Author Topic: Tony Pulis  (Read 5164703 times)

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

Re: Tony Pulis
« Reply #18225 on: November 18, 2017, 05:09:03 PM »
He's gone, its just a matter of its this week, the Spurs game, or the Newcastle game. It's abundantly clear the players have absolutely zero interest in playing for him anymore. The organisation and defefensive shape of the team is no longer there which is the most obvious sign. For all his faults Pulis does make teams strong defensively and good on set pieces, those no longer being the case is a clear case the players aren't playing for him anymore. When that's the cast we'll just keep losing, we've seen it under Irvine, Mel, Clarke, RDM.... It's often obvious when a managers finished at a club - its obvious here too.

I suspect his downfall is for two particularly reasons:

1) His treatment of the players of the past few seasons, many bombed out the first team and not given chances despite our form, bound to create resentment.

2) The (admittedly) higher quality on paper at least players he'd bought in just aren't interested in playing Pulis-ball.

My mate said earlier he think there are two option if we lost 1) go right away 2) basically caretaker for spurs then bring someone straight in

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #18226 on: November 18, 2017, 05:12:37 PM »
Turn the lights off when you leave, Tone. You won't be missed.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18227 on: November 18, 2017, 05:19:46 PM »
Peace knew when to make a change.

Peace would sack Pulis tonight.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #18228 on: November 18, 2017, 05:20:41 PM »
He's gone, its just a matter of its this week, the Spurs game, or the Newcastle game. It's abundantly clear the players have absolutely zero interest in playing for him anymore. The organisation and defefensive shape of the team is no longer there which is the most obvious sign. For all his faults Pulis does make teams strong defensively and good on set pieces, those no longer being the case is a clear case the players aren't playing for him anymore. When that's the cast we'll just keep losing, we've seen it under Irvine, Mel, Clarke, RDM.... It's often obvious when a managers finished at a club - its obvious here too.

I suspect his downfall is for two particularly reasons:

1) His treatment of the players of the past few seasons, many bombed out the first team and not given chances despite our form, bound to create resentment.

2) The (admittedly) higher quality on paper at least players he'd bought in just aren't interested in playing Pulis-ball.
Agree with this , said for a while his treatment of the likes of Yacob and Brunt has been poor for two.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #18229 on: November 18, 2017, 05:21:04 PM »
If Williams don't sack him he needs to go too.
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18230 on: November 18, 2017, 05:22:39 PM »
What's that now, 2 wins in 21 games is it?.... and there are still some deluded individuals that believe he should be given more time..... Ridiculous.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18231 on: November 18, 2017, 05:27:18 PM »
Peace knew when to make a change.

Peace would sack Pulis tonight.

Peace would have sacked Pulis after Huddersfield

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18232 on: November 18, 2017, 05:27:43 PM »
It’s just a waiting game until someone half decent is available now. Everyone was so flat today. Unless something big changes I think we’re in trouble this year. I know people (me included) think we have a stronger squad this year but they don’t seem to have the commitment of prior seasons? I hope this is down to them being fed up with Pulis and Megson.

Looking at Williams and Lai now to see if they pass their first proper test?

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18233 on: November 18, 2017, 05:28:52 PM »
Has to be sacked now . Fans have turned players given up .

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18234 on: November 18, 2017, 05:31:21 PM »
I worry that we will do the right thing in kicking out Pulis, but I fear we will play ultra safe with the next appointment and employ an ex England manager (Seeing I can't name names, but he managed West Ham too)

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18235 on: November 18, 2017, 05:33:12 PM »
What's that now, 2 wins in 21 games is it?.... and there are still some deluded individuals that believe he should be given more time..... Ridiculous.

Seems like it is now down to 3 or 4 at most on this site. How anyone with the results since March can defend this manager is beyond me.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #18236 on: November 18, 2017, 05:33:36 PM »
I worry that we will do the right thing in kicking out Pulis, but I fear we will play ultra safe with the next appointment and employ an ex England manager (Seeing I can't name names, but he managed West Ham too)

He's better than what we have got

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18237 on: November 18, 2017, 05:35:11 PM »
Seems like it is now down to 3 or 4 at most on this site. How anyone with the results since March can defend this manager is beyond me.
Spot on...

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18238 on: November 18, 2017, 05:35:42 PM »
He's got to go, he's killing the club at the moment.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #18239 on: November 18, 2017, 05:38:15 PM »
He's got to go, he's killing the club at the moment.
And killing hope.

baggiecarl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #18240 on: November 18, 2017, 05:40:23 PM »
They are either deluded or trolls purporting to be fans , trying to wind everyone else up

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #18241 on: November 18, 2017, 05:44:26 PM »
Just heard his interview with pat , he's sounds resigned

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18242 on: November 18, 2017, 05:45:56 PM »
Just heard his interview with pat , he's sounds resigned
What did he say Devon?

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18243 on: November 18, 2017, 05:47:20 PM »
He's not hanging around after the game today he's getting straight off (has friends down from Bristol apparently), Williams has been in the dressing room after the game but pulis says its nothing to do with anyone what was said..... days are numbered its only a matter of time.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #18244 on: November 18, 2017, 05:48:22 PM »
He praised supporters and said owners have got to put club first. Chairman came into dressing room. He was quick to leave apparently

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18245 on: November 18, 2017, 05:48:39 PM »
If we're going to get rid, get rid tonight. Don't faff about until the new working week.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18246 on: November 18, 2017, 05:49:27 PM »
Pragmatic football has to get results, time to say goodbye for me.
Baggie in Southampton

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18247 on: November 18, 2017, 05:49:29 PM »
Why does Williams keep coming in the dressing room?
the regime don't like it man

weareblueweare white

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18248 on: November 18, 2017, 05:51:52 PM »
The axe needs to fall now, after Spurs and Newcastle we’ve got Palace at home and Swansea away.......make or break games.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #18249 on: November 18, 2017, 05:52:05 PM »
The reaction at the ground after the game today was more apathetic than hostile, which might conceivably make the Board continue to dither when they should be decisive, but surely it really ought to be all over bar the shouting now? Everywhere you look there's no spirit and no hope, so an injection of new ideas and energy is now needed to help breathe some pride and enthusiasm back into the fans.

You would hope that this is blatantly obvious to Messrs Lai and Williams, but I remain to be convinced that it is. The optimal time to make a change has gone, but to have a new manager in the stands for the Spurs game who's then in charge for the 3 more crucial games after that, along with him having a month to evaluate the squad ahead of the transfer window opening, has to be the best approach now.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:58:02 PM by WorcsWBA »