although anything over £25 I’ll have to think about it.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 07:49:11 PM »
I will be going back, although not this season if they start fleecing the fans like Chelsea and Spurs have.

Chelsea charging £75 and Spurs £67 for their games post lockdown.

£30 is absolute max although anything over £25 I’ll have to think about it.
It’s a business , supply and demand....if we are charging £60 a seat and can only have 4000 , we will sell 4000
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2020, 09:31:24 PM »
It’s a business , supply and demand....if we are charging £60 a seat and can only have 4000 , we will sell 4000

That’s fine, I won’t be one of them

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2020, 10:48:04 PM »
That’s fine, I won’t be one of them
That’s your choice, I’d pay it, many will, many won’t.
I get both sides.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2020, 12:48:30 AM »
That sounds a con from Chelsea and Spurs, but they are probably putting playing clever in their eyes and allocating those seats that they sell for the highest price in normal times.

If miraculously Sandwell is in tier 1 or 2 by the time of the vile game I would have a real dilemma as to whether I would pay such high prices if charged by us.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2020, 05:52:41 AM »
Things only change when fans take a stand altogether as with PPV, the sales were horrendous so they pretty much had no choice but to change it.

The same would happen with ticket prices; if people pay it they will keep on rising and if people choose not to pay they will have no choice but to reduce the prices, especially after how Covid has pretty much shown ‘football is nothing without fans’

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2020, 06:14:07 AM »
I will be there as soon as possible. Skyclad99 will know what I mean when I say I miss my cuddle, NO NOT WITH HIM

You know how to hurt a man Kev 

Very much looking forward to seeing that particular individual again mate   ;)
MAGA!

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2020, 03:53:46 PM »
That sounds a con from Chelsea and Spurs, but they are probably putting playing clever in their eyes and allocating those seats that they sell for the highest price in normal times.

If miraculously Sandwell is in tier 1 or 2 by the time of the vile game I would have a real dilemma as to whether I would pay such high prices if charged by us.

Sandwell (and indeed much of the West Midlands) will be in tier 3 until the tier system is redundant. Mark my words.

London's case rates are higher, but there would be more people kick off, more people made redundant, and it would complicate MP's lives if they were in tier 3. They can kick us while we're down without anybody causing much of a stink.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2020, 04:09:00 PM »
Sandwell (and indeed much of the West Midlands) will be in tier 3 until the tier system is redundant. Mark my words.

London's case rates are higher, but there would be more people kick off, more people made redundant, and it would complicate MP's lives if they were in tier 3. They can kick us while we're down without anybody causing much of a stink.
How does that translate to tier 4 in Scotland and the new restriction in Wales do you think they are just being vindictive?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2020, 04:29:26 PM »

Match days for me  are a business of beers with friends and family followed by sport and more beers after. I miss the Albion but not enough to part with £60 for the sterile privilege of being part of a 2,500 (more likely than 4,000) sparsely populated, socially distanced, non singing, mask wearing crowd with no pre or post match beers. They can ask for £60 if they like but they probably wouldn't appreciate the answer. There'd be zero demand from myself, my family or most of my mates at that price, and we've got long memories.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2020, 05:54:34 PM »

I agree with the London-centric approach, no change there though, that's why the new wembley being by the nec was vetoed as all the money is down there.

You are probably right about tier 3 for us all, especially now a date of 2/2/21 (I think) has been mooted to end the tier system in it's entirety.

Cockneys are rioting and protesting too, whist we just seem to accept it. That must sway their thinking too when they think it's "just" another 2 month hit for us. Add to that things like they won Dudley North for the first time in a long time and they don't want to alienate those voters by being seen to support businesses over lives.

If it saves lives then we have to accept these short term restrictions on our freedoms, but I will miss singing sotv in person.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2020, 06:56:14 PM »
How will they organise a socially distanced 'pat down' by the stewards?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2020, 07:36:04 PM »
How will they organise a socially distanced 'pat down' by the stewards?

Tennis racket in each hand  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2020, 08:43:26 PM »
i have not missed it and lost interest in going .100% agree with most will not go again till the ground is full and the players stand up. its going to be awhile yet .