West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Tony Pulis
« Last post by vrabbit on Today at 09:16:06 PM »
By no means am I happy that HRK is one of our main strikers, but on this one he deserves some protection, watch the spin on the ball as it lands in front of him and he has a millisecond to get the shot off

:o

he has A LOT of milliseconds to get the shot off, I've defended other aspects of HRK's performance last night but there's ZERO excuse for missing that. Any striker, including HRK himself, would kill for that same exact chance.
Forthcoming Match Forum - 25/09 Arsenal (A) / Re: Team
« Last post by zippyandbungle on Today at 09:10:11 PM »
Foster

Nyom
McAuley
Evans
Gibbs

Yacob
Barry

Phillips
Krychowiak
Brunt

Rondon

Subs. Myhill Dawson Hegazi McClean Morrison Chadli Rodriguez
Dawson for Gmac and I'd go with this
« Last post by TheJacko2000 on Today at 09:06:26 PM »
Foster

Nyom
McAuley
Evans
Gibbs

Yacob
Barry

Phillips
Krychowiak
Brunt

Rondon

Subs. Myhill Dawson Hegazi McClean Morrison Chadli Rodriguez
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Tony Pulis
« Last post by zippyandbungle on Today at 09:05:52 PM »
By no means am I happy that HRK is one of our main strikers, but on this one he deserves some protection, watch the spin on the ball as it lands in front of him and he has a millisecond to get the shot off
« Last post by vrabbit on Today at 08:43:53 PM »
    if we play 5 at the back .                                                 

Foster

Dawson           Evans           Hegazi
    Nyom                                                                              Gibbs

Barry           Krychowiak     
     Phillips                                                                        McClean                             

Rodriguez

Subs Myhill, McAuley, Brunt, Livermore, Morrison, Rondon, Robson Kanu

or with 4 at the back                                   
                                                      Foster

Nyom              Dawson                 Evans               Gibbs

Barry    Krychowiak        Yacob
                 Phillips                                                                     McClean

Rodriguez

Subs Myhill, McAuley, Hegazi, Brunt, Morrison, Rondon, Robson-Kanu

slight change to the 4 at the back:

Foster

Yacob

Barry            Krychowiak
                 Phillips                                                                     Rodriguez

Rondon

I'd also be ok with Brunt on the left and Rodriguez up front. McClean makes a better impact off the bench for me.
Agree totally with you and vrabbit about this Evans far more to blame that Dawson.

Wouldn't mind seeing a midfield of Barry with Yacob holding and Krychowiak being given the freedom to go box to box as he looked very good last night...free kicks aside!

Once we got some pace on the pitch and players that can actually put a decent ball into dangerous areas we looked threatening.

Thought Gibbs played well, thought McAuley looked like a player that was coming back from injury but to be fair to him he was up against some lightening quick players and City did move the ball about very quickly and very well. Wouldn't be against playing the same formation against Arsenal.

Rodriguez doesn't look like the same player we saw in pre season or against Bournemouth and Burnley.

Fair play to Rondon he looked up for it and put himself about, held the ball up quite well, unlucky with his header too.

I'm hoping we can take the positive second half performance into the Arsenal game.

4-1-4-1 with Yacob in front of the back four and Barry/Krychowiak just ahead of him with Phillips/whoever on the wings? Might the best we can get from TP. I'm willing to give it a look.
Forthcoming Match Forum - 25/09 Arsenal (A) / Team
« Last post by Hull Baggie on Today at 08:34:52 PM »
    if we play 5 at the back .                                                 

Foster

Dawson           Evans           Hegazi
    Nyom                                                                              Gibbs

Barry           Krychowiak     
     Phillips                                                                        McClean                             

Rodriguez

Subs Myhill, McAuley, Brunt, Livermore, Morrison, Rondon, Robson Kanu

or with 4 at the back                                   
                                                      Foster

Barry    Krychowiak        Yacob
                 Phillips                                                                     McClean

Rodriguez

Subs Myhill, McAuley, Hegazi, Brunt, Morrison, Rondon, Robson-Kanu
I underrated his vision as a passer. Hull Baggie made me think about this - I can imagine TP wanting to play him as a 'false CAM', someone who would play ahead of two CDMs but still played a lot of defensive midfield duties. Not ideal, but may be the best we may get considering who the manager is.
Forthcoming Match Forum - 25/09 Arsenal (A) / Match Officials
« Last post by Hull Baggie on Today at 08:23:22 PM »
Referee: Robert Madley
Assistant Referee: Lee Betts
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell
I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but looking over City's winner, Evans stands off more than Olsson used to right from inside their half. Then allows Sane to run off him and make it 2 on 1 against Dawson.

Agree totally with you and vrabbit about this Evans far more to blame that Dawson.

Wouldn't mind seeing a midfield of Barry with Yacob holding and Krychowiak being given the freedom to go box to box as he looked very good last night...free kicks aside!

Once we got some pace on the pitch and players that can actually put a decent ball into dangerous areas we looked threatening.

Thought Gibbs played well, thought McAuley looked like a player that was coming back from injury but to be fair to him he was up against some lightening quick players and City did move the ball about very quickly and very well. Wouldn't be against playing the same formation against Arsenal.

Rodriguez doesn't look like the same player we saw in pre season or against Bournemouth and Burnley.

Fair play to Rondon he looked up for it and put himself about, held the ball up quite well, unlucky with his header too.

I'm hoping we can take the positive second half performance into the Arsenal game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10