Author Topic: Karlan Grant  (Read 292233 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Karlan Grant
« Reply #350 on: September 24, 2020, 10:56:34 PM »
I should probably say bring it back on topic but I cannot deny I’ve just spent the last five minutes laughing me socks off  ;) :D ;D

Anyhow Karlan Grant..
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #351 on: September 25, 2020, 05:24:56 AM »
& within 1 season he would hold the record for the most home goals. He hates us nearly as BAD I has i HATE him & the rest of them Villa scum, he's a Big gob to. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Not much laughing going on this forum, but I very near pee'd myself on that one mate.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #352 on: September 25, 2020, 08:04:21 PM »
Grant omitted again.  :)
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #353 on: September 25, 2020, 08:06:41 PM »
We will get Grant in the end.

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #354 on: September 25, 2020, 08:34:04 PM »
Interesting regarding Grant. Loan with a view will be good. Reckon Zohore going the other way, well hope so!

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #355 on: September 25, 2020, 09:38:20 PM »
Interesting regarding Grant. Loan with a view will be good. Reckon Zohore going the other way, well hope so!

Sky just mentioned this loan, and buy if we stop up. (Plus Grosicki to Forest has been mentioned online).

I will be disappointed if it is only a loan. We need to sign players - we cannot keep loaning evey year and then try to sign them the year after.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #356 on: September 25, 2020, 09:43:59 PM »
I'd imagine loaning players this year means less money down for now so we can get more in and effectively we are spreading the payment's out more.

That chap for Metz the deal didn't make sense to me but appear rtly they are completely broke according to Sky

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #357 on: September 25, 2020, 11:10:48 PM »
I'd imagine loaning players this year means less money down for now so we can get more in and effectively we are spreading the payment's out more.

That chap for Metz the deal didn't make sense to me but appear rtly they are completely broke according to Sky

Maybe the loans of Krovinovic and grant was what Slav was referring to when he said creative and will allow us to get in the extra bodies... I still think we could see up to 4 arrive before the window closes.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #358 on: September 25, 2020, 11:21:11 PM »
If we get Grant and the Metz guy on the deals reported that's 11m including salaries. Gives us more wiggle room elsewhere for sure

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #359 on: September 26, 2020, 11:49:17 AM »
Are you thinking of Agbonlahor?

Sure was. my sugar level must have been up :-[

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #360 on: September 26, 2020, 03:54:38 PM »
If any of you have twitter and fancy a laugh, search West Brom transfer news and have a read at some of his ITK tweets  :D

He’s just said Grant is signing this week on a loan deal, will take a week to conclude because we have to book photographers and arrange stadium tours first  :D

I may also add he said Grant had a medical 2 weeks ago; but he’s due another this week  :D :D :D

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #361 on: September 26, 2020, 04:04:37 PM »
If we get Grant and the Metz guy on the deals reported that's 11m including salaries. Gives us more wiggle room elsewhere for sure
Whos the Metz guy mate, think I missed that one?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #362 on: September 26, 2020, 04:32:38 PM »
Whos the Metz guy mate, think I missed that one?

Habib Diallo, not my rumour report though think someone said it was off SSN but not sure its back on this thread though.

Bakeyaface

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #363 on: September 26, 2020, 05:30:46 PM »
As per the usual....my messages are generally reliable....feel free to see previous posts.

Don’t shoot messenger.... breakthrough in Karlan Grant. 5 mill loan fee and 13 upfront if we stay up.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #364 on: September 26, 2020, 05:36:29 PM »
As per my comment in the general rumours, £18m is too much overall.

It’s also very expensive if we go down and we have paid £5m for a player who goes back.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #365 on: September 26, 2020, 05:41:05 PM »

It’s also very expensive if we go down and we have paid £5m for a player who goes back.

Think he gives us a fighting chance though and we will still be quidds in

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #366 on: September 26, 2020, 06:29:50 PM »
As per the usual....my messages are generally reliable....feel free to see previous posts.

Don’t shoot messenger.... breakthrough in Karlan Grant. 5 mill loan fee and 13 upfront if we stay up.

Thanks for the information. I truly hope it works out that way.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #367 on: September 26, 2020, 06:48:43 PM »
Thankd Bakeyface.

£5m for a loan is, well, huge money.

There will be better value out there but do we have the staff to recruitment team to find it? Probably not.
Boing Boing

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #368 on: September 26, 2020, 08:07:47 PM »

I’m in total agreement with this.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #369 on: September 26, 2020, 08:11:46 PM »

This is what worries me with this deal he would be ideal should we go down but it sounds as though we only have an option on him should we stay up meaning we could be paying 5 million for a player for a year and then losing him next season when he would be ideal in the championship should we go down. Surely it will be 5 million up front for the loan with the permanent obligation at the end of the season for a fee that you mentioned?

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #370 on: September 26, 2020, 10:26:36 PM »
£5 million for a one year loan would be enough if it was Messi, but we must be desparate if that's what we are offering for this guy.  Can't prove it, but is he any more clinical than Robinson?
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #371 on: September 26, 2020, 10:51:02 PM »
£5 million for a one year loan would be enough if it was Messi, but we must be desparate if that's what we are offering for this guy.  Can't prove it, but is he any more clinical than Robinson?

Yes 19 goals last season in a **** Huddersfield side and scored a handful of goals in the premier league. I can't see us agreeing to 5 million for a loan I can see us offering that sort of structured deal but not at that price. 5 million to only lose him in 12 months potentially.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 05:21:55 PM by MarkW »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #372 on: September 26, 2020, 11:12:06 PM »

Not today, but that's not standard. Grant is a better striker.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #373 on: September 27, 2020, 01:14:35 AM »
Seen on another post it's £5 million loan with £12 million permanent if we survive, thats 17 million which seems a lot for a unproven striker at this level. Has to be better value around Europe.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #374 on: September 27, 2020, 07:15:16 AM »
My view of the fee was that £15m was about the limit for Grant. £17m however it is structured is a little bit too much, I don't particularly like the £5m loan fee with an obligation to buy but I can see why the club wouldn't want to pay the fee if we are relegated.

Last time out we let our Premier League cost base get out of control and more importantly we carried too much of that into Championship. It is plain the club isn't going to do that again.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.