Author Topic: Will They Come Back Though ?  (Read 23402 times)

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Will They Come Back Though ?
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 06:48:07 PM »
I didn’t come to many games anyway, maybe 3 or 4 a season as I simply can’t afford it but I do what I can. Under Pulis I have seen us twice and both games were terrible and made so angry. I stopped enjoying it.

If we show signs of being more progressive I’ll come back more regularly as I’m better off now than pre-Pulis but Club need to make me want to come back and getting rid of him is only the start.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 07:09:59 PM »
Fair play, that'll end up being some jaunt from Ausralia mind ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 07:14:09 PM »
I will comeback after Pulis because I miss it. I am not mobile though so can't justify freezing for football doesn't entertain me. If reports are true and we are targeting defensive midfielder in january I despair. how many more do we need?

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2017, 08:56:45 AM »
End game for Puils is near so are we all coming back then ?

OR will some wait to see who the new manager is and then use that as an excuse ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2017, 09:11:43 AM »

OR will some wait to see who the new manager is and then use that as an excuse ?

Oh no the day Pulis shuts the office door for the final time they are all coming back, well that's what they are saying, no mention about waiting to see how the new manager gets on.  So I look forward to seeing a full Hawthorns for the first home game after Pulis goes.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2017, 09:13:01 AM »

You’ll find a number of former regulars, like me, saying that Pulis has killed it for them. I stopped coming before then of his first half season with us, it was just too dull watching us set up to win 1-0 while wasting loads of time.

I came twice last season after buying a half season ticket at Christmas, but again, such utter rubbish was being served I gave the ticket away. Why should I waste time as well as money?

This season has not tempted me for a moment and now, after a period of regular non-attendance, I find my Saturdays are quite full. Yesterday I got some sporting entertainment on TV watching England thrash the Aussies, next Saturday I’m going to Twickenham to see it live, the Saturday after I’ll be at Stourbridge rugby for the inaugural game on their 4G pitch. Every weekend between now and the New Year is occupied with stuff that doesn’t involve me being bored witless in an uncomfortable seat in West Bromwich.

You see what’s happening here? People like me, who have been supporting the club for years, who have followed them all over, home and away, across the UK and Europe, are being lost to the club permanently because of the awful dross this man has subjected us to. He has single handedly taken the club I used to love away from me by turning us into an even poorer version of the awful, thuggish, cheating team he served up at Stoke.

In answer to your point. I don’t care any more who Albion appoint or don’t. I will continue to watch the results, but the way I feel right now I won’t be setting foot back inside the Hawthorns for the foreseeable future.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2017, 09:13:21 AM »
I have stayed away for 2 years now due to Pulisball, amongst other things. As soon as he goes, I will be back down the Shrine and attending away games - I just hope we appoint a forward thinking manager as opposed to a Pulis clone. I couldn't care less which league we are in, I just want to see us playing football again.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2017, 09:16:34 AM »
Oh no the day Pulis shuts the office door for the final time they are all coming back, well that's what they are saying, no mention about waiting to see how the new manager gets on.  So I look forward to seeing a full Hawthorns for the first home game after Pulis goes.

Think again, read again. They’re not all saying that. I was just reading on another thread about Lewisant emigrating and(I think) not being bothered about missing going to Albion any longer.

Try not to distort the facts to suit your own narrative.

Face it, while undoubtedly some people will return as soon as Pulis is gone, others, like me, will have found other ways to occupy themselves at weekends and will take a good deal more persuasion before they recommit.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2017, 09:19:10 AM »
waiting to dial ticket office
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2017, 09:23:09 AM »
Never one to go to a lot of games as I live in Scotland but I haven't been to a single game since Pulis took charge where I would normally come down for a few home games. If he goes, I'll be down to the first match that I can.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2017, 09:36:35 AM »
Think again, read again. They’re not all saying that. I was just reading on another thread about Lewisant emigrating and(I think) not being bothered about missing going to Albion any longer.

Face it, while undoubtedly some people will return as soon as Pulis is gone, others, like me, will have found other ways to occupy themselves at weekends and will take a good deal more persuasion before they recommit.

You mention two fans, Yourself and Lewisant, I was on about the many on here and people I know who have said they will come back the day Pulis walks out the door for the final time. 

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2017, 09:48:33 AM »
You mention two fans, Yourself and Lewisant, I was on about the many on here and people I know who have said they will come back the day Pulis walks out the door for the final time.

Yes, I realise it’s a small sample size, but it’s a sample of views nonetheless. All I am saying is that the club is on dangerous ground if it thinks, as some on here do, that the disenfranchised fans will walk back through the in door the moment Pulis walks through the door marked out.

It’s not that simple.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2017, 10:02:53 AM »

Fait enough and respect your choices.
However, more to my point, is that it should makes no difference to the likes of yourself who won't support the team who ever the manager is now so why would you be bothered how we play of you don't watch actively ?

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2017, 10:09:38 AM »
Fait enough and respect your choices.
However, more to my point, is that it should makes no difference to the likes of yourself who won't support the team who ever the manager is now so why would you be bothered how we play of you don't watch actively ?

That would be because Albion have been part of my life for over 50 years, because being a Black Country born Albion supporter has been a part of my identity, because I come from a family that all supported Albion, because my father and grandfather supported Albion, and because of all that I care.

And because I care about how the club plays, approaches the game, how the club is viewed by others, how the club is regarded and how Albion were once admired as a model club I despise how Pulis has taken all of that away.

However I’ve gone off track. To answer you, I bother because it’s a part of me, just no longer a strong enough part to bother to spend half the weekend watching.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2017, 10:13:01 AM »
That would be because Albion have been part of my life for over 50 years, because being a Black Country born Albion supporter has been a part of my identity, because I come from a family that all supported Albion, because my father and grandfather supported Albion, and because of all that I care.

And because I care about how the club plays, approaches the game, how the club is viewed by others, how the club is regarded and how Albion were once admired as a model club I despise how Pulis has taken all of that away.

However I’ve gone off track. To answer you, I bother because it’s a part of me, just no longer a strong enough part to bother to spend half the weekend watching.

Again respect, sounds like you have a similar history to me, but it seems you have moved on so as not to care to actively support so why both how we are playing if you don't bother watching it ?  I think if/when I get to that stage I'll care little except for pitying the poor souls who have to watch it.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2017, 11:42:01 AM »
So, over to you stay aways ?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2017, 12:08:49 PM »
I am really looking forward to a FULL Hawthorns next Tuesday.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2017, 12:47:44 PM »
I am really, really looking forward to the Newcastle game now.

Powelly

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2017, 01:21:53 PM »
So, over to you stay aways ?

3883 tickets remaining at present.
Lets see how many are left come next Tuesday...

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2017, 01:23:58 PM »
It depends who the new manager is. If it's Pardew or Allardyce I can't see much optimism being restored to be honest.

California Dreaming

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2017, 01:34:22 PM »
I’ll be buying my tickets for Newcastle and Palace tonight. I gave up my season ticket at the start of 2016|17 and haven’t been at all this season. Now Pulis is gone I can return with at least some hope of entertainment.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2017, 01:52:36 PM »
Last Albion match I attended was 15 May 2016 v Liverpool when I gave up my season ticket after 14 years (having moved back to the Midlands in 2001). Last season was the first since 1982 that I didn't go to a single game all season. I have a ticket for the Tottenham game and whilst I will not get a season ticket for the remainder of this season I will consider re purchasing for next year. As others have stated, I have found other things to do on a Saturday now!
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2017, 02:39:11 PM »
It depends who the new manager is. If it's Pardew or Allardyce I can't see much optimism being restored to be honest.

Should be nowt to do with those staying away due to Pulis surely ?  at what point do then actively support your club ? Not even for the start of a new era ?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2017, 02:41:01 PM »
He's gone now. No excuses.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2017, 02:49:52 PM »
He's gone now. No excuses.

Well said Jacko.