Author Topic: 3 Mar 2018 Watford 1 Albion 0  (Read 61056 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Team
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2018, 09:57:26 AM »
                 Foster

Nyom  Hegazi  Dawson  Brunt

Yacob

Burke  Field   Greg  McLean

Rondon

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2018, 10:01:53 AM »
I can't believe some people are still picking McClean.

I will never hammer him because he always gives 100% and you can't ask anymore than that, but he's nowhere near a Premier League footballer.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2018, 10:07:11 AM »
I'd sooner start Burke as the second striker than out on the wing. Sure he has the pace to run out wide but I don't believe he has good crosses/passes in him. Run him forward linking with Rondon.

Did you not see the crosses he put in against Stoke and Man United, both of which we should have scored from?

The lad has a shocking first touch and his decision making leaves a lot to be desired, but he can't offer any less than Phillips of late. Though in fairness to Phillips he did at least stand a ball up to McClean on Saturday to make it 1-0 to us and probably leave a completely different complexion on things.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2018, 10:20:58 AM »
I can't believe some people are still picking McClean.

I will never hammer him because he always gives 100% and you can't ask anymore than that, but he's nowhere near a Premier League footballer.
Don't disagree mate but just couldn't pick Gibbs after Saturday. I sit in line with the 18 yard box and he constantly watches the ball go over his head. He's like one of them penguins on the Falklands that tumble over watching the planes fly over!
McLean is, as you say, technically poor, but we need some fighters out there now, players with a point to prove, not flicking through the Panini album seeing which Premier team they fancy playing for next year.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2018, 10:24:14 AM »
Games aren't usually called off in the Prem due to snow on the pitch as all clubs have undersoil heating and covers to keep the snow/ice off. Games are usually called off because of crowd safety issues, slippy roads, people slipping on icy steps inside the ground that kind of thing.

Oh! Thank you for pointing that out  ::)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2018, 10:36:18 AM »
Oh! Thank you for pointing that out  ::)

No problem.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2018, 10:48:01 AM »
Don't disagree mate but just couldn't pick Gibbs after Saturday. I sit in line with the 18 yard box and he constantly watches the ball go over his head. He's like one of them penguins on the Falklands that tumble over watching the planes fly over!
McLean is, as you say, technically poor, but we need some fighters out there now, players with a point to prove, not flicking through the Panini album seeing which Premier team they fancy playing for next year.

But I would ask, what point is McClean going to prove exactly? That he can stick it over the bar again from five yards out with the goal gaping?

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2018, 11:08:05 AM »
Comfortable 3-1 win to Watford.

Deeney will be up for this, he bullied Hegazi earlier this season, expect more of the same with him also roughing up a half arsed Jonny Evans.

Their midfield will overpower and out run ours (as most other teams do) with Barry plodding around doing his best to avoid any contact with the ball where possible.

I am away for the weekend, will no doubt check my phone for the score but as the players have give up, i wont be going out my way either! (Sadly i know come 3pm saturday i will be trying to watch it somewhere though!)

I see we have sold out, hope the fans sing songs for the likes of Brunty, Dawson, Gmac, Yacob, Foster (maybe one or two others) let them know their efforts are appreciated.

As for the other wasters, if they dont bother trying (minimum requirement) then i hope they get booed, can accept if somebody isnt good enough but trying, its not their fault, if they dont even try, they deserve all the stick they get.

tommi

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2018, 11:22:52 AM »
If anyone is selling an adult ticket for this, please let me know!!
West Bromwich Albion F.C. - Founded 1879

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2018, 11:37:15 AM »
Want to see:

Foster

Dawson     Hegazi     GMac     Gibbs

Yacob

Burke     Field          Brunt      McClean

Rondon

We need Brunt to start for his set piece deliveries and as captain. A higher midfield line with Yacob staying back to help out in defence. Give Burke (pace) and Field a run. Drop Evans and Barry.

What we'll get:

Foster

Dawson     Hegazi     Evans (c)     Gibbs

Phillips     Barry        Greg        McClean

JRod      Rondon

Yawwwwnnnn.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2018, 01:03:10 PM »
But I would ask, what point is McClean going to prove exactly? That he can stick it over the bar again from five yards out with the goal gaping?
He's constantly taunted by fans, so always plays like he has a point to prove.
As I said, he's a poor player, but so are the alternatives, at least he tries. Phillips could certainly give him a run for his money in the sticking it over the bar stakes!
Ideally I would put Brunt on the left of a 5 but that would mean retaining the awful Gibbs.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2018, 01:14:16 PM »
He's constantly taunted by fans, so always plays like he has a point to prove.
As I said, he's a poor player, but so are the alternatives, at least he tries. Phillips could certainly give him a run for his money in the sticking it over the bar stakes!
Ideally I would put Brunt on the left of a 5 but that would mean retaining the awful Gibbs.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Why would it? If you played 3-5-2 you could play Brunt at wing back and leave Gibbs out.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2018, 01:21:41 PM »
              Foster

Dawson Hegazi  Evans  Gibbs

Yacob   Field

Burke  Krychowiak   Brunt

Rondon

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2018, 02:06:48 PM »
I want a team without Barry,Evans Livermore,phillips and Greg in it,they have underperformed big time and its why we are rock bottom with the players we have left they can't do any worse,give them ago,brunty as captain and next season,top man for me.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2018, 02:15:48 PM »
I want a team without Barry,Evans Livermore,phillips and Greg in it,they have underperformed big time and its why we are rock bottom with the players we have left they can't do any worse,give them ago,brunty as captain and next season,top man for me.

I disagree about Greg. There is no doubt that he has skill, and some of his through balls have dropped on a sixpence, but I think he has been dragged down to our Sunday League level.......however, on Saturday I will agree that he was bobbins, like most of the team except Brunt and Foster.
MAGA!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2018, 02:27:57 PM »

Why would it? If you played 3-5-2 you could play Brunt at wing back and leave Gibbs out.
Wouldn't be adverse to that.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2018, 02:42:15 PM »
I would mind trying Gibbs outside on left in attack not defence.these moves are worth trying.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2018, 03:39:05 PM »
Foster

Dawson/Hegazi/Gabr/Gibbs

Krychowiak/Field

Phillips/Brunt/Rodriguez

Rondon

Bench: Myhill, Nyom, Evans, Yacob, McClean, Leko, Burke.

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

Pubs
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2018, 03:45:16 PM »
My first time to Watford, what pubs are you guys going to go in before the game?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Pubs
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2018, 03:54:06 PM »
My first time to Watford, what pubs are you guys going to go in before the game?

there's a big Wetherspoons in the centre about a 10 minute walk from the station...think it's called moon under water that is usually popular.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2018, 04:10:30 PM »
OK vrabbit,I could go with that team.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2018, 04:13:55 PM »
OK vrabbit,I could go with that team.

thank you, I hesitantly put Rodriguez out wide even though he hasn't been too effective there but there aren't better options to play on the wing. Even if you wanted to start Rodriguez up front instead of Rondon you'd need to start McClean on the left instead and I'd rather not do that.

albionden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2018, 12:21:26 AM »
                                         4-4-2

foster

daws       gabr       hegazi      gibbs

burke        pole           field      brunt

jrod         rondon

OR

4-1-4-1

FOSTER

daws      gabr       hegazi        gibbs

yacob

burke     pole        field        brunt

rondon

dependant on whether Burke has any defensive capability against Richarleson ?? or we could be well exposed....

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2018, 11:45:30 AM »
Qu, If Gibbs is considerably shorter than the other 3 in the back line, but has to keep the line set by the 2 CH's, its not surprising that the ball clears him is it?
Should he drop back and play the oppo on side?

Supplementary qu, is this why TP was obsessed with tall fullbacks?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Powelly

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Pubs
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2018, 01:20:14 PM »

The Odd Fellows was popular with Albion fans last season. About 200 yards from away end.