Author Topic: Anything Stoke  (Read 300351 times)

Red Stripe

• Youth Baggie

Re: Anything Stoke
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 06:13:17 PM »
I know they had a good win on Saturday but looking at their remaining fixtures i dont think this lot are out of it yet

I think that we've probably got enough points already, but yep another win would be nice.

So yes we're in it but we're in a pretty strong position.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2011, 07:26:59 PM »
I think that we've probably got enough points already, but yep another win would be nice.

So yes we're in it but we're in a pretty strong position.

I must agree with you there (sadly  ;))

It would need a complete squad melt down for Stoke NOT to stay clear....

We actually need Stoke to strongly for the remainder of the Season as four of their games are against the Dingles, Seals, Blackpool & Wigwam.......
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

fortressbritannia

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »
I hope we can count on your support for Sunday's Semi-Final  ;) ;) ;D

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
Wouldn't mind you beating Bolton, I actually would quite like to see how you lot would do in the Europa League. I'm sure a fair few european teams will relish the chance to come to the Britannia... at night... in the rain... ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill
WestBromwichAlbion

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2011, 08:47:11 PM »

Promise to beat the Wolves and i might
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »
Stoke are perfect for channel five, x rated.
I only go for the beer.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2011, 09:08:07 PM »
No, your strips horrible.

swabey

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2011, 07:29:10 PM »
No, your strips horrible.

I agree. Roll on next season when we get our stripes back.

Welease_Woger

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2011, 07:46:23 PM »
As Albion overtake Stoke in the Premiership, I've got to say that our beautiful passing game bodes well for our future. Certainly is eye-candy compared to Stoke's "delap-i-dated" brand of hoofball.

It was all just a matter of time, really...

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2011, 09:15:47 PM »
I'd rather tie my balls to the engine of a plane whilst sitting on a skateboard than cheer you on

fortressbritannia

« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2011, 11:21:35 PM »
As Albion overtake Stoke in the Premiership, I've got to say that our beautiful passing game bodes well for our future. Certainly is eye-candy compared to Stoke's "delap-i-dated" brand of hoofball.

It was all just a matter of time, really...

Still a long way to go  ;)

Rich99

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2011, 12:03:44 AM »
I bet those Stoke fans look at us thinking 'if only we could play football like that'.

To be fair, Robert Huth, is an OK center back and his surname certainly fits the club well. :D

Hooooooof...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:06:32 AM by Rich99 »

Rich99

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2011, 12:09:12 AM »

I'll be backing either team big time should they get through and face Manchester United in the final.

swabey

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2011, 02:56:58 PM »
I bet those Stoke fans look at us thinking 'if only we could play football like that'.

To be fair, Robert Huth, is an OK center back and his surname certainly fits the club well. :D

Hooooooof...

Yeah , all those goals against west ham, the Geordies and the two belters on Saturday, just like watching paint dry.  :-*

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2011, 03:12:41 PM »
Yeah , all those goals against west ham, the Geordies and the two belters on Saturday, just like watching paint dry.  :-*
Oh please, you're not going to come on this forum and try and convince us that Stoke play good entertaining football now are ya??  ::)
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

fortressbritannia

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2011, 03:26:35 PM »
Oh please, you're not going to come on this forum and try and convince us that Stoke play good entertaining football now are ya??  ::)

MOTD doesn't tell the full story

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2011, 03:37:34 PM »
Your fans were absolutely slating the fact that your football hasn't changed at all after we played you a few games back.

fortressbritannia

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2011, 03:55:42 PM »
Your fans were absolutely slating the fact that your football hasn't changed at all after we played you a few games back.

True we were going through a shocking run of form and it has a lot to do with the fact that Etherington wasn't fully fit and Carew had come into the team and hadn't gelled with Jones. However Etherington is back fully fit and TP is now playing 2 wingers again and Jones and Walters have really hit it off together.

There seemed to have been a change of mentality after the FA cup win against West Ham that we do have good players (don't deny it we do have some good players ;) ) at the club and we can do things and we are capable of upsetting the big clubs.

Plus the weather is a lot nicer which for some strange reason make Jones play better

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »
Cant say I will be wishing you on. Id like Bolton to win it I think as they play better football. what I saw from Stoke against ourselves was shocking.

Some of your goals recently have been very good with Etherington and Walters but it is similar to what your type of side do. If it isnt long ball - it's all about pace down the channels - one of the reasons English players have fell behind the rest of the world technically in recent years.

If you win though congratulations - it would be a strike for the "small teams" as we so often get called nowadays. Shame you have to play the semi final at Wembley and not Villa Park or Old Trafford - it wrecks the magic of the cup just because the FA want to pay off their debt on the stadium.
Boing Boing

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2011, 01:10:08 AM »
Yeah, the diving Jones and generally boring hoofball doesn't really lend itself to much enthusiasm. You are League One on Anabolic Steroids, lots of muscle, low brows and misspelled tattoos.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2011, 02:43:26 AM »
Come on Bolton!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2011, 06:36:43 AM »
Stoke have managed 3 years in the Premiership, yes the football is a bit agricultural most of the time, but they have played more football this year. Pullis has done a good job with them, they have their critics, but they have had a winning style.
I think that they have been rumbled in recent weeks, certainly by us at the Brittania, good luck in the semi, rather Stoke win than the badge kisser.
Baggie in Southampton

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2011, 08:37:17 AM »
Looks like they are still going to be 'a footballing team' next season too;

Stoke boss Tony Pulis is planning a bid for tough-tackling Galatasaray defender Servet Cetin, whose Ayibogan nickname translates as "a man who could choke a bear".
Full story: Daily Mirror

:o
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

fortressbritannia

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2011, 11:51:18 AM »
Yeah, the diving Jones and generally boring hoofball doesn't really lend itself to much enthusiasm. You are League One on Anabolic Steroids, lots of muscle, low brows and misspelled tattoos.

But we're still a premership team and will be next season  :P

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2011, 02:00:09 PM »
If Stoke played on the ground they would probably be relegated this season, they play to their strengths as does every other team in the division they have had 3 good seasons in the Premierleague and now look forward to a semi final of the FA Cup. Maybe if we played to our strengths in previous seasons (e.g Mowbray) we could have enjoyed their success.

Slate them all you want but they are doing now what we aim to be doing in 2 years!