West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Ex Players Thread
« Last post by TheBrom on Today at 06:39:51 PM »
Just seen big Geoff Horsefield on the news talking about his charity redoing derelict housing to help homeless people
General Football & Sports / Re: Saido Berahino
« Last post by Baggies on Today at 06:34:18 PM »
Will be an interesting season for Saido. There is no doubting that if he can change his attitude and things go right for him, he could tear this division apart.

He will have a job though getting into Stoke’s eleven in the first place. Afobe is proven at this level, while both Diouf and Choupo-Moting have had double figure scoring seasons in the Bundesliga and so could easily fire well in the championship, and Peter Crouch will often get a chance from the bench. He will have to work very hard to get into the most loaded strike force in the division, especially when they also have a couple of youth strikers waiting in the wings.

General Football & Sports / Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Last post by skyclad99 on Today at 06:12:01 PM »

Same.

I think they'll be bottom 3.

I am thinking financially as well Jacko, but I agree with your thoughts on the position.
« Last post by TheJacko2000 on Today at 06:07:03 PM »
I am still convinced that it will all end in tears.......

Same.

I think they'll be bottom 3.
« Last post by Dexy on Today at 05:59:49 PM »
Moutinho .....dear me thats a top signing for them  :-X
« Last post by skyclad99 on Today at 05:54:21 PM »
Going off the rails a bit this lot for me. I was envious of how Fosun were going about it with the focus on youth and getting the likes of Neves and Jota with massive resale potential. They're now just hoovering up anyone with links to Mendes and and a Portugal cap. Moutinho is 32 soon and clearly on his way down, they're also after 35 year old Pepe if reports are to be believed.

In the battle for best of the rest, I think they're behind Everton, Leicester, West Ham and Southampton at the least.

I am still convinced that it will all end in tears.......
« Last post by johnny Cash on Today at 05:51:45 PM »
Going off the rails a bit this lot for me. I was envious of how Fosun were going about it with the focus on youth and getting the likes of Neves and Jota with massive resale potential. They're now just hoovering up anyone with links to Mendes and and a Portugal cap. Moutinho is 32 soon and clearly on his way down, they're also after 35 year old Pepe if reports are to be believed.

In the battle for best of the rest, I think they're behind Everton, Leicester, West Ham and Southampton at the least.

I expected more too, although there is still time for them to do more.

Seems to me like they’ve had to spend around £30m just to maintain the side that got promoted. The keeper hasn’t played in a league where he will have faced the same sort of tests as he will in the premiership and as said above, Moutinho is soon 32 and the league is unforgiving.

I don’t think they will go down mind but they may not be as comfortably as they hoped / believe / lording it about  .

« Last post by wba_1996 on Today at 05:42:53 PM »

« Last post by skyclad99 on Today at 05:34:42 PM »
europa league mark my words

We have money on this don't we Glyn????
« Last post by Baggies on Today at 05:27:03 PM »
I'd expect them to stay up comfortably, and having players all speaking the same language will be good for their squad, but like others have pointed out, there are a lot of good players in the premier league now.

Fulham, Brighton, West Ham and Huddersfield have all spent monumental amounts on players, so it is not that out of the ordinary for this summer.

The real test will come next season - do they push on from staying up, or do they then start to sell players like Neves to rivald if he thrives in the league?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10